1. #8041
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    just wow...hahaha. nothing funnier than hearing a non-black person saying this (i think it's because they try too hard O.o).
    The voices in my head said it, for my defense :P.

  2. #8042
    All that I really hope for with a collectors edition or even something that you can buy separately on something like Itunes is a soundtrack. I really like the music I've heard so far from some of the videos ArenaNet has released.

  3. #8043
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    All that I really hope for with a collectors edition or even something that you can buy separately on something like Itunes is a soundtrack. I really like the music I've heard so far from some of the videos ArenaNet has released.
    Yeah, Jeremy Soule is one of the best video game composers out there. Every time you hear his music, it never gets old. I can listen to the Skyrim and GW2 main themes for a very, very long time without getting sick of them.

  4. #8044
    on the topic of the CE, i have never bought an actual tangible CE before, i usually buy the digital CE with the codes for in-game items. firstly, i don't want to have to wait for it to be shipped to me and waste time i could be installing/in-game already and secondly, i guess i never thought of getting the tangible stuff because i'm not a collector and (no offense) but frankly i thought it was nerdy. i guess i would only get a tangible CE as a gift for someone who really liked that kind of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalla View Post
    The voices in my head said it, for my defense :P.
    ahh, and here i was hoping you said it out aloud
    Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!!!

    Guild Wars 2: Odeezee (Necromancer) || TERA: Odeezee (Archer-Ret) || SWTOR: Odeezee (Sith Inquisitor-Ret/Jedi Sage-Ret) || GW: Odeezee Fosho (Elementalist-Ret)
    Aion: Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret), ODZ (Spirit Master-Ret) || War
    : Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret) || AoC: Odeezee (Demonologist-Ret) || WoW: Odeezee (Druid-Ret), Thaone (Mage-Ret)

  5. #8045
    Aye I've never bought a CE before, generally seems a bit overpriced (for me anyway), but if this one comes with an art book and in-game items (and even better with a soundtrack CD and plushie) I'll probably think it's worth the money. If not I'll go for normal but treat myself to the art book currently in the NCSoft store.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

  6. #8046
    So I started this thread on gw2g some days ago but it got locked because apperently my idea was already discussed elsewhere, but then again I thought I should share it with you guys. It's a guild idea and I got some nice feedback before it got locked.
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...5.html?t=21625

  7. #8047
    They may have "sold-out" of these plushies, but that doesn't mean they've sold alot. For all we know, they could have sold all 100 that were for sale.

    They're neat, but not something I'd personally buy.

  8. #8048
    i was bored so i went dumpster diving on other game forums to see how they are reacting to GW2 and i found this http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3243254?page=1 and man do i wish i still had access to my WoW account just so i could reply /sigh. this was my favorite quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziara
    I hate that when you hit max level gear all you do is play dress up with any new gear after that. Crafting in the game I would think is pointless, unless you wanna play dress up. There are other things to do in the game, but they revolve so much of the game around dressing up. Structured PvP you get new dress up clothes, new dungeon is released and you beat it to get new dress up clothes. The only feeling of progression is becoming more skilled, unless you are a fan of the lore then you get story progression. I think it is very obvious they made the game to extreme casuals that don't have time to put into the game, which is one reason their B2P model works. I can't imagine someone putting 30+ hours a week into the game like I could with mmo that have progression of all types. I will be buying and playing GW2, but it will be about as much as I will play a FPS.
    it's as though this guys is like struggling with the fact that GW2 will not be trying to artificially give you a "sense of progression" at cap by having a gear treadmill. gotta give WoW props though......it really knows how to instill Stockholm Syndrome into it's playerbase.

    @Sapho, so you don't get the digital CEs with in-game items (pet's, mounts, gear) and perks (early access/beta access) either?
    Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!!!

    Guild Wars 2: Odeezee (Necromancer) || TERA: Odeezee (Archer-Ret) || SWTOR: Odeezee (Sith Inquisitor-Ret/Jedi Sage-Ret) || GW: Odeezee Fosho (Elementalist-Ret)
    Aion: Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret), ODZ (Spirit Master-Ret) || War
    : Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret) || AoC: Odeezee (Demonologist-Ret) || WoW: Odeezee (Druid-Ret), Thaone (Mage-Ret)

  9. #8049
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    i was bored so i went dumpster diving on other game forums to see how they are reacting to GW2 and i found this http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3243254?page=1 and man do i wish i still had access to my WoW account just so i could reply /sigh. this was my favorite quote:
    it's as though this guys is like struggling with the fact that GW2 will not be trying to artificially give you a "sense of progression" at cap by having a gear treadmill. gotta give WoW props though......it really knows how to instill Stockholm Syndrome into it's playerbase.

    @Sapho, so you don't get the digital CEs with in-game items (pet's, mounts, gear) and perks (early access/beta access) either?
    well, its his legitime opinion and he is even right. there is no gear progression at the end of gw2 so if he wants new gear its not a game for him. thats no reason to blame this guy...well but since wow people are lacking the feeling of progression. for them progression is new gear, nothing more. they cant imagine to progress in a "story" or in "skill" cause they dont need it in wow, why should they need it in gw2?^^

    all things you get after lvl 80 in gw2 is cloths to dress up. some people have fun doing this, other people dont have fun doing this

  10. #8050
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycrus View Post
    well, its his legitime opinion and he is even right. there is no gear progression at the end of gw2 so if he wants new gear its not a game for him. thats no reason to blame this guy...

    all things you get after lvl 80 in gw2 is cloths to dress up. some people have fun doing this, other people dont have fun doing this
    Sure it's his opinion but he's kinda stating it as a fact and that the gear treadmill is the only real way for a MMO.

    Anyways lets keep any kind of game bashing out of this thread.

  11. #8051
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Sure it's his opinion but he's kinda stating it as a fact and that the gear treadmill is the only real way for a MMO.
    well if he thinks its the only thing to progress, let him think it. and i dont see where he is stating thats a fact for all people, he never said that in this quote...just cause he didnt wrote thats his opinion doesnt mean its not his opinion xD anyway im happier that these guys dont play gw2 then trying to argue with them

  12. #8052
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycrus View Post
    well, its his legitime opinion and he is even right. there is no gear progression at the end of gw2 so if he wants new gear its not a game for him. thats no reason to blame this guy
    ummmm...what?!!! where did i blame him? i just found it amusing that he was struggling with it, it is not like the gear treadmill is the only and best way to progress in an MMO.
    Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!!!

    Guild Wars 2: Odeezee (Necromancer) || TERA: Odeezee (Archer-Ret) || SWTOR: Odeezee (Sith Inquisitor-Ret/Jedi Sage-Ret) || GW: Odeezee Fosho (Elementalist-Ret)
    Aion: Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret), ODZ (Spirit Master-Ret) || War
    : Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret) || AoC: Odeezee (Demonologist-Ret) || WoW: Odeezee (Druid-Ret), Thaone (Mage-Ret)

  13. #8053
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    ummmm...what?!!! where did i blame him? i just found it amusing that he was struggling with it, it is not like the gear treadmill is the only and best way to progress in an MMO.
    sry, i meant it in a more generally way, not specific to you i shortly looked at the wow thread and found some blaming

    anyway, why cant s2 reveal every week something from gw2? this no information thing is kinda killing me..wanna have new infos T.T

  14. #8054
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycrus View Post
    sry, i meant it in a more generally way, not specific to you i shortly looked at the wow thread and found some blaming

    anyway, why cant s2 reveal every week something from gw2? this no information thing is kinda killing me..wanna have new infos T.T
    Asura week starts on monday

  15. #8055
    Brewmaster Newbryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Leaving
    Posts
    1,339
    Wow is the only rpg I know of that add damage modifier to armor pieces,was definately new to me.

  16. #8056
    im actually quiet sad for the fact that many of the "gear grinders" from wow say they dont like GW2 "no gear grind" system, I was hoping to slaughter many of them :P
    Im not saying its a fact, but, usually, I think its correct to assume pvp gear grinders are less skilled and more "afraid" then those who are not "gear grinders". But then again, that might also mean a bit more mature community, even tho, from what I red in comments GW1 community is very... well... bad? :P
    Waiting for SWTOR (Star wars: the old republic)

    www.swtor.com

    or... GW2... undecided

  17. #8057
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    i was bored so i went dumpster diving on other game forums to see how they are reacting to GW2 and i found this http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3243254?page=1 and man do i wish i still had access to my WoW account just so i could reply /sigh. this was my favorite quote:
    it's as though this guys is like struggling with the fact that GW2 will not be trying to artificially give you a "sense of progression" at cap by having a gear treadmill. gotta give WoW props though......it really knows how to instill Stockholm Syndrome into it's playerbase.

    @Sapho, so you don't get the digital CEs with in-game items (pet's, mounts, gear) and perks (early access/beta access) either?
    I actually had to quit reading cause the responses where truly getting on my nerves. Oh well, their loss.

  18. #8058
    Quote Originally Posted by xourico View Post
    im actually quiet sad for the fact that many of the "gear grinders" from wow say they dont like GW2 "no gear grind" system, I was hoping to slaughter many of them :P
    Im not saying its a fact, but, usually, I think its correct to assume pvp gear grinders are less skilled and more "afraid" then those who are not "gear grinders". But then again, that might also mean a bit more mature community, even tho, from what I red in comments GW1 community is very... well... bad? :P
    I think that if you feel like you have to have a gear advantage in PvP OR PvE, then it means that you either like being better than everybody else and you know it, or you unconsciously need it as a crutch because you'll have trouble succeeding without it. Sooo... you might be on to something there. (; At least in my opinion.

    I was actually surprised when I read that thread though. It seemed like only a small handful of the people actually flat-out disliked the game, although they posted a lot more than the people who do like it so it made it seem like there was more hate for it. It surprised me because most of the people I know who still play WoW (rather than those who have played and quit it) are diehard fans of the game, and anything that does anything different is bound to fail to them. I was surprised by the responses. People wanted something different. I'd say that's pretty good news.

  19. #8059
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalla View Post
    I actually had to quit reading cause the responses where truly getting on my nerves. Oh well, their loss.
    haha, i just find perusing other game forums a form of net adventuring because i am always surprised at how threatened people are with GW2 and how they try to rationalize that fear in their minds; alot of Strawman Arguments are flung around. i have no beef with people who genuinely don't like a mechanic/design philosophy like say no true tanks or healers available in GW2 because that's an experience they won't get if they look at it in the strictest traditional MMO sense, but then you get others saying stuff like GW2 will be nothing but F2P trash, then the real fun begins . but to be fair to the WoW forums, they are actually alot more cordial than say the SWTOR boards, because on the SWTOR boards if people get a whiff that you are not 100% SW/BW you will get zerged.

    i found this on ArenaNets flickr account and thought those who could not get the plushie can at least get to experience the adventures of Rytlock the plushie

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/arenanet/page2/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/arenanet
    Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!!!

    Guild Wars 2: Odeezee (Necromancer) || TERA: Odeezee (Archer-Ret) || SWTOR: Odeezee (Sith Inquisitor-Ret/Jedi Sage-Ret) || GW: Odeezee Fosho (Elementalist-Ret)
    Aion: Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret), ODZ (Spirit Master-Ret) || War
    : Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret) || AoC: Odeezee (Demonologist-Ret) || WoW: Odeezee (Druid-Ret), Thaone (Mage-Ret)

  20. #8060
    The Lightbringer jvbastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Flanders
    Posts
    3,567
    Quote Originally Posted by xourico View Post
    im actually quiet sad for the fact that many of the "gear grinders" from wow say they dont like GW2 "no gear grind" system, I was hoping to slaughter many of them :P
    Im not saying its a fact, but, usually, I think its correct to assume pvp gear grinders are less skilled and more "afraid" then those who are not "gear grinders". But then again, that might also mean a bit more mature community, even tho, from what I red in comments GW1 community is very... well... bad? :P
    I wouldn't call the community very bad, the pvp scene is a bit elitist, but I have happy memories of the gw1 community :-)
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •