Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tury123 View Post
    Kinda dissapointing, guess i'll have to wait till it comes out, i'm hoping for the endgame to be fun.
    So the FUN according to you, is within grinding for gear that's outdated in stats in about...4-5 months...? The FUN is in doing dungeons, events and exploring the world of GW2....not the WoW model of grindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrind and then some grinding on top of that....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Bleh, just saw a quote from a dev stating that the Demo at the Eurogamer Expo this coming week is going to be the same one as Gamescom and PAX.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...449#post921449

Ah well, it'll still be awesome, I was just hoping for some NEW awesome!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUU

Eh, it brings up more awesome gameplay videos of Thief (if there are no decent videos of the Thief by the end of this I will /wrists).

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    The dynamic events look awesome but im sceptical about the 5 man dungeon limit...we have been running 5 mans in WoW for 7 years and they get old real fast,They have their work cut out for them to make em feel epic.
    Personally, I don't feel this has anything to do with the number of people, but rather the mechanics of the dungeons themselves. The reason they're getting old is that for 7 years, dungeons have used similar or identical fight mechanics. GW2 is removing many of the typical requirements (Tank/Healer/DPS trio) and giving them dynamic event capabilities to keep them fresh.

I don't really expect 5-mans to be "epic". If I want "epic", I'll join a 50-man dynamic event.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    I've just watched these and just now noticed for the first time that when he leaves the city into another area he gets a loading screen, like fable style? If this is actually so and you can just walk out of the city into the world (home instance excluded) it just killed alot of my enthusiasm for the game.

I'm finding it confusing how they promote their philosphy on ''No flying mounts, explore blahblah'' but then let you teleport randomly without using any in-game portal to make it even half believable AND give you loading screens when you want to leave a city taking away the feeling that the world is indeed one big world. Now you just look to the city gates and see a portal instead of seeing a long road leading into >insert area here< like you would when going from orgr > barrens (sorry for using wow as example).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post
    I've just watched these and just now noticed for the first time that when he leaves the city into another area he gets a loading screen, like fable style? If this is actually so and you can just walk out of the city into the world (home instance excluded) it just killed alot of my enthusiasm for the game.

I'm finding it confusing how they promote their philosphy on ''No flying mounts, explore blahblah'' but then let you teleport randomly without using any in-game portal to make it even half believable AND give you loading screens when you want to leave a city taking away the feeling that the world is indeed one big world. Now you just look to the city gates and see a portal instead of seeing a long road leading into >insert area here< like you would when going from orgr > barrens (sorry for using wow as example).
    in GW2 there are loading screens between zones and the racial cities are large zones in and of themselves so there are loading screens when you enter and exit. the zones are pretty large so you can still get that feeling of a large open world that is persistent, it is just not seamless and while in the zone's they are large enough to give you the feeling of a vast world that you can explore. it should be noted that you cannot use the Way-point system (fast travel system) without first having visited the location of the way-point, then after that you can use is as often as you like, with the fee increasing with distance traveled to get to the way-point from your current location.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    in GW2 there are loading screens between zones and the racial cities are large zones in and of themselves so there are loading screens when you enter and exit. the zones are pretty large so you can still get that feeling of a large open world that is persistent, it is just not seamless and while in the zone's they are large enough to give you the feeling of a vast world that you can explore. it should be noted that you cannot use the Way-point system (fast travel system) without first having visited the location of the way-point, then after that you can use is as often as you like, with the fee increasing with distance traveled to get to the way-point from your current location.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    You need to unlock the waypoints before you can use them, so you can only teleport to somewhere you've been before.

I guess it's ok if you have to explore everything at least once, still I think it could have been better.. Letting players ride to places for themselves (except when an important dynamic event is going on) or a flight path system would make it feel alot more like a proper open persistent world, seeing the zones change as you go (a bit less drastic as wow does it). I can't help but think of fable when I see it. I leave a normal-non snowy city through a portal and all of a sudden I'm in the middle of snowy mountains? When essentially I've traveled 3 feet? Just feels instanced. Not once did I feel like I was in an open world when playing any of the fable games. It just makes me a little sad.

Edit: Also, does anyone know if you can turn off the dialogue cutscenes and just have the dialogue happen in-game as you stand there?
    Last edited by mmoc8fc641f927; 2011-09-17 at 09:02 PM.

I guess it's ok if you have to explore everything at least once, still I think it could have been better.. Letting players ride to places for themselves (except when an important dynamic event is going on) or a flight path system would make it feel alot more like a proper open persistent world, seeing the zones change as you go (a bit less drastic as wow does it). I can't help but think of fable when I see it. I leave a normal-non snowy city through a portal and all of a sudden I'm in the middle of snowy mountains? When essentially I've traveled 3 feet? Just feels instanced. Not once did I feel like I was in an open world when playing any of the fable games. It just makes me a little sad.

Edit: Also, does anyone know if you can turn off the dialogue cutscenes and just have the dialogue happen in-game as you stand there?
    The waypoints are essentially the replacement of flight points, with the improvement that you don't need to waste your time traveling to the action and instead can hop right in after the zoning finishes. Do you play the game to sit on a flight path (or flying mount) and waste up to 10 minutes of your life traveling? I know if I want to play the game, I want to actually get right in and play it, and that's what they're basing the waypoints on, after you discover them of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    The waypoints are essentially the replacement of flight points, with the improvement that you don't need to waste your time traveling to the action and instead can hop right in after the zoning finishes. Do you play the game to sit on a flight path (or flying mount) and waste up to 10 minutes of your life traveling? I know if I want to play the game, I want to actually get right in and play it, and that's what they're basing the waypoints on, after you discover them of course.
    To answer your question: it may be a bit tedious yes, but essentially I love sitting on that flight path seeing the world go by '''wasting'' my time as I travel, because traveling takes time. I want to feel like I'm in the world and forget I'm even sitting in a chair behind a computer.

To clarify what I mean:

So you're on your way to the Wayfarer foothills for a quest, running through a snowstorm etc. and just when you are about to enter the foothills you take 2 steps into a portal > loading screen. You sit there contemplating life and its meaning for a few seconds and all of a sudden you're in woods without any snow? This just kinda takes me out of that emersed feeling.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it is bad or it sucks, just that I was personally a little bit dissapointed seeing it.
    Last edited by mmoc8fc641f927; 2011-09-17 at 09:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    we have been running 5 mans in WoW for 7 years and they get old real fast
    And running ICC for 12 months didn't get old?

Also, fun fact: In the 12 months ICC was end game content you paid $180 in sub fees. Do you really think you got good value?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrabblet View Post

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUU

Eh, it brings up more awesome gameplay videos of Thief (if there are no decent videos of the Thief by the end of this I will /wrists).

when does GW2 test run come to London? if am lucky enough i might get cheap airlines to fly there

So don't use the quick travel methods? No one is forcing you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by psychedelica View Post
    when does GW2 test run come to London? if am lucky enough i might get cheap airlines to fly there
    22nd-25th of september

There are very few tickets left.

I cannot wait to give GW2 and Skyrim a go as well as all the other fantastic titles on show as well

Hmm i'm not sure what class i should pick first

most of the times when i was on my mount or an FP i was afk or tabbed out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    So don't use the quick travel methods? No one is forcing you.
    sry but these answeres are just fail, rly. you can actually say this to all things. dont use skills, noone is forcing you, dont walk, noone is forcing you etc. pp. . sry if this is a bit rude, but these answers are completely wrong in such places...

anyway i do agree with rawrgrabble, it disappoints me a lot actually. i rly dont like games where i cant get this feeling for a world, but i must see it for myself how it works out in gw2. and yes, this is maybe a no-go for me and coult lead to not playing gw2, i cant stand such design-things. hopefully it turns out to be a great system to handle the traveling, but i dont know it yet and nothing but myself testing the game can change this =)

Deleted

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickz View Post
    i lol'd xD

Quote Originally Posted by Alanni View Post
    Hmm i'm not sure what class i should pick first
    Thats easy. Necromancer is the correct answer.