Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post

In spirit it will be the same, the gameplay will be completely different - it all depends on what you didn't like if you will like GW2 or not.
    I'm not sure what I hated. It was just so.. Boring. The starting quests bored the shit out of me, and I just had no will to play anymore, it was really bad for me, and I'm not sure why because WoW leveling was okay

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    I thought it didnt give you all the skills just what skills you have already
    You get all of the skills. That is for the competitive (5v5) pvp. For the wvwvw stuff, then you are correct, you'll only have the skills you already know.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    You get all of the skills. That is for the competitive (5v5) pvp. For the wvwvw stuff, then you are correct, you'll only have the skills you already know.
    Alright thanks for clearing that up

Quote Originally Posted by Knileci View Post
    I'm not sure what I hated. It was just so.. Boring. The starting quests bored the shit out of me, and I just had no will to play anymore, it was really bad for me, and I'm not sure why because WoW leveling was okay
    Well, the closest thing to quests that exists in GW2 are the little odd jobs that Scouts can give you. They're meant to direct players toward event hotspots and it's viable to ignore them entirely. See Totalbiscuit's video, it's pretty insightful, though it's meant to be a first impression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    He told that he was aware that you couldn't make a PvP Character but still level up without playing any PvE content.
    About the part with the skills I'm not so sure though.
    From what I gathered so far you won't have all the skills as a standard max lvl character just by starting out doing pvp with the max lvl boost. All the skills will still need to be unlocked and earned via lvl up. So yes, you CAN pvp from the start but you won't be as effective until you get your skills.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post
    From what I gathered so far you won't have all the skills as a standard max lvl character just by starting out doing pvp with the max lvl boost. All the skills will still need to be unlocked and earned via lvl up. So yes, you CAN pvp from the start but you won't be as effective until you get your skills.
    I'm fairly certain this is incorrect. It's been stated in panels and interviews that you can jump straight into PvP as a level 1 character and be at no disadvantage to other players you face off against, as you are automatically bumped up to max level and gain all the relevant skills (as well as having your gear bumped, but then again all gear is standardized in PvP)

Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post
    It seems like this is the case for the WvWvW, but the structured PvP gives you all the skills, gear, and stats you need to match any other player.

Again, as it stands now, for structured PvP you can take a fresh, naked level 1 character and be the exact same as a geared 80 with 150 days of playtime (aside from him having awesome armor skins). For WvWvW, the geared 80 will have a significant advantage. In structured you will be able to use any skills/traits/stats/whatever that you want to make your build, even if you haven't unlocked them in PvE. The concept behind it is a level playing field in structured PvP and it being entirely skill based.
    Last edited by Aammadan; 2011-09-22 at 03:27 PM.

I still love the idea of WvWvW. It reminds me of the days of the oldschool AV where you could play for hours, go to bed, requeue in the morning to find the same battle still going on. Even more appropriately good old DAOC where the frontier battle never truly ended. If your team made an assault and nobody showed up to face you then captureing your objective was easier. On the other hand the other realm could rally and push you back. Some mornings you'd wake up to find the enemy launched a sneak attack in the night and you'd have to recover the teritory but it was all good because you could return the favor another night if you wished.

I do hope they have some way for each world to communicate easily with eachother in WvWvW though. Scouts will be vital for detecting enemy movements and countering them but useless if there is no way to get that info to your team. the players could always resort to makeing a WvWvW guild and trying to convince everybody out there to join the same one but that seems like a clunky solution and can easily leave some players out of the loop.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    quick question about "5 Companion Statues (Full Display)" does full display mean giving like your Heroes armor and what not or do they just need to be max level?
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    quick question about "5 Companion Statues (Full Display)" does full display mean giving like your Heroes armor and what not or do they just need to be max level?
    You need to upgrade your heroes armour to display them.

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    I do hope they have some way for each world to communicate easily with eachother in WvWvW though. Scouts will be vital for detecting enemy movements and countering them but useless if there is no way to get that info to your team. the players could always resort to makeing a WvWvW guild and trying to convince everybody out there to join the same one but that seems like a clunky solution and can easily leave some players out of the loop.
    The Guild forts would come in handy here for sure. I'd be too busy building siege engines though

Well, considering there's no known limit to how many guilds you can be in, you can join a guild strictly for WvWvW, in addition to your guild for massive DEs and what not.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Deleted
    I still love the idea of WvWvW. It reminds me of the days of the oldschool AV where you could play for hours, go to bed, requeue in the morning to find the same battle still going on. Even more appropriately good old DAOC where the frontier battle never truly ended. If your team made an assault and nobody showed up to face you then captureing your objective was easier. On the other hand the other realm could rally and push you back. Some mornings you'd wake up to find the enemy launched a sneak attack in the night and you'd have to recover the teritory but it was all good because you could return the favor another night if you wished.

i think there will be a WvWvW chat just reserved for something like this. with the current guildsystem you cant rly bring the info to all guilds, there will be a massive amount of them...so a global chat would be the best thing, if the players dont spam the chat...^^

I still love the idea of WvWvW. It reminds me of the days of the oldschool AV where you could play for hours, go to bed, requeue in the morning to find the same battle still going on.
    Amen. I loved those days. Can't wait to get back that type of pvp. Winning one of those matches felt so much better than the "zerg boss, hurry up and lose so we can requeue for more honor" tactics it's turned into these days.

Deleted
    so i might get the game but still not sure what to play, race wise etc. Is their a handy tool around with quiz questions or sort of for picking a race/class easily?

are they in beta yet? was hoping the game would release late this year but it might not be for another ~6 months at this point?
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralamus View Post
    are they in beta yet? was hoping the game would release late this year but it might not be for another ~6 months at this point?
    I'd always thought it was going to release at the end of November but guess not. Pisses me off when game companies act like deadlines don't exist/matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathrall View Post
    Amen. I loved those days. Can't wait to get back that type of pvp. Winning one of those matches felt so much better than the "zerg boss, hurry up and lose so we can requeue for more honor" tactics it's turned into these days.
    Yeah but it also got annoying sometimes. Take the good with the bad I guess. And when you join plays a role into how much fun you'll have, too. Hopefully they pull it off nicely. I just got my new computer set up, so now I'll just have to wait for them to announce it

Full display means you have at least 5 statue's entered into the HOM. That pedistal only has room for 5 statues to be displayed at a time hence why 5 is the benchmark where its full. you can add more hero's and there's extra points awarded but the pedistal will only show 5 at a time and rotate through them by default.

Mox can be added right from the start, other hero's need their armor upgraded before displaying. If you had the pieces to upgrade a hero's armore before they hit lvl 20 you could add that hero, its the armor not the level that counts. You can also add lvl 20 ranger pets for a statue. You get 1 statue for "Any pet" and 1 additional statue for the 3 rare pets listed (black moa, black widow, and phoenix) the rare pets can also count as your "Any pet" statue so if you went to UW and tamed the black widow and put it in the monument as your first pet you'd get both its statue and the any pet statue.

Once you compleat EOTN the NPC to upgrade EOTN hero armor is right there in the hub for the last mission. it takes cloth's of brotherhood but they are fairly cheap as they are not hard to farm jsut time consumeing.

Who is John Galt?