Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    This is one of the reasons I'm really interested in GW2, having to drag 10-20 other people along with me just to have a shot at endgame PvE is REALLY stupid. For the same reason WoW broke away from 40-mans and equalized 10man/25mans, I believe that 5-man dungeons should be more than enough of a challenge if properly tuned. Kick up the difficulty a few notches and reward those 5 players for their coordination and skill - my life would be complete! Just me and my friends cutting through endgame dungeons! No more having to dick around with raiding schedules and people's inability to make raids, with just 5 people things become a lot more interesting and flexible.
    TERA Online seems to provide what you want, all its endgame, currently is 5 men dungeons (normal/Heroic) and some PvP Bg's, and the game is currently schedule to be released next spring

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    TERA Online seems to provide what you want, all its endgame, currently is 5 men dungeons (normal/Heroic) and some PvP Bg's, and the game is currently schedule to be released next spring
    Yea I'm interested in tera too love the art and all plus I like asian style games,but its gonna require a massive pc upgrade unlike guild wars 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    TotalBiscuit tweeted:
    Metric ton of GW2 recorded, lots of PvP with thief and elementalist. High level guardian PvE

Oh yeah, and underwater combat and weapons
    I tweeted to him and he confirmed the Guardian video is an Asura (yay )

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmrider View Post
    I have two theories about this.

One is that despite all the streamlining, the designers still want to emphasize content with a large number of players cooperating in order to preserve some semblance of that "massively multiplayer" vibe. After all, a swarm of players working together to battle a big nasty Internet Dragon is pretty much the iconic image of an MMO.

The other, somewhat less charitable, theory is that Blizzard knows full well that raiding tends to keep large numbers of players subscribed for social reasons (e.g. not wanting to let your friends down) even when none of them are really having that much fun.

Anyway... I prefer GW2's model. The open world is an ever-changing adventure where you'll naturally be working together with others, maybe even starting out as strangers and ending up as friends. The instances are where you take just a few of your most trusted allies to get stuff done.
    I play a warlock in World of Warcraft and I'll be playing a necromancer in Guild Wars 2. Friends are the last thing I want! Haha, but seriously, I prefer small groups and they tend to work out better for me in both the short and long term. Forcing us to endure the incompetence of nine or twenty-four other players is torture, not fun. Sure, some people are insanely masochistic and enjoy that type of thing but not me. As I've always said and as I always will say; quality over quantity. I don't mind interacting with other players, especially large amounts of them, but I honestly don't want to pay a monthly fee to endure their overwhelming ignorance just so I can get some nifty gear. I guess that's what intrigues me so much about Guild Wars 2. I won't have to and all the "endgame" content will be completable with yourself and four others. The fact that they're also breaking out of the class roles schtick every MMO has is equally as exciting. They're basically turning this into a game where you're not pressured or pigeonholed into anything and that, to me, is what these games should represent. Not the tired format World of Warcraft and so many others (ab)use.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    TotalBiscuit tweeted:
    I tweeted to him and he confirmed the Guardian video is an Asura (yay )
    There was PvP at the expo? Cry! I looked everywhere and I only saw PvE demos!

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW Hunter WarriorPaladin Death Knight
    D3 Crusader
    Gw2 Lvl 80 Dragon Hunter, Lvl 80 Warrior, Lvl 80 Revenant
    Bnet GrapeSoda#1671
    Gw2 GrapeSoda.5980
    Hit me up, let's play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuj View Post
    TB seems to be really into this game, hope he makes it his main MMO focus like WoW was.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    TB seems to be really into this game, hope he makes it his main MMO focus like WoW was.
    Well, in one of his previous GW2 videos he said it will probably be his main MMO.

Edit: Found a link to where he said it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnVGE...ailpage#t=766s
    Last edited by Mothhive; 2011-09-23 at 02:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly from looking at it, I'm thinking the same thing. It looks SO good.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    which is quite an endorsement for GW2 since TB tends to piss and moan about any flaw he finds in any game that catches his eye. I find him somewhat entertaining but he'll rip any game a new one. I dont think I'v ever heard him this positive about a game.

On the other hand the two biggest complaints anybody can seem to come up with is no raids and no gear treadmill. OH the'll use different terms like no endgame and a lack of progression or lack of difficult content but it all comes down to them wanting the same formula that every other MMO since wow has followed.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    If all goes well, I will be playing GW2 tomorrow afternoon. Goosebumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    This is one of the reasons I'm really interested in GW2, having to drag 10-20 other people along with me just to have a shot at endgame PvE is REALLY stupid. For the same reason WoW broke away from 40-mans and equalized 10man/25mans, I believe that 5-man dungeons should be more than enough of a challenge if properly tuned. Kick up the difficulty a few notches and reward those 5 players for their coordination and skill - my life would be complete! Just me and my friends cutting through endgame dungeons! No more having to dick around with raiding schedules and people's inability to make raids, with just 5 people things become a lot more interesting and flexible.
    The issue would be designing content around limited roles. 40+ raids can assume you have everything available to fight with. When you bring it down to 5, you can't assume that at all, or risk people being alienated when a group is formed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    I play a warlock in World of Warcraft and I'll be playing a necromancer in Guild Wars 2. Friends are the last thing I want!
    You have no idea how important friends were for a Necro in GW1... so many corpses to exploit for you!

Which reminds me, I don't think they kept this feature in GW2, did they? Haven't checked out much about skills on the wiki yet, but I don't remember seeing/reading anything about skills needing corpses.

Quote Originally Posted by Chroniko View Post
    You have no idea how important friends were for a Necro in GW1... so many corpses to exploit for you!

Which reminds me, I don't think they kept this feature in GW2, did they? Haven't checked out much about skills on the wiki yet, but I don't remember seeing/reading anything about skills needing corpses.
    I dont think anything uses corpses

Been looking at some GW2 demo videos and the FoV looks awfully low, can it be cranked up a little? Though I don't want it to be set too far or else it destroys the sense of scale :/

Quote Originally Posted by Poppasan View Post
    Been looking at some GW2 demo videos and the FoV looks awfully low, can it be cranked up a little? Though I don't want it to be set too far or else it destroys the sense of scale :/
    The camera's FOV angle looks fine. It's just that some videos have people really zoomed in. I suspect they just haven't figured out how to zoom out.

Some videos show people zoomed out and it's comparable to WOW.

---------- Post added 2011-09-23 at 11:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I used to love TB but his eternal whining got on my nerves - that being said he's ok during beta content since he tends not to whine then, if he continues to make videos after the game is released it will probably just be another whine-fest.

Also i think someone must be wrong with his immune system because he seems to be sick a lot.
    I think he's just working really really hard. Constant travel is terrible for your immune system... and that's all he seems to be doing recently.

That said, I don't think he's whiny at all. He has objections, and he isn't afraid to say so. He lays it out very logically and rationally, and puts out an intelligent argument as to why he disagrees with something.

I can't imagine anyone objecting to something, and being any LESS whiny than TB. His is the least whiny form of disagreement I've ever seen on the interwebz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppasan View Post
    Get more screens imo

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    The issue would be designing content around limited roles. 40+ raids can assume you have everything available to fight with. When you bring it down to 5, you can't assume that at all, or risk people being alienated when a group is formed.
    This is why Anet is doing away with locking players into a single role per fight. a traditonal MMO each fight requires X tanks Y healers and Z dps, fight design requires those ratios to be maintained. If the players ignore those ratios normaly they just fail badly but sometimes due to a quirk of mechanics an encounter can be trivialized.
    with GW2 every member needs to be involved in doing damage, controlling the enemy, and suporting their allies all the while avoiding damage. They dont have to asume you have specific classes to fill specific roles because each class has some option for doing it all. While bringing a diverse group would be better you could take 5 elementalists and if played well expect to win. A group of 5 mages trying to tackle a dungeon in wow would be... kinda bad if faceing anything they couldnt kill before it reaches them.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Well whiny was the wrong word, ranting is more appropriate and I don't actually mind ranting, but he repeatedly rants over the same things - I do not mind that he does it once, but he keeps complaining about the same thing over and over again.
    He's definitely a ranter, no doubt about that.

But it gives him credibility. He's not pretending to like or hate stuff for $$$. His ranting shows he's not bought out or a sell out. He takes his opinions seriously, and that proves to me that he's for real.

ETA: His passion for gaming is real. So when I'm making a decision on whether to buy a game or not, I always know I can rely on his word.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Get more screens imo

oh your shiting me true multi monitor support? I'v been wanting to do that for years with wow. I think the only games I've seen that play nice with multipule monitors are a few RTS games.

Who is John Galt?