Deleted

Finally decided to buy that BMP.

Now back to filling up hall of monuments.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2011-09-26 at 08:35 PM.

I've spent more $$$ on LoL this year than I have in sub fees/expansion fees in WoW in the past 2-3 years.

F2P/B2P makes just as much money as P2P and developers are starting to catch on to that. It also works out great for those who don't have much $$$ to spend to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post

I really can't wait for GW2, I sit on youtube every bloody day to see if new videos are around..
    Yay I'm not the only one

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    So? I pointed out Rift's system because I didn't play Everquest. I didn't really care for the "collections" aspect of it honestly, what I meant was that I liked that they were randomly found around the world. IMO, a MUCH better way to do things than WoW's suck-tacular "archeology" which just had you farming the same dirt holes for the same crap greys over and over.
    Oddly enough I always saw the collections in a similar light to Archeology, just zone based vs sending you all over the bloody map. In every game I've played that used the collection system like rift I found that it was nearly impossible to finish more than a couple collections per zone without activly grinding or just sticking around long after I was done with the area. I'd finish every quest, explore every nook and crany, every mob would con grey and yet I have 2 compleated collections, 20 half done, and alot of grey junk in my bags from all the repeat items I found. Sometimes the devs would tie lore into the items you collected but more often than not the collections would consist of monster body parts or red fruit bat guano samples. Even worse in the next zone over you'd have a collection for blue fruit bat guano samples just because the devs were too lazy to come up with something interesting.

I wouldn't mind something collectionish where your finding scraps of clues in a cave and if you track them all down you can piece together a bit of lore about that cave. However when you collect "John 'Lefty' Smith's right hand" in a cave and find the same right hand in the middle of a road later on it feels like the whole system is an afterthought. Just random flotsam scattered around the world to keep those completionsts busy for a while. If on the other hand you find more clues that tell the story of why lefty's hand was in that cave while exploreing the cave and maybe a reward at the end? Thats how those systems should be designed if they are done at all. It should draw you in and make you want to explore to find out why that item is there. There's no reason to explore to find that clue when you know this item is just something random you can find in the entire zone, it just does not lead you anywhere.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    *Tin-Foil Hat on*

Does anyone think the pushback of Diablo 3 will compete with the GW2 release? Or am i connecting two, un-related, dots?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triage View Post
    Does anyone think the pushback of Diablo 3 will compete with the GW2 release? Or am i connecting two, un-related, dots?
    May be related to swtor but who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Tin-Foil Hat on*

Unlikely, as we still don't know the GW2 release date. Blizzard can try and compete all they want, but honestly I think the games are going to be different enough not compete for anything other than money on hand.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Tin-Foil Hat on*

Doubt it blizz is pushing for a early 2012 release while guild wars 2 is still completely unconfirmed,if anything maybe to steal more ideas from guild wars 2.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    Doubt it blizz is pushing for a early 2012 release while guild wars 2 is still completely unconfirmed,if anything maybe to steal more ideas from guild wars 2.
    Excuse me sir, you appear to have dropped your tinfoil hat :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Excuse me sir, you appear to have dropped your tinfoil hat :P
    Actually, he didn't. It's very common for one developer to take successful ideas from another developers game. WoW has done it numerous times over the years (the BG que system was implemented shortly after it appeared in Warhammer Online for example). It's not necessarily a bad thing (depends on how you look at it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Actually, he didn't. It's very common for one developer to take successful ideas from another developers game. WoW has done it numerous times over the years (the BG que system was implemented shortly after it appeared in Warhammer Online for example). It's not necessarily a bad thing (depends on how you look at it).
    Fanbase tends to make it seem bad however. People who do not like WoW tend to point out that it takes things from other games and deems it as stealing. Same goes for people who like WoW, they say the same of other games. Just using WoW as an example, it's not the only case

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Did you read what he said?

Diablo III, a singleplayer dungeon-trawler (based on the original from 1996) "stealing" ideas from GW2, an MMO from 2011/2012.

That's some top-level tinfoil hat material right there.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Did you read what he said?

Diablo III, a singleplayer dungeon-trawler (based on the original from 1996) "stealing" ideas from GW2, an MMO from 2011/2012.

That's some top-level tinfoil hat material right there.
    One of the original 3 founders of ArenaNet (and guild wars) worked on Diablo 2 and said that Guild Wars is what he would have preferred Diablo 2 to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

doing war in kryta.. and riverside assassination is kicking my ass.

we should be able to use 8 people not 6.. an extra healer for busting through the front (because im too lazy for the keys) would help BIG time
    Last edited by Jimusmc; 2011-09-26 at 09:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post

we should be able to use 8 people not 6.. an extra healer for busting through the front (because im too lazy for the keys) would help BIG time
    Should be able to run there from ToA...

Deleted

This may sound silly but is your armor infused? It's a must have against any mursaat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Nope you can only start it from Lions Arch.
    That's so un-hetero...

A triple wammy of discord necros often works wonders for takeing plenty of damage and heals when your forced into undersized groups. Stack death magic and ritualist restoration and you've got a trio of healers that can heal when needed and deliver masive armor ignoreing spike damage. Can even give them one minion skill apeace to make a nice meat shield army. For that mission in particular ya its a pain but just take it slow and steady. I found most of the time it was best to flag my hero's just out of range and pull packs back to them. there's alot of places you can get more than one group if your not careful.

Who is John Galt?

3x Discord is amazing. All of mines have Animate Bone Minion for a pretty large army of meat shields and 2 Discords spamming Death Nova on them when they die. Plus a SoS rit and a another rit with a full offensive spirit bar. Talk about force multiplier.. It's a wall of shit that enemy mobs have to wade through.

Quote Originally Posted by aej View Post
    3x Discord is amazing. All of mines have Animate Bone Minion for a pretty large army of meat shields and 2 Discords spamming Death Nova on them when they die. Plus a SoS rit and a another rit with a full offensive spirit bar. Talk about force multiplier.. It's a wall of shit that enemy mobs have to wade through.
    I tend to go with 1 bone minon and 2 with shambling horror. The first provides enough cannon fodder and the other two are farely durable as they pop back up when they die for round two. normaly only the one with minions takes DN though, I'll sometimes make him be my prot spec and leave the other two on heals and I want to keep casts that are not discord or a heal to a minimum on them. nothing is worse than dieing because your healers were spaming deathnova on you instead of trying to keep you from dieing.

Who is John Galt?