GW2 and BF3 were the only good games there in my opinion. So even though it's nice to see them getting it, none of the other games were close.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I really hope they decide to add mounts to the game. Not flying mounts, even though I do love them. I think too many people will use them to simply by pass everything, instead of exploring all the awesome nooks and crannies that are available. That said I think mounts would be a really good/nice thing to have. Way points are nice and all, but I like to explore and having a mount just makes it less tedious than running.
    I think having mounts would have the opposite effect for exploration. Besides, in order to use a waypoint you have to find it first. It encourages you to explore in that respect.

If they do add mounts, I really hope it's done well and not a mount in a pocket like wow, rift, etc have. At least have them like how AoC does with them or even Assassins Creed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    I remember the countless hours trying to find someone to run to droks for free.

btw. does anyone have that bonus mission pack? I've been thinking of buying that. Love those BMP weapon skins (tengu staff <3).
    I have the mission pack. The missions were fun enough once but they are not something your going to want to repeate over and over. Now I just use it to outfit new hero's with weapons. Gwen's story can be done in 10 minutes and you can get a weapon of any stat you want, slap some mods on it and your hero is good to go.

Who is John Galt?

This game reminds me alot like how vanilla was when it was coming out, Witch is a great thing. The positive reviews and the good hype, not over hyped just good.

I assume you mean vanilla WoW ?

Personally it reminds me of GW pre-launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I think having mounts would have the opposite effect for exploration. Besides, in order to use a waypoint you have to find it first. It encourages you to explore in that respect.
    I think the best way to encourage exploring is to give players something worth finding. Either unique scenery, lore objects, quests, special items hidden around the world.

Personally, the way artifacts were done in Rift was a huge reason I explored any given area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

Pfffttt....

I should bloody SUE.. Yes, SUE ArenaNet..

I really can't wait for GW2, I sit on youtube every bloody day to see if new videos are around.. The gameplay so far looks amazing and I think combined with dodging the gameplay in this game is nothing like I have seen before. This shit just looks so good that I can't decide what class to play.. I think I'll end up playing and switching every class and to add something to that I dont even know what race to play either..

I think Ill get a flu or 10 once this game releases...
    Case: Corsair Carbide 500R - PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 - CPU: i5-2500k @ 4.3 GHz - CPU Cooler: Zulaman CNPS10X Performa with 2 coolers -Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H - Memory: 2x Corsair 4 GB DDR3 - GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 280X - Monitor 1: Asus VE247H- Monitor 2: Acer X243W
    PlayStation 4 Username: Blattardos - games: Tomb Raider Definitive Edition - BF4 - Infamous Second Son - The Last Of Us Remastered

Mounts discussion is so page 20, new subject please.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I think the best way to encourage exploring is to give players something worth finding. Either unique scenery, lore objects, quests, special items hidden around the world.

Personally, the way artifacts were done in Rift was a huge reason I explored any given area.
    Artifacts in Rift were pretty much the same as "collections" in EQ2.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Fo rizzle.

They need to release information on Ranger pets.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

True that. Let's talk about Mesmers.

Things I am looking forward to learning about in the near future:

Ranger pets.
    WvWvW PvP.
    The Sylvari and Asura starting zones.
    Dungeons.
    The 8th Profession.

True that. Let's talk about Mesmers.
    You want to talk about how they will not be the last class?

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Heh. That horse is not dead yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    I wish to discuss how Arena.net has us dancing like puppets trying to figure that out.
    Cause it could be, because the art and hints suggest it will be a mesmer, but at the same time it's too obvious, isn't or? Or maybe it's so obvious they expect people will expect it isn't, and actually will be. Or they KNOW we know it's so overly obvious that it's too obvious and obviously the choice is to go with the least obvious choice instead while making us think the most obvious choice is too obviously obvious, obviously.
    If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight!
    Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little more about fighting then you do, pal! Because he invented it, and perfected it so no living man could best him in the ring of honor.

-The Soldier

My greatest regret in life is not going to PAX East to play the demo. I went to buy my ticket one afternoon. Turns out they had sold out THAT VERY MORNING.

I really wish they released info more often.

Heh. That horse is not dead yet.
    Sure it is. Our necromancers are just exceptionally talented. That horse is in fact quite UNDead with a good paint-job to look alive. notice the attention to detail on the coloration.

Back on the subject of things to find and reasons to explore. I dont think an artifact system like rift or EQ2's colections is the way to go. Those systems are little more than RNG stamp collecting. its just the same nodes poping up in the same spot and the item you get out of that spot is random. oh each area of the map had a pool of potential items but you could just camp one node, collecting it as it respawns till you randomly got all of the ones for that area. Thats not encouraging exploration thats encouraging grinding.

One thing I have seen mentioned in a few interviews though is that exploration by players can kick off DE chains. When they talked about how DE chains started they indicated that some are time based resets, some just push back and forth and dont ever end, some are started by branches in other chains, and others can be initiated because a player went off and upset something while exploring. Imagine diving under a lake and you find a cave. Inside this cave you find a glowing gem on a pedestal. IF you go and touch it a hoard of zombies rises out of the depths and starts invading the zone kicking off a large chain. If no player disturbs that gem that event never starts. Seting off an epic event and geting to play through it feels like a much better reward for exploration than "Yay I've completed the bat guano collection, this npc gave me 20 gold for it"

Who is John Galt?

Artifacts in Rift were pretty much the same as "collections" in EQ2.
    So? I pointed out Rift's system because I didn't play Everquest. I didn't really care for the "collections" aspect of it honestly, what I meant was that I liked that they were randomly found around the world. IMO, a MUCH better way to do things than WoW's suck-tacular "archeology" which just had you farming the same dirt holes for the same crap greys over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Back on the subject of things to find and reasons to explore. I dont think an artifact system like rift or EQ2's colections is the way to go. Those systems are little more than RNG stamp collecting.
    I honestly didn't have an issue with it. It was an enjoyable throughout the leveling process and added some excitement to what I might find next. I didn't bother to farm the same zones over and over, it simply gave me something fun to find other than just running around in circles in a new area until I got "you've discovered NEW ZONE!" messsages.

its just the same nodes poping up in the same spot and the item you get out of that spot is random. oh each area of the map had a pool of potential items but you could just camp one node, collecting it as it respawns till you randomly got all of the ones for that area. Thats not encouraging exploration thats encouraging grinding.
    I'm not talking about grinding. I'm not talking about camping respawns. I'm talking about having something fun and flavorful to discover in a new section of a zone other than a message saying "You found ZONE AREA THREE! +150 xp!"

One thing I have seen mentioned in a few interviews though is that exploration by players can kick off DE chains. When they talked about how DE chains started they indicated that some are time based resets, some just push back and forth and dont ever end, some are started by branches in other chains, and others can be initiated because a player went off and upset something while exploring. Imagine diving under a lake and you find a cave. Inside this cave you find a glowing gem on a pedestal. IF you go and touch it a hoard of zombies rises out of the depths and starts invading the zone kicking off a large chain. If no player disturbs that gem that event never starts. Seting off an epic event and geting to play through it feels like a much better reward for exploration than "Yay I've completed the bat guano collection, this npc gave me 20 gold for it"
    I'm not in any way saying such stuff isn't cool and I wouldn't love that too. But there's fun in simple discoveries as much as there's fun in great huge quests as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

Hmm, maybe I am just a weirdo. But I have always felt that having a mount encouraged me to explore. I was really excited when they said you'd be able to fly in Azeroth. My thought was "Yes! I get to explore all those little spots I've seen over the years from the back of a taxi." Usually when I am flying up and down the continents, doing archeology, I will end up getting sidetracked because I saw something cool. Like the little plain that's up between Mulgore and erm Stonetalon/Barrens. o_o Prairie dogs with tiny little hats and knives.

I guess my natural curiosity helps feed into my desire to explore. However, I have never really wanted to explore GW to the fullest, mostly because I always found running around in some zones to be kind of tedious. That said I think that there are going to be a lot of waypoints, I may not noticed. Just have to wait and see. ~.~