1. #10061
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcisse View Post
    I have a petit question! I was wondering about the concept of naming. I saw from all the Demo videos, that you can use just one word for your character, example: John. However, in Guild Wars the system was a first and last name, example: John Smith. How is the naming system going to work? I really hope for a first and last name!!!
    Current alpha build naming rules:
    • Does not exceed the maximum character limit (maximum 19 characters).
    • Must use a minimum of 3 characters (a space counts as one).
    • Must use only Latin letters [a-Z] (digits are not allowed).

    Meaning that John and John Smith are valid choices. Names will need to be unique globally though.
    Last edited by Plagous; 2011-09-29 at 08:26 PM.

  2. #10062
    You guys are the best! Love you all! <3

  3. #10063
    Hey guys! I have a couple of questions. Does anyone know if there will be dueling and will you have the option to choose from your characters voice? That would be cool with the character story and since your character speaks in combat.

  4. #10064
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    Hey guys! I have a couple of questions. Does anyone know if there will be dueling and will you have the option to choose from your characters voice? That would be cool with the character story and since your character speaks in combat.
    I doubt we'll get the option of different voices; depending on choices made during generation, your character's voice may take on certain characteristics or qualities that make it seem different from others of your race, but I only see those choices influencing the things your character will say in combat. I'm basing these assuptions on A-Net's shoddy character-voicing from GW1 where, for Prophecies and Factions, my Warrior was a badass voiced by Steve Blum, and then my voice actor changed for Nightfall and Eye of the North; was most disappointed with that.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!

  5. #10065
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    Hey guys! I have a couple of questions. Does anyone know if there will be dueling and will you have the option to choose from your characters voice? That would be cool with the character story and since your character speaks in combat.
    No on both, as far as I know. There's a slight chance they may implement dueling later on but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

  6. #10066
    Herald of the Titans Kaelwryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    2,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    I doubt we'll get the option of different voices; depending on choices made during generation, your character's voice may take on certain characteristics or qualities that make it seem different from others of your race, but I only see those choices influencing the things your character will say in combat. I'm basing these assuptions on A-Net's shoddy character-voicing from GW1 where, for Prophecies and Factions, my Warrior was a badass voiced by Steve Blum, and then my voice actor changed for Nightfall and Eye of the North; was most disappointed with that.
    I didn't think the voice acting was that bad in GW1. But then again the only one I've heard recently is my derivsh.

  7. #10067
    Danika was... ugh. I suggest you skip all of Factions cutscenes when playing Kurzick missions.

    Anyways, I do love the dev insight they gave out on their pvp builds they used for conventions. It did seem like the way we used to analyze our gvg builds back then with discussion and tests and the countless hours on teambuilder app.

  8. #10068
    http://tap-repeatedly.com/2011/09/29...-guild-wars-2/

    Nice review of first impressions from Tap-Repeatedly.

  9. #10069
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I didn't think the voice acting was that bad in GW1. But then again the only one I've heard recently is my derivsh.
    Well, Factions is the main culprit for bad voice acting.

  10. #10070
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    After witnessing how terribly laggy Guild Wars ran for me,
    What? That computer must be 10+ years old then because GW isn't demanding at all.

    As for your actual question you should probably ask in the computer forum, I have no idea.

  11. #10071
    Herald of the Titans Kaelwryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    2,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well, Factions is the main culprit for bad voice acting.
    Haha, I can't disagree with that. Especially Master Togo, I think that's his name.

  12. #10072
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,939
    I can't recall any of the cut-scene voice-overs I haven't seen them in years.

  13. #10073
    Scarab Lord Blznsmri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well, Factions is the main culprit for bad voice acting.
    Well it was asian themed...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

  14. #10074
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,939
    However the Factions trailer is one of my favorite game-trailers of all times.


  15. #10075
    Scarab Lord Blznsmri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    However the Factions trailer is one of my favorite game-trailers of all times.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87kahzFP_E4
    It was fucking beast.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

  16. #10076
    The Patient MalazanFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    212
    Quick question. So we have the weapon swap button to switch between our two equipped weapon sets, but are there any restrictions to switching out your equipped weapon sets other than the small amount of time it takes to do it? Like can you switch the sets out during combat?

  17. #10077
    Quote Originally Posted by MalazanFan View Post
    Quick question. So we have the weapon swap button to switch between our two equipped weapon sets, but are there any restrictions to switching out your equipped weapon sets other than the small amount of time it takes to do it? Like can you switch the sets out during combat?
    pg. 481, post #9610
    Quote Originally Posted by Plagous View Post
    You cannot physically change your weapons (drag an item from your inventory and equip it) while in combat. You can, however, swap between your two currently set weapon sets while in combat.

  18. #10078
    Quote Originally Posted by MalazanFan View Post
    Quick question. So we have the weapon swap button to switch between our two equipped weapon sets, but are there any restrictions to switching out your equipped weapon sets other than the small amount of time it takes to do it? Like can you switch the sets out during combat?
    In combat, I believe you can only swap between the 2 weapon sets you have equipped with a cooldown of somewhere around 8-10 seconds.

  19. #10079
    The Patient MalazanFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    212
    Well my memory must suck because I definitely read p481. Thanks for the answers!

  20. #10080
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    What? That computer must be 10+ years old then because GW isn't demanding at all.
    It's nearly seven years old but that's close enough.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •