Quote Originally Posted by Narcisse View Post
    I have a petit question! I was wondering about the concept of naming. I saw from all the Demo videos, that you can use just one word for your character, example: John. However, in Guild Wars the system was a first and last name, example: John Smith. How is the naming system going to work? I really hope for a first and last name!!!
    Current alpha build naming rules:
    • Does not exceed the maximum character limit (maximum 19 characters).
    • Must use a minimum of 3 characters (a space counts as one).
    • Must use only Latin letters [a-Z] (digits are not allowed).

Meaning that John and John Smith are valid choices. Names will need to be unique globally though.
    Last edited by Plagous; 2011-09-29 at 08:26 PM.

You guys are the best! Love you all! <3

Hey guys! I have a couple of questions. Does anyone know if there will be dueling and will you have the option to choose from your characters voice? That would be cool with the character story and since your character speaks in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    Hey guys! I have a couple of questions. Does anyone know if there will be dueling and will you have the option to choose from your characters voice? That would be cool with the character story and since your character speaks in combat.
    I doubt we'll get the option of different voices; depending on choices made during generation, your character's voice may take on certain characteristics or qualities that make it seem different from others of your race, but I only see those choices influencing the things your character will say in combat. I'm basing these assuptions on A-Net's shoddy character-voicing from GW1 where, for Prophecies and Factions, my Warrior was a badass voiced by Steve Blum, and then my voice actor changed for Nightfall and Eye of the North; was most disappointed with that.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    No on both, as far as I know. There's a slight chance they may implement dueling later on but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    I doubt we'll get the option of different voices; depending on choices made during generation, your character's voice may take on certain characteristics or qualities that make it seem different from others of your race, but I only see those choices influencing the things your character will say in combat. I'm basing these assuptions on A-Net's shoddy character-voicing from GW1 where, for Prophecies and Factions, my Warrior was a badass voiced by Steve Blum, and then my voice actor changed for Nightfall and Eye of the North; was most disappointed with that.
    I didn't think the voice acting was that bad in GW1. But then again the only one I've heard recently is my derivsh.

Danika was... ugh. I suggest you skip all of Factions cutscenes when playing Kurzick missions.

Anyways, I do love the dev insight they gave out on their pvp builds they used for conventions. It did seem like the way we used to analyze our gvg builds back then with discussion and tests and the countless hours on teambuilder app.

http://tap-repeatedly.com/2011/09/29...-guild-wars-2/

Nice review of first impressions from Tap-Repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I didn't think the voice acting was that bad in GW1. But then again the only one I've heard recently is my derivsh.
    Well, Factions is the main culprit for bad voice acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    After witnessing how terribly laggy Guild Wars ran for me,
    What? That computer must be 10+ years old then because GW isn't demanding at all.

As for your actual question you should probably ask in the computer forum, I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Haha, I can't disagree with that. Especially Master Togo, I think that's his name.

I can't recall any of the cut-scene voice-overs I haven't seen them in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well it was asian themed...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

However the Factions trailer is one of my favorite game-trailers of all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    However the Factions trailer is one of my favorite game-trailers of all times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87kahzFP_E4
    It was fucking beast.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quick question. So we have the weapon swap button to switch between our two equipped weapon sets, but are there any restrictions to switching out your equipped weapon sets other than the small amount of time it takes to do it? Like can you switch the sets out during combat?

Quote Originally Posted by MalazanFan View Post
    Quick question. So we have the weapon swap button to switch between our two equipped weapon sets, but are there any restrictions to switching out your equipped weapon sets other than the small amount of time it takes to do it? Like can you switch the sets out during combat?
    pg. 481, post #9610
    Quote Originally Posted by Plagous View Post
    You cannot physically change your weapons (drag an item from your inventory and equip it) while in combat. You can, however, swap between your two currently set weapon sets while in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by MalazanFan View Post
    In combat, I believe you can only swap between the 2 weapon sets you have equipped with a cooldown of somewhere around 8-10 seconds.

Well my memory must suck because I definitely read p481. Thanks for the answers!

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    What? That computer must be 10+ years old then because GW isn't demanding at all.
    It's nearly seven years old but that's close enough.