Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Yea I've read that part, but there's no information if they are gone, still in Elona and their bonds with the Luxons. I'm just curious about these epic beings.
    I don't think there is any "bond" with the luxons, the reason the luxons are mentioned at the wiki is just to confirm that there used to be an ocean where the jade sea is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I don't think there is any "bond" with the luxons, the reason the luxons are mentioned at the wiki is just to confirm that there used to be an ocean where the jade sea is now.
    I knew that, no idea why I posted it.

Tomoko Eternal Life, Kilik Eternal Sun, Eira Frozen Hearted, Ashara Emberlight,
    Vuug The Deceiver, Grash Gravebuilder, Asgaut Divine Soul, Lera Dreamstealer

Quote Originally Posted by kaylestes View Post
    My plan is to quit 3 WoW accounts, (have 8 kids and we all have a blast playing mmos together)
    Oh lawd
    Wish I was born in your family -_-

Quote Originally Posted by kaylestes View Post
    To be honest, now that you mention it, I was planing to try to get The Legendary Defender of Ascalon title on my first char...
    LDA is a very time consuming title, between death leveling the pre-Searing Charr behind the Great Northern Wall; the new dailies don't help that much, either, I don't think, as they only offer about 1k XP each, plus whatever you get for killing the quest-related mobs.

That said, I have a perma-pre Warrior for that same title; hit me up if you'd like some help in pre-Searing, as I have tons of collectibles stashed for getting the armor upgrades...Dunno if I have enough for nine characters, though. o_O
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!

bah, i need help with Dzagonur Bastion (Hard Mode) any takers?
    Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!!!

Guild Wars 2: Odeezee (Necromancer) || TERA: Odeezee (Archer-Ret) || SWTOR: Odeezee (Sith Inquisitor-Ret/Jedi Sage-Ret) || GW: Odeezee Fosho (Elementalist-Ret)
    Aion: Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret), ODZ (Spirit Master-Ret) || War
    : Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret) || AoC: Odeezee (Demonologist-Ret) || WoW: Odeezee (Druid-Ret), Thaone (Mage-Ret)

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Oh lawd
    Wish I was born in your family -_-
    Well, we do have an extra bedroom in the attic with ac, cable tv and a cute little window with curtains looking over the neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    LDA is a very time consuming title, between death leveling the pre-Searing Charr behind the Great Northern Wall; the new dailies don't help that much, either, I don't think, as they only offer about 1k XP each, plus whatever you get for killing the quest-related mobs.

That said, I have a perma-pre Warrior for that same title; hit me up if you'd like some help in pre-Searing, as I have tons of collectibles stashed for getting the armor upgrades...Dunno if I have enough for nine characters, though. o_O
    I think I'm just starting to see the reality of what it's going to take to achieve the goals the kids and I have set.
    Thank you for your kind offer. That would be soo helpful. Is there mail in game to reach you?
    I think I'll only put myself and the 3 oldest though this though. Wouldn't want to burn the littler ones out...

wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Legendary_Defender_of_Ascalon gives a some good ideas.
    Saving quest xp is familiar from farming faction in Outland. Do dungeons in Hellfire until they stop giving rep then do quests for their rep to max both sources.
    I'm hoping at 10 I can start a daily quest, kill mobs, abandon quest, repeat to farm xp.

However it goes I'm sure it will be fun. I want them to really like GW so we decided to not do GW for 2 weeks, (almost up), after quitting WOW so it would have it's own feel, and not be mixed with WOW aftertaste. Spaghetti and apple pie are both good but not one right after the other. To enjoy the second bite fully you need to cleanse the pallet so to speak.

I started a Necro, Chara Bones, just to make sure the game works well and the settings are matched to each computer.
    Love necros, had an Iksar (Lizardman) necro back in EQ, most hated race with most hated class and had over 100 factions maxed when I left it for Wow 6 years ago.
    My Warlock in Wow was Chara and I had a blast but it just didn't have that fun evil necromancer type of feeling.
    Sill miss my EQ pet Bones...
    Last edited by kaylestes; 2011-10-13 at 08:31 PM.

LDOA is easy enough, time consuming and hard aren't synonyms. And the grind is very doable if you use the quest trick of abandoning "good" quests and retaking them.
    If you want a challenge go for leg surv and ldoa at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    If you want a challenge go for leg surv and ldoa at the same time
    I'm actually gonna try that with my monk soon as I get a new computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Didn't deserve it's own thread so posting here, but it seems that Total Biscuit has been chatting to Arenanet about being "there on the ground floor" and covering the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i01sz...ailpage#t=535s

Not very specific, but by the sounds of it he'll be a big help in promoting the game!
    Last edited by Mothhive; 2011-10-13 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Didn't deserve it's own thread so posting here, but it seems that Total Biscuit has been chatting to Arenanet about being "there on the ground floor" and covering the game.

Not very specific, but by the sounds of it he'll be a big help in promoting the game!
    That's very good news

Depends on peoples thoughts about TB if this is good news or not but I for one do like TB so I think its good and I can definitely see him in the Beta even if Arenanet give him a key themselves, it would be a lot of free publicity for them. Just as long he knows what a Charr is this time lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfuert View Post
    Depends on peoples thoughts about TB if this is good news or not but I for one do like TB so I think its good and I can definitely see him in the Beta even if Arenanet give him a key themselves, it would be a lot of free publicity for them. Just as long he knows what a Charr is this time lol
    All the people that hate on TB, but like a game he's covering still watch his videos. People hate on him for no reaason really, he's not bad at covering games, and he gets what the fans want. Most haters are just jelous because they wish they had his job to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    All the people that hate on TB, but like a game he's covering still watch his videos. People hate on him for no reaason really, he's not bad at covering games, and he gets what the fans want. Most haters are just jelous because they wish they had his job to be honest.
    I don't hate TB but he's bitching too much.

I so can't wait until I'll be playing my Sylvari Necromancer..

I just wish there were more HQ necromancer gameplay videos..

BTW.. Didnt TB say on almost every video he loved GW2 and that this will most likely be his main MMO?

As far as I remember he actually praised the game instead of bashing it..
    Case: Corsair Carbide 500R - PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 - CPU: i5-2500k @ 4.3 GHz - CPU Cooler: Zulaman CNPS10X Performa with 2 coolers -Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H - Memory: 2x Corsair 4 GB DDR3 - GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 280X - Monitor 1: Asus VE247H- Monitor 2: Acer X243W
    PlayStation 4 Username: Blattardos - games: Tomb Raider Definitive Edition - BF4 - Infamous Second Son - The Last Of Us Remastered

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    I so can't wait until I'll be playing my Sylvari Necromancer..

I just wish there were more HQ necromancer gameplay videos..

BTW.. Didnt TB say on almost every video he loved GW2 and that this will most likely be his main MMO?

Hell yea, Sylvari Necromancer... going to get one as well.. We lack Necro's on this forum! So c'mon! More Necro's!

Tomoko Eternal Life, Kilik Eternal Sun, Eira Frozen Hearted, Ashara Emberlight,
    Vuug The Deceiver, Grash Gravebuilder, Asgaut Divine Soul, Lera Dreamstealer

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    I have to say I was not a fan of him until his Guild Wars 2 videos. I'm not a fan now just becasue he likes Guild Wars 2, but because in watching those videos it gave me a chance to get past my preconceptions of him and actually see him for what he is, a passionate, opinionated gamer who is incredibly knowledgeable about the industry and makes highly entertaining videos incredibly frequently. He's like me, but articulate and talented! lol

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post

Yes he praised it NOW, we'll see how it turns out.

And for the record after quitting WoW he made a DDO video and said that it would be his main game from now on.... and as far as I know he haven't made a video about it since.

As for making GW2 his main game I can't really see it happening, in WoW he was a dedicated raider that didn't make alts, so he was basically just playing one char and raiding, doesn't sound like the type that would enjoy GW2.

Obviously he calls himself for the cynical brit for a reason, but sometimes (like with WoW) he just keeps whining about the same time again and again, that's not being cynical.
    Last edited by Maklor; 2011-10-14 at 02:03 PM.

TB is great for upcoming games (Cataclysm beta included). For current games he's playing, not so much.

I'm not a fan now just becasue he likes Guild Wars 2, but because in watching those videos it gave me a chance to get past my preconceptions of him and actually see him for what he is, a passionate, opinionated gamer who is incredibly knowledgeable about the industry and makes highly entertaining videos incredibly frequently.
    That's a pretty good point actually, kinda did it for me too.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2011-10-14 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    in WoW he was a dedicated raider
    He says that, but his armory says something else...
    Last edited by Mif; 2011-10-14 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    He says that, but his armory says something else...
    His excuse was that he already did them on the PTR which is fair enough to me.

Anyways enough OT, better stop before Trollsbane smites us all.