1. #1021
    WTB Shatterer mount!

  2. #1022
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,326
    Really don't want mounts at all, and frankly I'm not happy that people even suggest it.
    Last edited by Maklor; 2011-05-14 at 01:28 PM.

  3. #1023
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    WTB Shatterer mount!
    Please no

    I love my WoW mounts, have collected enough for the 100 mounts achieve, really really like some of them. But there are times when I feel it kinda diminishes the epicness? Not sure if this makes sense, so will try and do an example:

    So, let's say you get a Shatterer mount as a reward for, say, completing the whole DE chain he is in. Suddenly, this huuuuuuge awesome terrifying dragon . . . is being ridden around the world by players.

    Just once, I would like to face a boss with no rewards, a boss so tough you can barely beat him/her, a boss who, even when you are victorious, leaves you ripped to shreds, your armour broken, half your guild in a big pile of corpses. A boss so powerful he/she destroys most of the environment during the fight. I mean, look at Ragnaros. Awesome insanely powerful dude, doesn't even knock a few chunks out of the cave wall? This boss just landing should wipe out a forest or town, that stays destroyed even if you win.

    Because he/she drops nothing, there would be no coming back to farm. You would kill him/her once, for the achieve, the title, to complete an awesome storyline in your personal story . . . hell, just so you could say you'd done it. And, as DEs scale, it wouldn't matter that as time went on fewer and fewer people would be bothered about fighting him. Round up a friend or two, and go fight, for glory!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

  4. #1024
    He he, I don't actually want mounts in the game, was just posting the most ridiculous one I could think of! Suppose Zhaitan would've been more ridiculous, but I think more people here know who the Shatterer is.

  5. #1025
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,326
    I'm afraid GW2 will be overrun by people (mostly from WoW) that want WoW-features in it.

    Already noticed people are asking for Duels being in the game which I don't really want either.

  6. #1026
    The Lightbringer Dewote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,246
    I also do not want to see any mounts.

    I've grown tired of them.

    (yay 20 HoM points ;D)
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

  7. #1027
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,326
    ^ grats

    Also if anyone need to do something in-game in GW send me a pm and I'd be happy to help you out.

  8. #1028
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I'm afraid GW2 will be overrun by people (mostly from WoW) that want WoW-features in it.

    Already noticed people are asking for Duels being in the game which I don't really want either.
    The thing with duels is they don't particularly impact on you. Ok, the challenge spam can be annoying, but it's not a huge hassle. Whereas with mounts, if everyone else is using them, you do kinda have to - your friend isn't exactly going to be pleased to wait for you because you decided to run rather than ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

  9. #1029
    I doubt you'll have to worry about any integrity issues with GW2. When it seems most developers try to clone other features or recreate the wheel for their "new" MMO, GW is on a path of it's own. When I play GW, It's truly like I'm playing a game that has it's own character and creativity. It has it's own unique feel and.. well just it's own uniqueness in general. I doubt GW2 will be any different. I doubt the game will have mounts, atleast I hope it won't have mounts . Duels don't bother me, as you don't have to participate.


    Think I may have to fire up GW again... just need to find some things to do.

  10. #1030
    As we're talking about travelspeed, here a question for something from the other side of the spectrum:
    It's nothing gamebreaking for me, but I heard rumours that there won't be any "slow walking" in Guild Wars2, is that true?
    This question is more or less just important for RP I think.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

  11. #1031
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,326
    No walking is in the game, it has just been confirmed.

    (another thing I don't really want because it's mainly used by attention-whores).

  12. #1032
    The Lightbringer jvbastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Flanders
    Posts
    3,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    As we're talking about travelspeed, here a question for something from the other side of the spectrum:
    It's nothing gamebreaking for me, but I heard rumours that there won't be any "slow walking" in Guild Wars2, is that true?
    This question is more or less just important for RP I think.
    they decided they will put it in after all

  13. #1033
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    ^ grats

    Also if anyone need to do something in-game in GW send me a pm and I'd be happy to help you out.
    I need the entire Factions and Nightfall campains, does that count as helping me?

    Haven't even finsihed Prophicies yet come to think of it.


    Though on subject, I don't really want anything ported over from WoW like dueling or mounts. I like GW the way it was in that aspect. Walking doesn't bother me, I like the movement animations they've made for GW2, walking needs to be fixed though, I just hope it's not like WoW's terrible walking animations.

  14. #1034
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    I need tge entire Factions and Nightfall campains, does that count as helping me?

    Haven't even finsihed Prophicies yet come to think of it.
    That was mainly what I meant, send me a PM with your in game name of one of your chars and I'll get in touch with you in game.

    (don't post your name here since it's part of the security of the game).

  15. #1035
    Stood in the Fire Erathus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Maelstrom.
    Posts
    481
    They have announced that they will put more professions/race's in each expansion this is correct right ? Btw is it possible to provide me with a link in which i can be informed fully about the game with detail ?


  16. #1036
    Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post
    They have announced that they will put more professions/race's in each expansion this is correct right ? Btw is it possible to provide me with a link in which i can be informed fully about the game with detail ?
    They haven't said anything about new profs or races with expansions, personally I hope there isn't any. Once new profs are in the balancing issues become insane and with new races, you have to level again if you want to play it, or pay silly amounts.

    For GW2 info check:
    Guild Wars 2 site
    Guild Wars 2 wiki
    Guild Wars 2 guru
    Last edited by Pyre Fierceshot; 2011-05-14 at 02:39 PM.

  17. #1037
    Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post
    They have announced that they will put more professions/race's in each expansion this is correct right ? Btw is it possible to provide me with a link in which i can be informed fully about the game with detail ?
    They have confirmed that they want to add new races in upcoming expansions, but I'm not sure about professions.

  18. #1038
    Stood in the Fire Erathus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Maelstrom.
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    They have confirmed that they want to add new races in upcoming expansions, but I'm not sure about professions.
    Ah i see,to be honest its almost certain at least in my opinion that they will put new professions since as it seems they will follow the path of the old Guild wars expansion wise(Factions : Assasin/Ritualist,Nightfall:Paragon/Dervish),cuz if you think of it how they are going to support an expanson if it doesnt offer something new to play and to spend time with? they cant achieve that with only new content.


  19. #1039
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post
    Ah i see,to be honest its almost certain at least in my opinion that they will put new professions since as it seems they will follow the path of the old Guild wars expansion wise(Factions : Assasin/Ritualist,Nightfall:Paragon/Dervish),cuz if you think of it how they are going to support an expanson if it doesnt offer something new to play and to spend time with? they cant achieve that with only new content.
    Sure you can do that with just new content, new races and professions aren't strictly needed.

  20. #1040
    I don't like them adding new professions, look at GW1, it was just constant buffs/nerfs. Made balancing have insane issues.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •