1. #10741
    Quote Originally Posted by fishious View Post
    I hope we don't see frogs as a playable race right away. Played as Froglok in EQ1 and 2, and we already have the Charr as a hunched over non-human race with animal traits. Give me something that will stand up straight. I'm with Blzn, Kodan would be a pretty fun race to play with Tengu coming in a close second.
    zomg but Kodan are just a copy of Pandaren!!

    Kodan are cool and all, but they haven't been a source of envy as long as Tengu have. Speaking of which...

    ANET! Y U NO GIEF TENGU BLOG?
    Last edited by Aammadan; 2011-11-03 at 06:43 PM.

  2. #10742
    There won't be Tengu in the game yet. We'll have to wait for the Cantha expansion.

  3. #10743
    Scarab Lord Blznsmri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Aammadan View Post
    zomg but Kodan are just a copy of Pandaren!!
    The totally cool thing about this is, Kodan Lore as added to Guild Wars 2 and public before Mists of Panda'mon was.

    For me it's a toss up though. I love Talon Silverwing, but I was also a big fan of the His Dark Materials trilogy so war-like polar bears with armor is pretty beastly to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

  4. #10744
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    There won't be Tengu in the game yet. We'll have to wait for the Cantha expansion.
    But, but... Dominion of Winds!
    Last edited by Aammadan; 2011-11-03 at 06:53 PM. Reason: spelling fail

  5. #10745
    Quote Originally Posted by Aammadan View Post
    But, but... Domain of Winds!
    Ah, didn't see that. But in the notes there it says

    It will not be accessible in the initial release of Guild Wars 2.

  6. #10746
    Scarab Lord Blznsmri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Ah, didn't see that. But in the notes there it says
    If anything it will be a staging point for our forays into Cantha.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

  7. #10747
    Daniel Dociu’s Art Featured in Latest National Geographic

    http://www.arena.net/blog/daniel-doc...nal-geographic

    Pretty cool stuff.
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

  8. #10748
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    There won't be Tengu in the game yet. We'll have to wait for the Cantha expansion.
    There were several tribes of Tengu native to Kryta and the Shiverpeak Mountains prior to the existence of Factions, and they were also present in the southern areas of the Maguuma Jungle (i.e., Asuran lands) in EotN.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!

    The Light and How to Swing It

  9. #10749
    Scarab Lord Blznsmri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    There were several tribes of Tengu native to Kryta and the Shiverpeak Mountains prior to the existence of Factions, and they were also present in the southern areas of the Maguuma Jungle (i.e., Asuran lands) in EotN.
    He means as a playable race I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

  10. #10750
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatian View Post
    Daniel Dociu’s Art Featured in Latest National Geographic

    http://www.arena.net/blog/daniel-doc...nal-geographic

    Pretty cool stuff.
    Now that's awesome.

  11. #10751
    Heads up, new blog is out:

    http://www.arena.net/blog/guild-wars...-by-jon-peters

    "For example, polar bears have an icy roar that freezes enemies, while brown bears have a roar that removes conditions." Now that's cool.

    EDIT: I love how the simple concept of 'setup and finisher' has such huge possibilities. This will definitely make for insanely dynamic gameplay. The real question is whether or not they can balance it all out if they wish to pursue GW2 as an active esport.
    Last edited by Ronyx; 2011-11-04 at 01:43 PM.

  12. #10752
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronyx View Post
    Heads up, new blog is out:

    http://www.arena.net/blog/guild-wars...-by-jon-peters

    "For example, polar bears have an icy roar that freezes enemies, while brown bears have a roar that removes conditions." Now that's cool.

    EDIT: I love how the simple concept of 'setup and finisher' has such huge possibilities. This will definitely make for insanely dynamic gameplay. The real question is whether or not they can balance it all out if they wish to pursue GW2 as an active esport.
    Called the cross profession stuff

    Very cool post!
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

  13. #10753
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronyx View Post
    EDIT: I love how the simple concept of 'setup and finisher' has such huge possibilities. This will definitely make for insanely dynamic gameplay. The real question is whether or not they can balance it all out if they wish to pursue GW2 as an active esport.
    wonder why people keep questioning their ability to balance the game while they did a pretty good job with GW1 (not perfect, but still way better than most games). if their numbers are off and something needs to be tweaked, there's no doubt they'll adjust it as soon as they can instead of letting it run and ruin the game balance for months like some others do (like some company which name starts with a "b" and ends with "lizzard" for instance)

  14. #10754
    Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    wonder why people keep questioning their ability to balance the game while they did a pretty good job with GW1 (not perfect, but still way better than most games). if their numbers are off and something needs to be tweaked, there's no doubt they'll adjust it as soon as they can instead of letting it run and ruin the game balance for months like some others do (like some company which name starts with a "b" and ends with "lizzard" for instance)
    Not to mention Guild Wars 1 was an exceptionally difficult game to balance due to the dual class system. Without that additional burden to work around I have no doubt GW2 will have exceptionally fun and "powerful" classes across the board.

  15. #10755
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronyx View Post
    Heads up, new blog is out:

    http://www.arena.net/blog/guild-wars...-by-jon-peters

    "For example, polar bears have an icy roar that freezes enemies, while brown bears have a roar that removes conditions." Now that's cool.

    EDIT: I love how the simple concept of 'setup and finisher' has such huge possibilities. This will definitely make for insanely dynamic gameplay. The real question is whether or not they can balance it all out if they wish to pursue GW2 as an active esport.
    A lot of good and interesting information, it really was a good read. I like the info about the engineer skills, and my razer naga is going to be getting a good amount of use with how many keys an engineer has access to at one given time.

  16. #10756
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    616
    Engineers have access to the same amount as Rangers and Elementalits as it looks now.

  17. #10757
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronyx View Post
    Heads up, new blog is out:

    http://www.arena.net/blog/guild-wars...-by-jon-peters

    "For example, polar bears have an icy roar that freezes enemies, while brown bears have a roar that removes conditions." Now that's cool.

    EDIT: I love how the simple concept of 'setup and finisher' has such huge possibilities. This will definitely make for insanely dynamic gameplay. The real question is whether or not they can balance it all out if they wish to pursue GW2 as an active esport.

    All the stuff in the blog post was very good.

    I'm even more interested in Ranger now, probably going to be my main. I love how the pets allow you to basically bring a fourth utility skill.

  18. #10758
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    All the stuff in the blog post was very good.

    I'm even more interested in Ranger now, probably going to be my main. I love how the pets allow you to basically bring a fourth utility skill.
    yeah, the blog post was short but really packed. now to wait and see if we get any more updates next week.

    Off-Topic: given your avatar i just assumed you were always going to roll a Ranger. O.o
    Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!!!

    Guild Wars 2: Odeezee (Necromancer) || TERA: Odeezee (Archer-Ret) || SWTOR: Odeezee (Sith Inquisitor-Ret/Jedi Sage-Ret) || GW: Odeezee Fosho (Elementalist-Ret)
    Aion: Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret), ODZ (Spirit Master-Ret) || War
    : Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret) || AoC: Odeezee (Demonologist-Ret) || WoW: Odeezee (Druid-Ret), Thaone (Mage-Ret)

  19. #10759
    Gamebreaker TV launches their Guild Wars 2 show December 15th.
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

  20. #10760
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatian View Post
    Gamebreaker TV launches their Guild Wars 2 show December 15th.
    Funny how they've gone from slagging it off, to making a show about it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •