Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    Not true at all. I've seen normal DE bosses one shot people, look here for an example:

Watch from 1:50 if you want to cut to it specifically. Also, you can continue watching after he dies, he goes into an area where centaurs have taken over and it's no walk in the park, damage gets dished out quite quickly and at the end he's starting to get overrun by 4-5 centaurs.
    Wow nice vid, never seen that b4. Goes to show all DE's wont be a walk in the park. Btw that theif was sitting at full Initiative alot >.>

Most of the people playing the demos are to put it nicely, terrible.

I am always suspicious of gameplay from non-hardcore players or short adjustment to a game. Doubtful top caliber players are going to be taking charges to face as often as demo players in the scant 15-1hr of play they have at a kiosk.

Incredibly dubious indicator of "challenge".

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Most of the people playing the demos are to put it nicely, terrible.

I am always suspicious of gameplay from non-hardcore players or short adjustment to a game. Doubtful top caliber players are going to be taking charges to face as often as demo players in the scant 15-1hr of play they have at a kiosk.

Incredibly dubious indicator of "challenge".
    In this case if you get hit you're dead, so while a better player probably would have dodged or kited and trying everything to keep the wolf away, any hit from the boss would end in being oneshot as a Thief or other class with around the same HP. This is an indicator of difficulty because either you're going to get one or two shot if you're hit, it doesn't matter how good of a player you are. So either you play smart and not get hit or you're going to be taking a ton of dirt naps. I do agree most people playing at cons DO suck, however this doesn't change the fact that that boss hits REALLY hard and sets the tone that this boss is not to be trifled with which is also known as difficult.

Wasn't it quoted by Anet, or at least Omlech, recently that the success/failure rate for DEs would be 60/40? That seems far from easy to me...considering how easy questing is in wow for example.

Don't know if this is a blanket figure for all DEs, or for non-elite DEs or elite DEs...

Won't we all suck if we've only played for an hour? It'll be fun to be a noob again. I just hope people who idolize the forums don't act exceedingly snobbish JUST because they know what the game's features are.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Wasn't it quoted by Anet, or at least Omlech, recently that the success/failure rate for DEs would be 60/40? That seems far from easy to me...considering how easy questing is in wow for example.

Don't know if this is a blanket figure for all DEs, or for non-elite DEs or elite DEs...
    Yeah I can't remember exactly where I read it but those numbers stick out. It becomes difficult to remember where you saw or read something when you've seen/heard so much at this point.

In this case if you get hit you're dead, so while a better player probably would have dodged or kited and trying everything to keep the wolf away, any hit from the boss would end in being oneshot as a Thief or other class with around the same HP. This is an indicator of difficulty because either you're going to get one or two shot if you're hit, it doesn't matter how good of a player you are. So either you play smart and not get hit or you're going to be taking a ton of dirt naps. I do agree most people playing at cons DO suck, however this doesn't change the fact that that boss hits REALLY hard and sets the tone that this boss is not to be trifled with which is also known as difficult.
    That's not sensible. All we see is typically bad play or inexperienced play. That Wolf might one-two shot you [as many Demon Souls bosses would] but the act avoiding that might be easy provided one isn't a derp.

Most of those demo vids, people are standing still trying to fight things like in WoW..

Yeah I can't remember exactly where I read it but those numbers stick out. It becomes difficult to remember where you saw or read something when you've seen/heard so much at this point.
    Yh I can't find a source for it...might be a video.
    Ofc, also it's only relevant to how hard DEs are...in the sense that if you fail it will just create more DEs.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Yh I can't find a source for it...might be a video.
    Ofc, also it's only relevant to how hard DEs are...in the sense that if you fail it will just create more DEs.
    Yeah and as far as we've seen that is exactly what happens.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    ...but the Elite Dynamic Event Chains (the ones that lead up to Shatterer and Tequatl-esque events) don't have to be easy in the slightest, infact, they can be (and likely will be) just as hard as Heroic Raid content from WoW.
    *splooge*10chars
    People complaining about arena queues? Oh, my sweet summer child. What do you know of waiting? Waiting is for the dungeon finder, where the average time is 25 minutes and children are born and live and die all before they find a fucking tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerr0r View Post
    *splooge*
    What the fuck is "splooge?"
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    That's not sensible. All we see is typically bad play or inexperienced play. That Wolf might one-two shot you [as many Demon Souls bosses would] but the act avoiding that might be easy provided one isn't a derp.

Most of those demo vids, people are standing still trying to fight things like in WoW..
    And that's why I love GW2 so much, no more standing still pressing your buttons. Still, if you need to kite the boss, that's going to suck for people who prefer to fight in melee. You can't really kite and melee at the same time.

---------- Post added 2012-01-24 at 11:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Koshun View Post
    Won't we all suck if we've only played for an hour? It'll be fun to be a noob again.
    I so look forward to that, the feeling of something being completely new and all those things to discover/find out.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    What the fuck is "splooge?"
    "I am delighted by what you said, to the point where I think I feel a stirring in my pants."
    People complaining about arena queues? Oh, my sweet summer child. What do you know of waiting? Waiting is for the dungeon finder, where the average time is 25 minutes and children are born and live and die all before they find a fucking tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    I so look forward to that, the feeling of something being completely new and all those things to discover/find out.
    And that's a great feeling indeed. Can't wait to explore both surface and the depths of Tyria, and getting amazed by the size of everything. Also, getting familiar with the classes. Good stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerr0r View Post
    "I am delighted by what you said, to the point where I think I feel a stirring in my pants."
    grody...

/10char
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    The first few hours will be so awesome. I know even the tiny things will feel completely awesome. I still remember pre-Searing Ascalon right after GW1 release.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Thanks for the replies!

Well, I'm not really rich. I have about... I think 11 plat right now (or 11k gold), which is not a lot. So selling it would be nice, but quite frankly, not having to grind the Moa Chick is also a nice thing.

I think I'll only be aiming for 30/50, so I'm unsure what I'll need money for. There are probably enough guides linked on the forums to tell me that, though. ;D
    Just link your HoM progress and people can say which stuff are the fastest to get, besides that, I've got 2 GW1 accounts, so if I get mini's that have been dedicated before, I can trade them (Not my 2 M.O.X.'es though)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Just link your HoM progress and people can say which stuff are the fastest to get, besides that, I've got 2 GW1 accounts, so if I get mini's that have been dedicated before, I can trade them (Not my 2 M.O.X.'es though)
    Got any rare mini's?

http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=m...AAASEAAAAAAAAA

http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=d...AAAOCMIAAAAAAA
    I need one mini to get 2 more points

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=d...AAAOCMIAAAAAAA
    I need one mini to get 2 more points
    Check the wiki if you have all 1st year white minis. If so, check for 2nd year white minis. Then 3rd year etc. 1st years go for 1-3k so then just spam EotN (outpost)/Kamadan and you should be done in no time.