Quote Originally Posted by Ashgar View Post
    That's the bad thing about MMO Champ. It should be about all MMO's but is dominated by WoW all of the time.
    To be fair though, a few years ago there was basically just Warcraft and a handful of also-rans. F2P transitions and greater market fragmentation are still relatively new. At least compared to 3-4 years ago.

Holy hell.. Can't wait much longer for GW2 or I'll go postal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    Holy hell.. Can't wait much longer for GW2 or I'll go postal
    You're not alone, but the wait will be worth it!

Even if wow is improved a TON by MoP I doubt it will last 10 more years...

Warcraft can go another 5-6 years. Lesser MMOs have gone longer than current WoW. Given WoW's vastly higher player base to say, AO, UO or EQ1-- Blizzard will most likely keep World of Warcraft going for many more years.

A F2P World of Warcraft will decimate the entire market. Entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    A F2P World of Warcraft will decimate the entire market. Entirely.
    I think it would depend entirely on the playerbase at the moment it swapped to a F2P model. Sure, if it went F2P now, it would probably hurt innovation a great deal more than it would hurt itself....but if it swaps to F2P in 5-10 years when it's more of a niche game like EQ is these days, then it would probably just remain hidden in the shadows.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

All Blizz would have to do is release progression servers in 3-5 years. I'd mostly likely leave Tera 2:Boobs Strike Back and Rift 3: Return to Freemarch in an instant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    Since I'm bored with SWTOR and skyrim by now, I was thinking of starting a new character in GW1, but cba to do it alone, so I thought, wouldn't it be fun to get some people from MMO-Champ together on vent and go trough proph/factions/nf together and have some fun times with new characters

Also it could help out players who are new to the game since it has quite the learning curve.

Would be great if we could get a full party of 8 together
    If you don't mind helping out a total newbie I'm up for it. I have some spare time these days.

Oh look a new WoW mount for the cash shop.

QUICK RESUBSCRIBE.

not, so obvious what blizzard is trying to do.

Now if GW2 released this mount, id buy 10 of them.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Oh look a new WoW mount for the cash shop.

QUICK RESUBSCRIBE.

not, so obvious what blizzard is trying to do.

Now if GW2 released this mount, id buy 10 of them.
    They don't really need you to resub. Nor is it a bait to resub. Blizz just need a quarter of their subscriber base to buy that $20 mount to net more cash than we will probably ever see in our lifetimes.

When I played PWI over the summer, I remember they had a charity mount that was roughly $150 US. The number of players that rushed to buy that mount on day one [In a game that releases mounts almost weekly] was so staggering, you could barely see NPCs with all the sparkle ponies around. I kid you not- their server crashed.

Safe to say $20 virtual product and the sheer base of Warcraft would dwarf PWI-US easily.

There is just no point at which WoW is dying, dead or poorly designed. Blizz created one helluva product. It may as well be the entire industry.

25$ tyvm!

Hey guys, this is our filler content till MoP

XD

anyway so lazy don't wanna do prophecies alone

/sigh

What the heck are you guys talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    What the heck are you guys talking about.
    blizzard released a new sparkle pony, except its a dragon, in the cash shop.

I just don't see a point in:

a) releasing it now
    b) why it's in the cash shop

10+ Year Old Account
    It annoys me that Blizzard even has this cash shop to begin with. The art team has to spend time on these products that take away from the development of the actual game that people are already paying 15$ a month for. I wouldn't have a problem with it if WoW was b2p, but of course it isn't. Even then, I wouldn't buy their mounts and pets because 25$ for a mount is "outrageous". Personally, I feel ripped off buying server transfers from Blizzard.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Ahh I see. I find it a bit ironic that pay to play mmo players talk crap about cash shops when the biggest mmo of them all has one.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    It annoys me that Blizzard even has this cash shop to begin with. The art team has to spend time on these products that take away from the development of the actual game....
    Pfft. As if it takes them months to reskin another cheap flying drake or flaming warhorse. >.>

I bet their art department cranks out multi-color drakes in a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Pfft. As if it takes them months to reskin another cheap flying drake or flaming warhorse. >.>

I bet their art department cranks out multi-color drakes in a day.
    I don't know. The latest 'sparkle pony' appears to be an original model. All their pets are original models, and small or not, animation takes the same amount of time.

Eh... probably best we don't continue this tangent of talking about WoW...
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    I don't know. The latest 'sparkle pony' appears to be an original model. All their pets are original models, and small or not, animation takes the same amount of time.
    I watched the video, it looks like tyreals charger skeleton with a tail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I watched the video, it looks like tyreals charger skeleton with a tail.
    It uses the same animations, but the model is different, and creating a new model takes even more time than animation. It's not a reskin like the original 'sparkle pony' was.

Agreed, Zito. Reskin of the same rehashed crap.