Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    I sense Anet will be making alot of money off you alone in the cosmetic part of the cash shop!
    From fencer's previous games played... I say that's an understatement.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    I sense Anet will be making alot of money off you alone in the cosmetic part of the cash shop!
    i bought everything in gw1 and aion cash shops! its awesome! great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    i bought everything in gw1 and aion cash shops! its awesome! great fun.
    Makes me feel poor with me only buying like 1 or 2 things, unless you count faction change/transfers on WoW. >.>

never paid for any of the wow stuff except that flying mount. warcraft is kinda ugly in all cosmetic items. there where no costumes options when i played wow heavily.

Guild Wars 2 Insider posted some more pictures!

http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/2012...ets/#more-1042
    Excited

Well...the mines one should make Mif happy
    Nice to see some more shots, but again def not the highest quality. The chars kinda look superimposed, particularly the one of the asura with the bow. But still awesome

And awesome armor once again. This game is just going to be incredible for armors. Although I did rofl at the Charr in blue...doesn't seem to fit somehow. Although the sword did scare me.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Well...the mines one should make Mif happy
    Blow up all the things!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulls191 View Post
    Guild Wars 2 Insider posted some more pictures!

http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/2012...ets/#more-1042
    Looks like a new graphic for a mesmer spell not yet revealed. Some purple shield.... hmmm

Last edited by zito; 2012-02-01 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Looks like a new graphic for a mesmer spell not yet revealed. Some purple shield.... hmmm
    I've seen that a few times...and thought it was just a snazzy shield o.0
    Maybe it's
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mirror or
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Illusionary_Warden

<snip pic>
    Isn't that just the guardian buff? It looks really similar to me.

Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    Isn't that just the guardian buff?
    No guardian around though.

---------- Post added 2012-02-01 at 02:54 AM ----------

I've seen that a few times...and thought it was just a snazzy shield o.0
    Maybe it's
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mirror or
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Illusionary_Warden
    I think its mirror since he is fighting a ranger.

No guardian around though.

---------- Post added 2012-02-01 at 02:54 AM ----------

I think its mirror since he is fighting a ranger.
    http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/back.../01/gw588x.jpg

Pretty sure that is the guardian shield unless some other profession can make shields out of energy as well that look almost identical...

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/back.../01/gw588x.jpg

Pretty sure that is the guardian shield unless some other profession can make shields out of energy as well that look almost identical...
    But it's mesmer purple. I know it's in pvp and he's on the red team...could be a blending of the guardian blue shied and pvp red...
    ...also, zooming in on the purple one...it's edge is on the purple lines...the guardian one clearly has some substance and shield area beyond the blue lines.

But it's mesmer purple. I know it's in pvp and he's on the red team...could be a blending of the guardian blue shied and pvp red...
    ...also, zooming in on the purple one...it's edge is on the purple lines...the guardian one clearly has some substance and shield area beyond the blue lines.
    I think it is just the effect of him having red gear. The shield is definitely blue around the edges. perhaps it could be a profession combo we are unaware of? I still think it is just a guardian shield.

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    I think it is just the effect of him having red gear. The shield is definitely blue around the edges. perhaps it could be a profession combo we are unaware of? I still think it is just a guardian shield.
    Yh...ur probably right.
    Still, the purple one's edge ends at the coloured line...the blue one above clearly has more substance beyond the blue lines. But meh, /shrug. This goes on my "wait and see" pile

Does anyone know if there will be an option to turn off the team side colored characters in pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    Does anyone know if there will be an option to turn off the team side colored characters in pvp?
    It's possible that the dying of gear to represent teams (red/blue) isn't final. One would assume they would do what they did in GW1 and make the cape/tabard/guild reference what denotes what team you're on. However, either way, I don't think you will be able to turn it off.

---------- Post added 2012-02-01 at 04:54 AM ----------

I think the shield is a mesmer ability. Look at the last two screencaps on that GWinsider post. You can see the Charr Mesmer (the notation under the screencap confirms it) next to a team member (What looks like a Norn Engineer) who doesn't have the shield. The Guardian party support ability places the shield on all nearby party members, so if it was the guardian ability it would be on the engineer as well. Also... it is CLEARLY purple and not because of an eye trick with the red armor.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

If a guardian just has the shield virtue active(but not activated for everyone, just for himself as a passive bonus), the shield still shows for the guardian, but for the guardian only. You can see it on some guardian vids from gamescom. Combined with the fact that to me, it looks like heavy armor and he seems to be holding his 2H sword for melee(not sure if mesmer can do that). You can see a butterfly in the screenshot though. But that just may be a accidental mesmer portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    If a guardian just has the shield virtue active(but not activated for everyone, just for himself as a passive bonus), the shield still shows for the guardian, but for the guardian only. You can see it on some guardian vids from gamescom. Combined with the fact that to me, it looks like heavy armor and he seems to be holding his 2H sword for melee(not sure if mesmer can do that). You can see a butterfly in the screenshot though. But that just may be a accidental mesmer portal.
    I think ur talking about the wrong photo. We mean the one on the last page that was from today's batch of pics in GWI
    Sorry in advance if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    The pvp colors are placeholders, they have yet to finish the game and they've stated somewhere in pax that they want to keep the customization given to players in pvp. Now, given that I have no idea on what they've decided, they may be final but I highly doubt it.
    Yes that is Spider-Man crying over a box of Uncle Ben's rice.