Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Nah, I like LewisB for some reason. Can't remember why, it was a specific interaction though iirc.
    Wasn't a dig at him. More he got over excited I think.

I'll watch all the videos and then stick them in the thread. Though I'm away this weekend so won't see any till monday. FUUUUU Anet!

Deleted
    His videos will be late though. He is in Sweden, and is having staff play and record GW2 so he can commentate on it. But he doesn't get back home until Monday, and will still have to edit it all.
    I actually think he'll do it pretty quick, maybe Tuesday? Because his staff will probably edit it so he can easily comment it asap

Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    I actually think he'll do it pretty quick, maybe Tuesday? Because his staff will probably edit it so he can easily comment it asap
    I'm really excited to see more starting zones. If early levels are interesting and fun, later levels can only be better. Hopefully he gets it done and posted quick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    It's entirely possible.
    I just more so wanted to point out that his stuff won't be released on Monday with everybody else's.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Who care aslong as it's good?

None of the other commentary videos I've watched on GW2 are as good as his, I might watch that LewisB guy from Tap Repeatable since he was posting in like every thread about it.
    I like TB videos as well. Although my favorite videos are still from Wartower.

Deleted
    It's entirely possible.
    I just more so wanted to point out that his stuff won't be released on Monday with everybody else's.
    '

True that, but he'll probably have an higher quality of his footage. Or at least I'd guess he has. And I got a school-break just when this info gets released so I got all time in the world to watch every footage possible!

Can't... friggin'... wait!

TB's gonna have some GW2 goodness for us? Super excited and hoping for Mesmer overview.

That list of what he's going to cover is pretty exciting
    Think I'm gonna have to take Monday off work lol...or not sleep on Monday night...umm, what the hell will 6am pacific time be here? o.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    TB's gonna have some GW2 goodness for us? Super excited and hoping for Mesmer overview.
    I'm actually hoping there's not much time spent specifically on the Mesmer. The last time ArenaNet did something similar - inviting press to play in a build of the game that was not seen at any of the conventions last May - there was a lot of time spent on the (most recently announced) Engineer profession. There was a lot more that I think should have been better covered, such as how the non-standard combat system felt both solo and in the dungeon they played in, rather than the same run-down of the Engineer skills in every publication.

I enjoy reading impressions much more than just the strict facts - it's usually those articles that I can show to friends or newbies wondering why people are interested in Guild Wars 2. Unfortunately, I think that puts me in the minority among people who are already sold on Guild Wars 2, as most of those seem to be hungry for new facts than reading about someone else's opinions of the game.
    Also known as Welcome on the WoW forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    That list of what he's going to cover is pretty exciting
    Think I'm gonna have to take Monday off work lol...or not sleep on Monday night...umm, what the hell will 6am pacific time be here? o.0
    Where might i find this list you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    Where might i find this list you speak of?
    Here you go!

Stuff we are planning on covering, bearing in mind that all characters start at Lv1 in this beta and are deleted after the weekend is done.

* Class overviews including skillsets with as many different weapons as we can get.
    * Skill demonstrations on a per class basis including optimum attack rotations and so forth, basically a large set of "how this works" stuff.
    * Stats explanations, a primer on a class by class basis on what's good for you and what isn't.
    * Quest timelapses, these are an entire quest chain condensed into a smaller video, the idea being to give you an impression of how the questing system changes the zone as well as some storyline overview.
    * Character creation on a per race basis.
    * PvP where possible, including double-perspective duels, IF it can be done.
    * World bosses where available.
    * Mechanics analysis and comparisons to other games

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Here you go!
    Tyvm ..

I asked him to take a look at WvWvW, new Trait system, the Marketplace UI, the Bank/storage UI, Mesmer, Asura and Sylvari starting areas over on the gw2 subreddit thread. That's assuming all of that is in and considering ANet is inviting the press to play their game months before launch and the public beta starting next month leads me to believe most if not all of it is in. They want a good initial impression and having features missing isn't the best way to go about that.

Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    I asked him to take a look at WvWvW, new Trait system, the Marketplace UI, the Bank/storage UI, Mesmer, Asura and Sylvari starting areas over on the gw2 subreddit thread. That's assuming all of that is in and considering ANet is inviting the press to play their game months before launch and the public beta starting next month leads me to believe most if not all of it is in. They want a good initial impression and having features missing isn't the best way to go about that.
    Why are people so obsessed with banks? Same thing on the TOR forums, they announce guild banks and everyone gets ecstatic.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

People collect a lot of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Why are people so obsessed with banks? Same thing on the TOR forums, they announce guild banks and everyone gets ecstatic.
    The reason I want to see the Bank UI is to know how much money I may or may not have to spend to max out the bank slots.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Well, I'm a hoarder. I love collecting stuff and I don't like to throw away armor or weapons I've used. And I normally have a vast array of anything that can be used in any form of crafting.
    My bank character in wow had 6 guild bank tabs lol. I like organising things The market place and crafting professions are things I want more info one definitely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraiten View Post
    Expansions are much more universally accepted. How many people do you know still play WotLK, TBC, or Vanilla in WoW? I think you'll find that very few people are going to make a fuss about expansions as opposed to DLC.
    Well, people buy WoW expansions, because they sell power. A lot of it. An other reason is that if you don't buy the expansion, you will never receive more content and you can't buy subsequent expansions without it. All in all, when WoW has a new expansion your choice is to buy it, or stop playing. I'd enjoy there being a choice of not buying it, but still playing. GW has this option.

Sure, if there is such a choice, it will separate the community. But as a consumer, I think I prefer the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraiten View Post
    Also, what if someone in a group is opposed to buying DLC, or can't afford it? It would affect smaller communities within GW2 as well.
    I can't see the point of this argument. It's the exact same case if someone in the group just doesn't want to do a specific dungeon. You just either find a replacement/don't do the dungeon.

Edit//; Never mind, Omlech probably meant real money when I thought he meant in-game money.
    Last edited by mmoc836451d5d6; 2012-02-16 at 06:56 AM.

I just want a bag of infinite holding.

It was rumored during the classic~TBC era, the average player of World of Warcraft didn't know there was an expansion until they tried to go through the Dark Portal. Getting a message saying, "You need The Burning Crusade to proceed."

Whether absolutely true or not, it reminds me of the disconnect between players like us [forum visitors, news seekers, etc] and those who just log on once or twice a week for fun.

Based on past history, I think Anet know how to roll out an expansion.