1. #12041
    Mechagnome Vewen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I think ur talking about the wrong photo. We mean the one on the last page that was from today's batch of pics in GWI
    Sorry in advance if I'm wrong.
    Ah, I was talking about the one posted by Nektar. Now I just realized that was indeed a guardian. Bah, silly me. I blame all the studying, will be glad when it's over later today.

    Yeh, the one from guildwarsinsider looks different than the shield from a guardian, it's definitely purple and not blue. Can't really see if it's light or heavy armor(though boots seem more mail-like), and the sword he's wearing isn't helping much. Though I can't seem to see an offhand? Does that thing disappear on occasions during spell effects?
    Last edited by Vewen; 2012-02-01 at 09:54 AM.

  2. #12042
    Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    Ah, I was talking about the one posted by Nektar. Now I just realized that was indeed a guardian. Bah, silly me. I blame all the studying, will be glad when it's over later today.

    Yeh, the one from guildwarsinsider looks different than the shield from a guardian, it's definitely purple and not blue. Can't really see if it's light or heavy armor(though boots seem more mail-like), and the sword he's wearing isn't helping much. Though I can't seem to see an offhand? Does that thing disappear on occasions during spell effects?
    I had a good zoom in earlier and it didn't seem like heavy armor to me. I think it's the mesmer mirror skill...seems to be enough evidence from what ppl have said...but we'll have to wait n see
    I'm going to cry like a little baby when Logan and Rytlock reconcile and have a glorious man-hug

  3. #12043
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I had a good zoom in earlier and it didn't seem like heavy armor to me. I think it's the mesmer mirror skill...seems to be enough evidence from what ppl have said...but we'll have to wait n see
    Btw he is using a staff, not sword. Do we have any evidence that colors mix according for team color? So If I was red team with a blue shield it would be purple.... that seems too much unnecessary work tbh and its too convenient that its purple



    The visual seems to disappear on others. Also the character animation doesn't change to if you were actually holding a shield.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-02-01 at 03:00 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

  4. #12044
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I spent ages looking for actual pics of the mesmer mirror skill, and ofc just got loads of the mirror image skill.
    No info on the colour changes...but it's just, the more I look at it and think about what ppl have said, the less I think that it could be the faithful strike.
    He's a mesmer, from the caption on GWI, standing at range to a ranger. The skill clearly says it reflects projectiles. Gotta be imo.
    I'm going to cry like a little baby when Logan and Rytlock reconcile and have a glorious man-hug

  5. #12045
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I spent ages looking for actual pics of the mesmer mirror skill, and ofc just got loads of the mirror image skill.
    No info on the colour changes...but it's just, the more I look at it and think about what ppl have said, the less I think that it could be the faithful strike.
    He's a mesmer, from the caption on GWI, standing at range to a ranger. The skill clearly says it reflects projectiles. Gotta be imo.
    The only skills we know of are the ones from mesmer release preview. Only beta testers know the rest :/
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

  6. #12046
    I am Murloc! Mif's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tarnished Coast
    Posts
    5,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixor View Post
    You may run in fear now, I´ve already planted the seed in you.
    Well I've already planted land mines, you might not want to run anywhere...


  7. #12047
    Yea guild wars came in the mail!

    Mesmer here I come.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

  8. #12048
    Pandaren Monk Maarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Austria (EU)
    Posts
    1,947
    Originally Posted by Blizzard
    A Break in the Mists: Alert the Press!

    Since the announcement of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria at BlizzCon 2011, we’ve been hard at work on all of the new game features, environments, dungeons, and other content that awaits adventurers. Today, we’re inviting members of the press worldwide to get an updated sneak peek and some hands-on time with the latest version of World of Warcraft’s fourth expansion at an event taking place March 13 - 15.
    Funny how synchronized this happens, guess MoP will launch as direct competitor to GW2... just saying

  9. #12049
    I am Murloc! Mif's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tarnished Coast
    Posts
    5,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Funny how synchronized this happens, guess MoP will launch as direct competitor to GW2... just saying
    Yeah, I thought the same thing.

  10. #12050
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Funny how synchronized this happens, guess MoP will launch as direct competitor to GW2... just saying
    Blizzard will have to rush in order to release around the same time as GW2. Blizzard typically runs 4-5 month betas so if they wanted to release in say June when GW2 is likely to release, they needed to start their Beta already. To be quite honest Blizzard has lost nearly 2 million subs in a year, does anyone here think those people are going to go back for GW1/GW2 features and mechanics that are shoehorned into a game that wasn't built for them in the first place when they can just play GW2?

  11. #12051
    Blizzard can afford to advertise it sooner and for longer though, that'll certainly bring in quite a few. So even if it is released a bit later, it will still be a direct competitor. Plus pre orders n such.
    I'm sure noone here thinks those 2m will go back for that ...but maybe some will jump back from tor to wow. Many rifters seem to be either staying there or waiting for GW2 though.
    We'll see what happens to the sub figures when more info on mop is released, and the final release date ofc.
    I'm going to cry like a little baby when Logan and Rytlock reconcile and have a glorious man-hug

  12. #12052
    Probably a bad idea for them to release MoP at the same time as GW2. I am kind interested in MoP but doubt I will forgo GW2 early play for an expansion to a game I already play. Probably true for many as well.

  13. #12053
    Mmmm, in GW1 do I just do secondary quests till I can fulfill my primary ones? And after all the primary ones are done I have officially beat the campaign?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

  14. #12054
    I want them to release more lore on classes. I want to know if guardians have some kind code of conduct. I want to be a guardian who smashes heads then gets arrested at the tavern for getting drunk and mooning the waitress... as long as I'm protecting someone in the process!

  15. #12055
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I want to be a guardian who smashes heads then gets arrested at the tavern for getting drunk and mooning the waitress... as long as I'm protecting someone in the process!
    Pretty sure Norn Guardians already do this.

  16. #12056
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Mmmm, in GW1 do I just do secondary quests till I can fulfill my primary ones? And after all the primary ones are done I have officially beat the campaign?
    You can do the quests in whatever order you wish. The campaign quests/missions are the ones that open up new areas though.

  17. #12057
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Mmmm, in GW1 do I just do secondary quests till I can fulfill my primary ones? And after all the primary ones are done I have officially beat the campaign?
    Not really. You can run missions almost nonstop and that follows the story/campaign. The secondary/side quest are just for money and trinkets- for the players that like an "adventure". The meat of the game is just missions, some mission will end and allow you to start the next mission immediately.

  18. #12058
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Not really. You can run missions almost nonstop and that follows the story/campaign. The secondary/side quest are just for money and trinkets- for the players that like an "adventure". The meat of the game is just missions, some mission will end and allow you to start the next mission immediately.
    Where do you get missions :x, all I am finding are quests.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

  19. #12059
    I am Murloc! Mif's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tarnished Coast
    Posts
    5,629
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Where do you get missions :x, all I am finding are quests.
    In your quest log, just keep doing primary quests and they will funnel you into missions.
    If you're only after HoM, you can ignore secondary quests.

  20. #12060
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    In your quest log, just keep doing primary quests and they will funnel you into missions.
    If you're only after HoM, you can ignore secondary quests.
    oh ok, slowly learning

    /sigh give me 3 days and ill know everything :x
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •