Quote Originally Posted by -Auto- View Post
    I have:
    -i5 2500k
    -GTX 560 ti
    -8GB RAM @1600
    -OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD

I can run Battlefield 3 on ultra settings at what feels like a steady 40fps in combat. You should be fine, man.

EDIT: I should also add that I'm running at 1680x1050
    Alright, yeah it should be pretty good then. Btw are you running with those components overclocked? or just at stock setting?

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    Alright, yeah it should be pretty good then. Btw are you running with those components overclocked? or just at stock setting?
    The 2500k has Turbo Boost which will take you from 3.3GHz to (up to) 3.7GHz depending on the number of cores you're using (if your MoBo supports it, and you have it enabled in BIOS). And my GPU came factory over clocked from 833MHz to 900MHz. So, essentially stock settings. I haven't manually OC'd anything.

Think ur already over the benchmarks for Guild wars 2 mate -Auto- so u don't have to worry it will surely work like a charm for u Just be sure to have a solid low-ping internet connection to wherever the servers will be at

Quote Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
    Think ur already over the benchmarks for Guild wars 2 mate -Auto- so u don't have to worry it will surely work like a charm for u Just be sure to have a solid low-ping internet connection to wherever the servers will be at
    Oh, for sure. I was just reassuring Proxeneta that he'd be solidly good to go with his setup as well.

Stood in the Fire Stealthedbear's Avatar
    I'm only at 19/30 from when the game first came out...
    Just got my girlfriend the game and we're going through nightfall first to get heroes. I have all the skills from doing RA's a long time ago, what would be the best/quickest way for her to get skills for her heroes quickly?

You pretty much max the game out with almost less then half the settings listed above, for anyone wondering. They were testing the game with 460 gtx's.

Only 460 GTXs?? Do u have a proof of this Rivehn? I know they weren't using anything powerful or such, but is there anywhere mentioned what kind of PCs where at the Gamescon or PAX East or something? I'm trying to save up enough for a new PC for when the game comes out, but if its just 460 GTX I might be on the right track already

Quote Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
    Only 460 GTXs?? Do u have a proof of this Rivehn? I know they weren't using anything powerful or such, but is there anywhere mentioned what kind of PCs where at the Gamescon or PAX East or something? I'm trying to save up enough for a new PC for when the game comes out, but if its just 460 GTX I might be on the right track already
    Yup they were using 460 gtx at gamescon. They are using the old GW1 engine (which isn't a bad thing really) and the game still has amazing graphics and such and you don't need an expensive card to play it on max

If you are me however you're fucked either way....
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

A 460 gtx should be more the enough, how ever if your playing at a higher resolution i would recommend something a bit better. I'll be running a phenom II x4 950 with the 460 gtx with a resolution of 1360x768 wide. So i know i'm good for ultra settings.

I'm not really tech savvy, but how will a 1 GB AMD Radeon HD 6770M handle the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Searsha View Post
    I'm not really tech savvy, but how will a 1 GB AMD Radeon HD 6770M handle the game?
    *Maybe* very high, but not ultra unless you run a low resolution.

Time to link this again.

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/941/gw2chart.jpg

GW2Guru techies taking a stab at how GPU's will handle the game. Take with a grain of salt as nobody truly knows how any computer will handle it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    *Maybe* very high, but not ultra unless you run a low resolution.
    I have 1680x1050 and I would like to play at native. I would be perfectly fine with high settings (if that is different than very high?).

Edit: Well according to the chart I can get somewhere between medium and high–I'll be content with that. I knew I wouldn't getting anything too amazing with my laptop.
    Last edited by Searsha; 2012-02-05 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Time to link this again.

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/941/gw2chart.jpg

GW2Guru techies taking a stab at how GPU's will handle the game. Take with a grain of salt as nobody truly knows how any computer will handle it yet.
    Thanks for that, even if it's not set in stone I can at least get a grasp on what I'm looking at when it comes to graphical power needs.

Looks like I'm set, I have 2 gtx 560s mostly got them for bf3 but also for future games.
    Yes that is Spider-Man crying over a box of Uncle Ben's rice.

Just have to share my anger. Done 346 lunar fortunes and no pet... >.< FUCK THAT SHIT

Just got the Dragon which has launched my HoM score all the way up to 8! lol

I made a topic about PvP builds and build strategy that isn't doing too well. Surely you guys can come up with one build if I can come up with 2?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ld-and-Counter
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    I made a topic about PvP builds and build strategy that isn't doing too well. Surely you guys can come up with one build if I can come up with 2?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ld-and-Counter
    I made a build I really like the idea of your thread it got me thinking more about what I want to do in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Just got the Dragon which has launched my HoM score all the way up to 8! lol

I just got my last title, so i'm at 47/50, weeeee.

This is the first year I actually like the celestial pet, and now I can't get it :'(