Has anyone tried the new patch in guild wars? I'v been thinking about giving it a go.

Quick question about GW1.

I've been doing the main story, I'm on the last leg of the EotN and I haven't touched any other campaign other than A little of factions (because I made an Assassin) and the first part of Nightfall (for some hero skills).

At a certain point during my hunt for hero skills in Nightfall, I remembered seeing skill packs in the GW1 cash shop. It was going to take a while to get the PvX builds for my 7 heroes, and even longer to cap the elite skills. So I checked out the Cash Shop.

Here is my question.
    Are the skill packs worth it. Yes, plural, is it worth buying all of the skill packs (about 50~usd) for my heroes rather than spending the time to obtain hero skill points and finding the hero skill trainers/making another toon to unlock and cap skills?
    And while I'm at it, what about the pet pack? Do those count towards HoM?
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post

I've been doing the main story, I'm on the last leg of the EotN and I haven't touched any other campaign other than A little of factions (because I made an Assassin) and the first part of Nightfall (for some hero skills).

At a certain point during my hunt for hero skills in Nightfall, I remembered seeing skill packs in the GW1 cash shop. It was going to take a while to get the PvX builds for my 7 heroes, and even longer to cap the elite skills. So I checked out the Cash Shop.

Here is my question.
    Are the skill packs worth it. Yes, plural, is it worth buying all of the skill packs (about 50~usd) for my heroes rather than spending the time to obtain hero skill points and finding the hero skill trainers/making another toon to unlock and cap skills?
    It's worth it if you feel like spending the money. Pet's count towards HoM.

The sad thing about the skill packs as your main character has to buy the skills from the skill trainer unlike your hero's

I specifically almost completed nightfall with just nightfall skills, same with eotn. I bought factions skill pack so I can do the Necro healer (makes life easier). TBH it's difficult without the skills.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-02-14 at 12:48 AM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

Here is my question.
    It depends if you plan on changing the layout of your Heroes often? Guild WArs 2 is probably 3+ months away so i wouldn't worry about rushing. I'd spend a few hours getting your heroes Skills and of course there elites.

Here is my question.
    Depends on how much you value your free time vs. that $50. If you feel you won't grind all the skills/upgrade out in-game at a pace that keeps the game enjoyable for you- go ahead and buy the packs.

Provided the $50 is something you can afford, natch.

Def. worth it considering GW1 is long in the tooth at this point. How much are you really gonna invest in GW1 vs. using those skills in the here & now? That's what you should ask yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    It depends if you plan on changing the layout of your Heroes often? Guild WArs 2 is probably 3+ months away so i wouldn't worry about rushing. I'd spend a few hours getting your heroes Skills and of course there elites.
    However that cost more in game money then a new player can afford. At a certain point each new skill cost 1p. HoM can get pretty expensive itself so saving money would be the best (I went threw half of nightfall with 5 armor gear).

Other then that what fencer said.

I forgot the game is expensive for new players. After you played the game for years you accumulate more gold and ecto than you can even spend. I sent like hundreds of plat to alts or friends at times and it's like meh after 3 xpacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I forgot the game is expensive for new players. After you played the game for years you accumulate more gold and ecto than you can even spend. I sent like hundreds of plat to alts or friends at times and it's like meh after 3 xpacks.

I have 300 gold

/cry

/throws computer out the window

Oh yeah, I only just got the elite kurzik armor and that felt like it took forever to get. Although i still gotta do hard modes so that should give me some platinum.

I have 300 gold

/cry

/throws computer out the window
    You don't do UW or the elite missions? So much gold. At one point you could make builds and farm ecto like corn in Nebraska.

Edit: I feel like a jerk I always try to help people but I forget to log on to GW1 and sleep most of the day. :s

You don't do UW or the elite missions? So much gold. At one point you could make builds and farm ecto like corn in Nebraska.
    I think he or she just started playing recently.

Edit: I feel like a jerk I always try to help people but I forget to log on to GW1 and sleep most of the day. :s
    I DONT KNOW WHAT THOSE ARE.

Oh, I beat eotn and just working on factions. I only got 2 missions left in nightfall. However the lack of skills for my hero's is hindering me.

Is the game down atm? I can't seem to log in.
    Last edited by Rivehn; 2012-02-14 at 01:09 AM.

UW = Underworld. It's a big dungeon more or less. Elite missions or areas could be places like Slavers Exile or Domain of Anguish. In Factions there is one called The Deep. Anyway, completing them will net some nice cash plus the drops and crafting mats. Vanquishing (clearing zones in hardmode) is also nice for cash. Running people to places like Droknar's Forge used to be nice way get some money as well, not sure if that still happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    UW = Underworld. It's a big dungeon more or less. Elite missions or areas could be places like Slavers Exile or Domain of Anguish. In Factions there is one called The Deep. Anyway, completing them will net some nice cash plus the drops and crafting mats. Vanquishing (clearing zones in hardmode) is also nice for cash. Running people to places like Droknar's Forge used to be nice way get some money as well, not sure if that still happens.
    Mmm I never noticed elite missions. I want to finish it, but the time it took to get the shiro was long and boring and then he transfered my hexes and whiped me out after I killed the lich (my party was full health too).

In other words im lazy :P

And I don't have any warrior skills (I have been using warrior henchman )

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Mmm I never noticed elite missions. I want to finish it, but the time it took to get the shiro was long and boring and then he transfered my hexes and whiped me out after I killed the lich (my party was full health too).

In other words im lazy :P

And I don't have any warrior skills (I have been using warrior henchman )
    Omg i hated that fight until i tried mesway and discord. Been awhile i don't know if people still use those builds but having a mesmer that uses disrupts is like Easy mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Omg i hated that fight until i tried mesway and discord. Been awhile i don't know if people still use those builds but having a mesmer that uses disrupts is like Easy mode.
    Except his .1 second casts.

Except his .1 second casts.
    Do you use a hero build based around melee?

I had pain inverter whenever I did that fight. Made it rather easy. Are you getting killed when shiro uses Impossible Odds?

Do you have any blind skills (i.e. Blinding Flash)? That works really well against him too.
    Last edited by Doozerjun; 2012-02-14 at 01:24 AM.

So its ok to label people on a online forum as pedophiles for liking a cutesy small race?

Guess that means liking female asura makes you a pedophile too.

I guess liking a full grown women with breast makes people a pervert too?
    Liking a cutesy small race isn't a problem.It's cutesy small races with skimpy outfits that hits a nerve.