15+ Year Old Account
    http://twitter.com/#!/Totalbiscuit/s...07072044777472

So yay! More content tomorrow! Something is better than nothing, right? Too bad it is friday and he takes weekends off. Get a video or two and than nothing till Monday. Oh well. Beggars can't be choosers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Well she needed logan to buy her and her mesmers some time to cast a gigantic illusion, Lucky for logan he recruited the charr that were imprisoned in ebonhawke to help him.
    But the dragon should of died if snuff didn't die no?

So the queen really just let the dragon escape.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    But the dragon should of died if snuff didn't die no?

So the queen really just let the dragon escape.
    Maybe, but without the leadership of Queen Jenna, the human race would fall apart, ultimately leading to its demise (and the demise of the others as well).
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Maybe, but without the leadership of Queen Jenna, the human race would fall apart, ultimately leading to its demise (and the demise of the others as well).
    I'm not saying the queen is a total failure, I'm saying logan has no balls.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still convinced that she magically summoned Logan to her side without him having a choice in the matter, rather than, like... calling him by cell and going "Hey, wanna come over to my place? But they're your FRIENDS, you can kill dragons any time!"
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I'm still convinced that she magically summoned Logan to her side without him having a choice in the matter, rather than, like... calling him by cell and going "Hey, wanna come over to my place? But they're your FRIENDS, you can kill dragons any time!"
    I was too....until that interview with Ree where she revealed Jeff Grubb said it wasn't that.
    it felt like a compulsion....hell, when she touched Logan's head and gave him the spell it felt like it was worded as a compulsion. But apparently it was just a spell to make him know she was in trouble.
    I'll try to find the source of that in a min.

Personally, I believe it was a compulsion but that Grubb and Ree changed their minds. Probably due to some continuity issue in GW2. Writers do it all the time.

Source: http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/guil...ree-soesbee/4/
    Ree actually doesn't say what Jeff said. He just said the argument is interesting, and that all the members of DE would view it differently...so tbh, imo, it's still on the cards that it was compulsion.
    All she says is that she personally thinks it wasn't.
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-03-09 at 02:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'm not saying the queen is a total failure, I'm saying logan has no balls.
    He was compelled by his magical oath to Jenna to come. He is much more somber and serious now because of his guilt from leaving his friends and the death of Zaff(?).

The loss of friendships and the loss of a friends life is far less important than the loss of a racial leader and their great bastion of hope (Ebonhawke).
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Why couldn't they just replace Jennah? I feel the death of an elder dragon is far more important than preventing the death of the queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Why couldn't they just replace Jennah? I feel the death of an elder dragon is far more important than preventing the death of the queen.
    Because the guy who would replace Jennah would continue the war against the charr...which humanity would lose.
    So, while it would be better for the world to defeat the elder dragon, Jennah has to think about saving humanity first. Besides, she didn't know it would mean the death of Snaff to being Logan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Because the guy who would replace Jennah would continue the war against the charr...which humanity would lose.
    So, while it would be better for the world to defeat the elder dragon, Jennah has to think about saving humanity first. Besides, she didn't know it would mean the death of Snaff to being Logan.
    And to be fair, I really doubt Logan expected anybody to die. Those were people he'd traveled and adventured with for long enough to believe that they were capable of handling themselves. He trusted them to get the job done, when his people needed him elsewhere.

It's not really his fault, considering those attacking Ebonhawke were the minions of (or at least, creatures transformed by) the very dragon they were trying to kill.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

And to be fair, I really doubt Logan expected anybody to die. Those were people he'd traveled and adventured with for long enough to believe that they were capable of handling themselves. He trusted them to get the job done, when his people needed him elsewhere.

It's not really his fault, considering those attacking Ebonhawke were the minions of (or at least, creatures transformed by) the very dragon they were trying to kill.
    I highly doubt that concern for the others nor the outcome of the fight against kralk was anywhere on his mind. If memory serves me right the only thing he really said during that moment was pretty much a fanatical "MY QUEEN NEEDS ME!!!!" =P

Logan being a chump has nothing to do with Jennah's need of him at the time DE were about to drop the dragon.

I dunno...I find myself quite torn in this tbh.
    He knew the plan exactly. He knew perfectly well that Caithe needed a second person to help close the gap through to Snaff. He did very much know that she almost certainly couldn't do it on her own, despite that she's just god damn amazing.
    As soon as he got the message he just left within moments. It didn't even seem like he agonised over a choice. This is what mostly makes me feel like it was compulsion (see my above post), because his reaction is very unrealistic. He abandoned his new "jackass brother he never had" and his comrades, without pause or hesitation.
    And he knew that Snaff would likely die and that they wouldn't succeed, because he knew that each member was essential to the success of the plan.
    He is.....a doucebag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiemike168 View Post
    I highly doubt that concern for the others nor the outcome of the fight against kralk was anywhere on his mind. If memory serves me right the only thing he really said during that moment was pretty much a fanatical "MY QUEEN NEEDS ME!!!!" =P
    He knew the plan exactly. He knew perfectly well that Caithe needed a second person to help close the gap through to Snaff. He did very much know that she almost certainly couldn't do it on her own, despite that she's just god damn amazing.
    As soon as he got the message he just left within moments. It didn't even seem like he agonised over a choice. This is what mostly makes me feel like it was compulsion (see my above post), because his reaction is very unrealistic. He abandoned his new "jackass brother he never had" and his comrades, without pause or hesitation.
    And he knew that Snaff would likely die and that they wouldn't succeed, because he knew that each member was essential to the success of the plan.
    If that's the case, even highly exaggerated, I would honestly... blame the writer, instead of the character. :S

If that's the case, even highly exaggerated, I would honestly... blame the writer, instead of the character. :S
    lol...i'll write to Mr Grubb then
    But I don't want to be one of the crazies who stands up at a convention and starts ranting about little bits of discontinuity...
    Just seems...odd.

15+ Year Old Account
    THAT right there. I could never finish the book. Got it right next to me with the bookmark still in it and I haven't touched it in weeks. It is a coaster right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Logan is still a jerk

Snaff :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Logan is still a jerk

Snaff :'(
    That's what it fundamentally comes down to. May Grenth eat his damned soul.
    He let Snaff die.
    And any intelligent being knows an asura is worth an entire race of bookahs.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's what it fundamentally comes down to. May Grenth eat his damned soul.
    He let Snaff die.
    And any intelligent being knows an asura isn't worth a barrel full of bookahs.
    FTFY
    Though I do have to say, I greatly appreciated the asura in ghosts of ascalon much more than either Snaff or Zojja. I didn't care for either of the buggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    FTFY
    Though I do have to say, I greatly appreciated the asura in ghosts of ascalon much more than either Snaff or Zojja. I didn't care for either of the buggers.
    Ohhh...now that really should be a mini game. How many dead bookahs can u squeeze in a barrel or with the "undead minceing" boats they developed in EoD, wow...ud get quite a few dead bookahs in a barrel that way. Thanks! Great idea.

Anyway........yes, the depth of the characters is much better in GoA. They have a great deal more personality. With the asura, you could really feel how much losing his workshop affected him. It was like he lost an arm. And when...can't remember protaginists name...gave him Blimm's powerstone crystal, it was quite touching.
    Every character was better tbh, much more real...and I really hope we get to meet them in GW2. I can't wait to go drinking with that norn.