Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    I said I inputted the serial code. I bought the CE. Which means I got the right to ask questions and get mad on how I am not getting the game client. I'm not super mad but I don't want this shit to end up like the fucking Blizzard/Annual Pass beta invites thing where many of it payers didn't get beta invites till a month later.
    Um, okay. Merely letting you know that client d/l & beta access is currently only for the invited. Regardless of when and what version of the game one may have bought or registered. If one is not in the beta currently it is assumed they will be once Anet announce the open beta events.

I said I inputted the serial code. I bought the CE. Which means I got the right to ask questions and get mad on how I am not getting the game client. I'm not super mad but I don't want this shit to end up like the fucking Blizzard/Annual Pass beta invites thing where many of it payers didn't get beta invites till a month later.
    It's not Fencer's fault that you don't know how to read.
    When you pre-purchased, it explained that pre-purchasing would give you access to Beta WEEKEND events.
    Not sure if you're aware what weekend means, but it means that these events are only held on certain weekends. The first one will be either next weekend or the weekend after, and they will be about once a month after that.
    You have no right to complain even though you seem to think you do, seeing as they explained it in big bold text and you simply did not read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    It's not Fencer's fault that you don't know how to read.
    When you pre-purchased, it explained that pre-purchasing would give you access to Beta WEEKEND events.
    Not sure if you're aware what weekend means, but it means that these events are only held on certain weekends. The first one will be either next weekend or the weekend after, and they will be about once a month after that.
    You have no right to complain even though you seem to think you do, seeing as they explained it in big bold text and you simply did not read.
    There was someone 10 threads ago that got the beta invite who posted he bought CE and got game client a few hours after. And Calm down. I am asking because I am confused of this shit. I read the FAQ many times but they never specifically said which of their weekends are the beta weekends. Unless they already told us and I guess I didn't look carefully for it.

The only people with the client are those who participated in the closed beta weekends. We will get the email with the open beta download soon, when they announce the beta weekend event. It won't end up like the annual pass, just be patient

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

There was someone 10 threads ago that got the beta invite who posted he bought CE and got game client a few hours after. And Calm down. I am asking because I am confused of this shit. I read the FAQ many times but they never specifically said which of their weekends are the beta weekends. Unless they already told us and I guess I didn't look carefully for it.
    They haven't announced the dates of the BWEs, they announce them closer to the actual weekend.
    And if someone said he bought the CE and Anet mailed him the game client shortly after, he was lying or got into the stress test, which was invite only.
    They have not yet sent out the game client, and even if they did you would be unable to log in due to the servers being down.

Anet haven't announced the date BWE yet. As has been said a few times now. That some got their client after per-purchasing this week is merely coincidental with the recent private/invite only beta test.

So asking about the BWE dates is sorta pointless. When announced it'll be on every website, podcast and forum related to MMOs. The game is kind of a big deal at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The game is kind of a big deal at this point.
    Ye, people know it.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

I want to see pre-purchase numbers for sales.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I want to see pre-purchase numbers for sales.
    As do I, however, I really wish they would give us some date for the BWE.

Because, seriously they must have an idea and the fact that they haven't announced it or given an actual date has gotten to the point of them, most likely, trolling us.
    Main: Vargox (Charr Engineer)
    Guild: Asinium - ASN is always recruiting! Launch day guild will be made and invites will be sent out and recruiting will commence on release.
    We are primarily an Aussie guild but are always recruiting anyone! Send me a message in game for an invite.
    Server: Sea of Sorrows (US)

Quote Originally Posted by Goat-Lad View Post
    As do I, however, I really wish they would give us some date for the BWE.

Because, seriously they must have an idea and the fact that they haven't announced it or given an actual date has gotten to the point of them, most likely, trolling us.
    I'm sure the stress test helped them decide when they were ready for a beta, this weekend or next, and the stress test was just a couple days ago.
    I doubt they've known for weeks exactly when it will be and have decided not to to tell us.
    I'd rather them tell us when it's guaranteed to be stable at that time as oppose to them telling us a date and hoping it's ready for that time.
    I mean, if they can get it ready by the 20th, I doubt they want to wait until the 27th.. but if they think they can have it ready by the 20th and it's not, I'd rather they hadn't said the 20th.

There are gonna be a lot of people looking at GW2 on the first few BWEs. And even more talking about it afterward. To a degree, it's beta. Okay. However, it is likely that Anet are polishing and getting certain stress systems in place for what is undoubtedly gonna be more players hitting the GW2 servers during BWE than have previously.

Give 'em some time to get this stuff ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I'm sure the stress test helped them decide when they were ready for a beta, this weekend or next, and the stress test was just a couple days ago.
    I doubt they've known for weeks exactly when it will be and have decided not to to tell us.
    I'd rather them tell us when it's guaranteed to be stable at that time as oppose to them telling us a date and hoping it's ready for that time.
    I mean, if they can get it ready by the 20th, I doubt they want to wait until the 27th.. but if they think they can have it ready by the 20th and it's not, I'd rather they hadn't said the 20th.
    Been waiting for 4 years...its starting to get to me...

*chips lost*
    Main: Vargox (Charr Engineer)
    Guild: Asinium - ASN is always recruiting! Launch day guild will be made and invites will be sent out and recruiting will commence on release.
    We are primarily an Aussie guild but are always recruiting anyone! Send me a message in game for an invite.
    Server: Sea of Sorrows (US)

NO! I want it NAOWWW!!!

Ahem. Yes, patience is a virtue Or so I'm told...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    NO! I want it NAOWWW!!!

Ahem. Yes, patience is a virtue Or so I'm told...
    I agree... patience is virtual...

Oh, misread. Sorry.

Hi
    Some questions i have about GW2.

1. Is the zones large open areas (like wow) Or more closed paths you have to follow (like Aion).
    2. Is the zones difrent instanses (like Swtor) or can you walk between 2 zones without loading screen (like wow and rift)
    3. Dose the zones have difrent instances (like Aion,swtor,AOC) or is there only one zone/server like in WoW?
    4. About what size is the zones (Large or small)?
    5. How big is the main citys?

All help is welcome!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ymiron View Post
    Hi

1. Is the zones large open areas (like wow) Or more closed paths you have to follow (like Aion).
    2. Is the zones difrent instanses (like Swtor) or can you walk between 2 zones without loading screen (like wow and rift)
    3. Dose the zones have difrent instances (like Aion,swtor,AOC) or is there only one zone/server like in WoW?

All help is welcome!
    Thanks
    1. Large open
    2. Instances, but they are much larger than SWTOR and don't feel like instances.
    3. One, I think.
    4. Large
    5. Huge. Much bigger than WoW. This is 1 of 6 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjLmknda6_Q

Quote Originally Posted by Ymiron View Post
    Hi

All help is welcome!
    Thanks
    1. The zones are wide/open. human starting zone, Queensdale and Gamebreaker's 1/4 of the WvW map
    2. There has been some dispute about this recently. The info I've come across is that there are multiple zones per region(similar to WoW's Kalimdor and Outland) with portals between regions having a load screen, while there are gates/portals between each zone within a region but do not have a load screen(perhaps as a way to phase out/in distant landmarks of each zone). I haven't heard any mention of loading screens from the press betas so I'm waiting on the BWE for specific info on this.
    3. Do you mean shards where players are phased out when a cap is reached? If so there is not. However there is an overflow server that you can opt to play on instead of waiting in a login queue and it allows you to keep any items/progress made.
    4. I'd wager they vary but overall each one should be large, we don't have a map of every zone available but there are at least 25 PvE zones if I remember right(in addition 4? PvP maps, massive map(s) of WvWvW, and 5 faction cities(not sure about the non-faction city of Lion's Arch in terms of scale)).
    5. Massive. Divinity's Reach(I think this one tours all/most areas) and Gamebreaker's Divinity's Reach

I'd edit in videos for zones/cities as I round them up in a few.
    Last edited by Tithonus; 2012-04-16 at 09:51 AM.

Can you have a pink beard as a human or norn?

This is utterly important to me.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post

I'm quite sure you can. While I haven't seen any with pink beards, in this video you can see that the pink color is available for hair color.

Edit: Timer on the video is a bit off. It's supposed to be 50 minutes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post

If this video is accurate it just may be possible. http://youtu.be/oVOC6wVp4JI?t=2m25s Though whoever made that video didn't go through the hair color options to confirm it, I assume that at least the top row is for hair when compared to the human creation video which does select a few different colors http://youtu.be/pMzth2plFho?t=4m20s.