So trend of this thread is to have a massive wall of text right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    The game without tanks cannot exist. Either DPS are reduced to 1-2 abilities (like in Diablo), or boss is big dummy on the pole (like in most singleplayer games). In proper MMO you need the tank.
    Define proper MMO please. I take it you've only ever in your life played WoW so that is the only "proper" MMO in the world right? Everything is a clone of WoW. As has been said before GW1 had no tanks yet group of 12 players went into missions etc. Worked fine with no tank, oh and it was a proper MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    So trend of this thread is to have a massive wall of text right?
    Some people go to forums to have conversations.

Frankly i think gw2 is going to be the best-selling mmorpg ever , in terms of sells , not the amount of money NCsoft will make from it.
    seriously , a game like this free to play forever once you buy it? rpg and mmorpg lovers will just buy it regardless of how better it is from anything else because what the heck , its a huge mmorpg for free with good general opinions.

Great writeup, Snowy. Thanks
    And you are right, Nalvaudi. Energy/mana costs will definately make the healing be a meaningful thing.
    Georgevonfranken, you know you love it.

Thanks everyone. I am starting to see the big picture a little clearer now that a few details have the shading.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Just found a GW2 'Traits' builder someone made from current public content. Pretty damn cool.

http://gw2.revgaming.net/Home/TraitsTool/
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Well done mate, good to see the game gets the attention it deserves.
    BTW for people interested in more info check out the Guild wars 2 guru (forum) site.
    "It's Better To Burn Out than To Fade Away"

Quote Originally Posted by swiftfeet View Post
    A link to the Video Manifesto should be up there, it's what got alot of players excited about the game, me included.

Here it is: http://www.guildwars2.com/en/media/videos/
    ..is now playing...Minecraft!
    ^^^^
    ^^^^
    IS THE NEW MMO^^^^^^^MINECRAFT!!! lawl.

Well it's no MMO, but it's fun..for now (especially after 6 years of wow) XD

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Great writeup, Snowy. Thanks
    And you are right, Nalvaudi. Energy/mana costs will definately make the healing be a meaningful thing.
    Georgevonfranken, you know you love it.

Thanks everyone. I am starting to see the big picture a little clearer now that a few details have the shading.
    I actually dont because i mostly am only on here for a short period of time so i dont have time to read the 20 walls of text

---------- Post added 2011-04-27 at 12:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post
    Just found a GW2 'Traits' builder someone made from current public content. Pretty damn cool.

http://gw2.revgaming.net/Home/TraitsTool/
    very nice me likey

The game without tanks cannot exist. Either DPS are reduced to 1-2 abilities (like in Diablo), or boss is big dummy on the pole (like in most singleplayer games). In proper MMO you need the tank.
    That mentality is what makes so many WoW clone around there.
    Game design is not an exact science set in stone. It evolves.

Claiming that something is impossible (an MMO without tanks) just because you don't how to do it... that's arrogance, not an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftfeet View Post
    Well it's no MMO
    Please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by DeanyKong View Post
    Please explain.
    He talked about minecraft wich is a sandbox building video game, it has an multiplayer but isn't an mmo as far as I know.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

The Patient
    Tomorrow, April 28th, will be Guild Wars 6th anniversary. Hopefully we will see a special reveal for Guild Wars 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    He talked about minecraft wich is a sandbox building video game, it has an multiplayer but isn't an mmo as far as I know.
    Ah, I gotcha. The lack of quoting lead me to believe he was on-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by DeanyKong View Post
    Ah, I gotcha. The lack of quoting lead me to believe he was on-topic.
    Ye sorry prob should've quoted. And yes GW2 will be a proper MMO and I for one can not wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Kerstein
    There will be no new reveal tomorrow, it is the Guild Wars Anniversary.
    Source

Sadface, I was looking forward to a Reveal or an Article tomorrow. :/

I started a thread but its not doing well. Im looking forward to guild wars 2 but was curious if there are any set backs to not having a sub fee? I've always been told that sub fees just pay for maintenance and support for the game to allow it to be enjoyed. Does guild wars 2 support lack or is the sub fee theory I have been told true or is it not needed for a game to be successful and the developer still able to make money? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Druxray View Post
    I started a thread but its not doing well. Im looking forward to guild wars 2 but was curious if there are any set backs to not having a sub fee? I've always been told that sub fees just pay for maintenance and support for the game to allow it to be enjoyed. Does guild wars 2 support lack or is the sub fee theory I have been told true or is it not needed for a game to be successful and the developer still able to make money? Thanks
    The first one didn't have subs and it's still going strong, where ArenaNet is gonna make it's after market profits will be a store that sells cosmetic items and other vanity things.

There will probably be a way to buy extra character slots as well. And if they release expansions every year and a half or so it will be more than enough to maintain their servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter