Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Learn to search!

Fury

Might
    Hey, don't demand so much, some people don't got your skills in searching!
    Belief can become reality!

Bah, thanks for the help, thought I had searched everywhere for it >.<

Though it begs the question, why call it Fury and Might when it's the same as Power and Precision?

I saw some more Skill Previews, and I wonder, is the spells really so OP? They use one ability (Churning Earth, as an example), and BAM! Four dead centaurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I saw some more Skill Previews, and I wonder, is the spells really so OP? They use one ability (Churning Earth, as an example), and BAM! Four dead centaurs.
    I'm gonna go with no and it's just for demonstration purposes. But i guess we won't know till we get our hands on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney View Post
    Don't you know the meaning of life?
    Get born.
    Play WoW.
    Snort crack.
    Fuck bitches.
    Die.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I don't know about OP, but I've found some really sick combos. For example, warrior with two maces, Throw Bolas, max out your adrenaline, hit em with skull crack for the 5 second stun, pop signet of might, and get a fully charged obliterate for monster damage.

Quote Originally Posted by nalvaudi View Post
    I'm gonna go with no and it's just for demonstration purposes. But i guess we won't know till we get our hands on it.
    I can't wait, I must kill stuff with angry birds somewhere!

Most likely demonstration purposes swtor videos do the same thing with people getting 1 shot

Quote Originally Posted by digitalize View Post
    why do you think so
    Guns, turrets and grenades?
    I can play an exact replica of my Modern Warfare toon in an MMO! What is more awesome than that?

*fingers crossed for an AC-130 ability*
    :P
    Last edited by HazardYo; 2011-05-25 at 09:42 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Discipline priests we heard you like shields that heal, so we put shield in your shield so you can heal while you heal.
    For the first half of geological time our ancestors were bacteria. Most creatures still are bacteria, and each one of our trillions of cells is a colony of bacteria.
    Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Bah, thanks for the help, thought I had searched everywhere for it >.<

Though it begs the question, why call it Fury and Might when it's the same as Power and Precision?
    Because Power and Precision are Stats and Fury and Might are Boons(buffs)

Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    Because Power and Precision are Stats and Fury and Might are Boons(buffs)
    Also, this way, you can accurately say "I HAVE FURY!"

It was stated before that skills will not do as much dmg in the real game as they do in skill videos. it's just for dramatic effects

Linking this assuming it's not linked yet, there's a video explaining stuff very well. (also about SWToR)

4:00 - 14:17
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

The skill videos were setup for that kind of effect. It won't be like that in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Linking this assuming it's not linked yet, there's a video explaining stuff very well. (also about SWToR)
    I liked what this guy had to say. The one thing i disagree with him on was his worry about having Wiki's and other resources like WoW Head and such. Just because dynamic events are themselves dynamic doesn't mean people can't share information about them. It will just be things like this i think:

"if you finish these 2 parts of <insert event> but fail the 3rd part a super cool boss shows up that you can fight but if you finish part 3 the event is over. Failing part 3 and fighting that boss is a lot of fun you should try it."

Instead of information like this..... "Terrorpane has a 12 hour respawn rate happy hunting...."

Just because information is dynamic doesn't mean it can't be discussed. I think it gives us more information TO discuss. That's my take on it though.

On the SW:ToR note, his concerns with companions has me a little worried that this game is going to end up being too single player like mass effect. I'm all for a good story but not at the expense of me being able to play with my friends. One thing i like about GW2 personal story is that you can invite your friends to participate in it. I'm not sure if SW:ToR offers this. But they darn well better.

my 2 cents. Thanks for the video.
    Get born.
    Play WoW.
    Snort crack.
    Fuck bitches.
    Die.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    VID
    Dude needs a smaller mic...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

I think that "speech" was linked way back. It wasn't in video form but just in text as a blog-post. Now, I noticed the same error, or maybe I am wrong, but GW2 doesn't even have tanking, healing and DPSing. He says that every class will be able to tank, heal, DPS, control and support, like every class would be a hybrid. But isn't that wrong? From what I've understood there's no such thing as tanking and healing and most of the damage you will have to avoid. Or am I wrong?

Both Shatterer, human elemental event/horn worm event and all creatures in those demo videos have health, damage, and all ability effects reduced.. for demo purposes.
    Demo is limited to 1h as far as i know, everything is much easier than the version that will go live because they wanted ppl to experience more than they would usually be able to + theres around 200-300 players on those demo servers scattered all over the world.. events like Shatterer and such should have alot more people involved than shown in those videos.

Any argument that something dies so fast or OP vs some npcs or something too easy doesn't make any sence.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerken View Post
    I think that "speech" was linked way back. It wasn't in video form but just in text as a blog-post. Now, I noticed the same error, or maybe I am wrong, but GW2 doesn't even have tanking, healing and DPSing. He says that every class will be able to tank, heal, DPS, control and support, like every class would be a hybrid. But isn't that wrong? From what I've understood there's no such thing as tanking and healing and most of the damage you will have to avoid. Or am I wrong?
    The idea is that every class will have the ability to perform roles so you aren't pigeon holed into taking a warrior for a tank and a priest for a healer and <insert dps classes>. You are right in saying you will have to avoid damage. But there are LIMITED healing abilities for when you do take damage. If you haven't watched it already i suggest watching the GW2 Manifesto video on guildwars2.com to get the best idea of what it is that they are wanting their system to do.

Hope this helps
    Get born.
    Play WoW.
    Snort crack.
    Fuck bitches.
    Die.

The Patient
    There is no tanking, healing, or dps in GW2. It is control, support, and damage and all professions are able to do each. There will be no tanks that just sit there, build threat, and take all the damage like most MMOs. There still we be a threat system, but anyone can get attacked and the point of the combat system is to get the enemy down will keeping yourself and others alive. You can sit and take damage if you like, but it isn't going to be very helpful to you or your group.

-Support roles will help reduce damage done to the group by using reflection/deflection skills and also can use healing / utility skills to help out the group.
    -Control roles will help control the battlefield by slowing, dazing, or crippling enemies and using other crowd control methods
    -Damage role is self explanatory

Now you can pick certain weapon sets and traits that make you better at a certain role, but you still can do each role at anytime.
    Last edited by Relente; 2011-05-26 at 08:40 PM.

The idea is that every class will have the ability to perform roles so you aren't pigeon holed into taking a warrior for a tank and a priest for a healer and <insert dps classes>. You are right in saying you will have to avoid damage. But there are LIMITED healing abilities for when you do take damage. If you haven't watched it already i suggest watching the GW2 Manifesto video on guildwars2.com to get the best idea of what it is that they are wanting their system to do.

Hope this helps
    Well, it seems you have some reading up to do

@Ampd413: yeah, that's what I was thinking about. As a WoW-player, I never really count support and control as roles, but I guess that's just a handicap from sticking with the trinity for so long.

But yes, seems like there are people actually saying they "know" about this stuff and actually getting it wrong. It's really bad when a guy like him on MMOrgue tells the ones following him the wrong info. That could turn into some negative marketing, unintentionally, for ArenaNet.