Quote Originally Posted by larix View Post
    To all of you wow players, tanking in in GW2 will work mostly like last phase of chimaeron when your tanks died, or when your tank died and you try to kite boss for last 5% w/o him with difference that it wont always one shot non tanks
    Well said...

10+ Year Old Account
    So excited for tomorrow, it's kind of ridiculous.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing I'm most excited about are trait tree changes that hopefully are for the better. Also praying there's a pvp video with a mesmer using dual swords.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    So excited for tomorrow, it's kind of ridiculous.
    I'm excited as hell for the beta, but not for the math exam I have to get up at 5am tomorrow to get ready for...

Will need to sleep some when i get home again to be able to pull an all nighter before I have to leave early saturday morning to work my ass off at my brothers new house to get it ready before they move in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Don't think there's any pros by using a sword in your off-hand for PvP I bet most will use a torch for the stealth+fire.
    Temp stealth vs ability to block any attack.

There's pros and cons to both.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Man, I'd be a more excited about the beta if I could play it. This weekend is just bad timing. Replacing all of the windows in the house tomorrow and then I work all weekend. Grrr....most I'll be to play is maybe late saturday night.

Deleted
    Hey guys does someone know how late the beta goes live in EU ( paris time GMT+1)?

Quote Originally Posted by External View Post
    Hey guys does someone know how late the beta goes live in EU ( paris time GMT+1)?
    11:59 PM PDT on the 29.

So.. I think 9 AM on the 30th?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but I see no good reason for a mesmer to be in melee range.
    Sword/X mesmers will be in melee range anyways. Did you know there's a trait that causes Shatter effects to come from you in addition to your illusions?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Yeah but I see no good reason for a mesmer to be in melee range.
    mesmers going to be in melee range weather they like it or not.

Its playstyle.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I'm still stuck at "1 file remaining" at download... anyone know if there is anything I can do/check?
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    I'm still stuck at "1 file remaining" at download... anyone know if there is anything I can do/check?
    Close the downloader, and run the .exe again. If all three files are in the same folder, your download will not reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Exit and relaunch gw2.exe

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

You're probably right, but I would still prefer the stealth as my defensive ability.
    Problem with stealth is you still take damage even though it won't break it.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    But how do we know your alt isn't just farming cookies for your main
    Because... because... *sigh* I don't know...

Also guys, I have a really stupid question, which I'm a bit too tired to look up and I hope you guys can answer.
    If I want to get my elite racial skill as fast as possible, is my best chance to go over to the mists and try it out when I'm bumped up to 80? Or do you not get skill points during the bumping up of level in the mists?
    I know they're not particulary good but the friend I'm playing with is SUPER excited to turn into a norn-bear, even if just to see how it looks.
    Thanks guys!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    Because... because... *sigh* I don't know...

Also guys, I have a really stupid question, which I'm a bit too tired to look up and I hope you guys can answer.
    If I want to get my elite racial skill as fast as possible, is my best chance to go over to the mists and try it out when I'm bumped up to 80? Or do you not get skill points during the bumping up of level in the mists?
    I know they're not particulary good but the friend I'm playing with is SUPER excited to turn into a norn-bear, even if just to see how it looks.
    Thanks guys!
    Yeah, go to the mists and you will be able to equip it.

So?

It gives you a chance to get away.
    Can you spam stealth?

One of the reasons I hate stealth classes is the fact that you can sneak behind a player, do high dmg and stealth away before CC fades and/or the player has a chance to react. Repeat ad-nauseum.
    I'm still thinking about it...

Quick question, does the personal story quest line require you to level in your race's starting area? I would assume it does but it would be awesome if I could do it in the other race's questing areas.

Deleted
    1 day 14 minutes left... time goes slowwwww (is a ping of 216 Ms good or bad?)

Quote Originally Posted by Dyondegekstee View Post
    1 day 14 minutes left... time goes slowwwww (is a ping of 216 Ms good or bad?)
    Bad, unless you live in Australia.

You want <100 ms really, anything more and there's a very noticeable delay in the game. Melee essentially becomes unplayable once you get to 300+