Deleted
    I didn't feel like making a new topic for this and I suppose this is a good a spot as any to ask.

Is there any news from ANet regarding different types of realms? More specifically any chance of realms where a characternaming policy is enforced? I dunno about you guys but I hate running around with people called mesmesmesmerXOXO, warriorDK, thisisnotazeroth ( srsly saw one like that this weekend), etc

Quote Originally Posted by Thustra View Post
    I didn't feel like making a new topic for this and I suppose this is a good a spot as any to ask.

Is there any news from ANet regarding different types of realms? More specifically any chance of realms where a characternaming policy is enforced? I dunno about you guys but I hate running around with people called mesmesmesmerXOXO, warriorDK, thisisnotazeroth ( srsly saw one like that this weekend), etc

Yes there's info about it;

No specific realms (ie. RP/PvP/PvE etc)
    No aussie/asian realms

And Guild Wars never had a name restriction (unless it's offending)

Quote Originally Posted by Thustra View Post

Not very likely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Yes there's info about it;

No specific realms (ie. RP/PvP/PvE etc)
    No aussie/asian realms

And Guild Wars never had a name restriction (unless it's offending)
    thanks.. and well I was playing some GW 1 right now which brought the question to mind. It's too bad, I have to say it does kinda ruin the immersion for me. On the other hand of course it's easier to see which players to avoid.

Deleted
    So, What about the technical side? I've heard that GW2 isn't optimized yet (I really hope it isn't). I ran the game horribly in most out door situations, if there was more than 10 people on my screen I would drop down to 4-5 fps. Out by myself I was pulling 50-60 no problem, so it kind of ruined WvW for me.
    think 2 problems on your side - my fps was fine

1. first win7 set gw2.exe in taskmanager always on lowest priority - you can rightclick and set it to high, was for me like 20-30 fps more in combat
    2. in known issues u can read overtakt CPU bring shitty performance - set it to normal and its fine

ye its not optimized now - gw2 use only 1 core and use not rly the gpu

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Not very likely.
    If by 'not very likely' you mean 'they specifically said they will not have them', then yeah it's not very likely. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inora View Post
    1. first win7 set gw2.exe in taskmanager always on lowest priority - you can rightclick and set it to high, was for me like 20-30 fps more in combat
    Only when you alt+tabbed out of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inora View Post
    This made a big deal for me when I was playing. Definitely recommend it.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    This made a big deal for me when I was playing. Definitely recommend it.
    Gotta remember that in 24 days

Sorry if this has been posted -- but it is a great accumulation of suggestions on the anet forums that needs as much attention as it can get: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...tribute/page/1

Needs to stay on the front page!

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Sorry if this has been posted -- but it is a great accumulation of suggestions on the anet forums that needs as much attention as it can get: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...tribute/page/1

Needs to stay on the front page!
    Is it me or do 90% of those sugestions come from ppl playing wow.
    Some that stood out: we need a definate number on bars, we need a castbar, out of range bar, target of target, follow player, calendar/clock,...
    Most of those are handled pretty well just look at animations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    This is pretty accurate, yes. A lot of the people on the official forums are desperately trying to make GW2 just like WoW.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Some that stood out: we need a definate number on bars, we need a castbar, out of range bar, target of target, follow player, calendar/clock,...
    Most of those are handled pretty well just look at animations.
    More MMOs than WoW have enemy castbars.
    More MMOs than WoW have an indicator of when someone is out of range (it is especially important in a game that you can use skills even if someone is out of range. Although not having one raises the skill ceiling, so I personally do not want one, I can understand why it is an issue)
    More MMOs than WoW have definite numbers on.. wait, what does that even mean? Do you mean that your bars should show your hotkeys when you rebind? Because they should, it's silly that they don't.
    More MMOs than WoW have target of target.
    More MMOs than WoW have follow player.
    More MMOs than WoW have a calendar/clock.

Now if you say "Most of these suggestions seem to be from MMO players" it would be accurate.
    Then again, GW2 is an MMO. It's pretty obvious that the people playing it will have played MMOs.

I should've said WoW-type games you're right.

Thing is those aren't Issues at all, just look at the animations (that's why they're there).

Imo the gw2 combat feels a lot more like an FPS than an rpg, you should simply know when something is in or out of range (or try to hit it)
    With definate numbers I mean healtbars etc showing X amount of hp or X% of hp. If the bar is haflway their hp is 50% it is THAT simple.
    I ment an enemy castbar, castbars are already in gw2.
    And no binds don't need to come up at all. If you rebind you should be able to remember them. If you don't rebind, it's pretty damn straightforward skills 1-5 are triggered by buttons 1-5, I don't see why someone would need help remembering that.

Nearly all those changes are going to turn GW2 into another look at shit tons of stuff but nothing of that stuff has to do anything with the game.
    I'm really scared that they'll make gw2 all about meters instead of what it should be.
    http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5716/watlt5.jpg comes to mind...

And I know a lot of MMO's have those but that's the thing, GW2 is being different.

While agree that a lot of people try to squeeze GW2 into the WoW box ... being different from WoW just for the sake of being different is a bad idea. Mostly because there is a reason WoW is the single best MMO (or most successful, or whatever, let's not get hung up on semantics). And if you notice ... a lot of the suggestions have nothing at all to do with core game mechanics but instead basic quality of life things that you'd expect from a modern mmo.

Making an inferior game just to not be like WoW (when a lot of the suggested features are in most all MMOs) is just silly. GW2 is revolutionary enough (and fun as hell) but a lot of those suggestions are improvements.

Making a better camera, that zooms out more does not a wow clone make -- neither does adding a clock or calendar, target of target, warnings when you are targeted, modifiable keybinds, or most of the other stuff on that list.

I mean ... look at the chat function (beta is beta?) ... it is FAR inferior than WoW. And Anet is always harping about how important community is and the key function for communicating is terrible. But it's not like WoW, so hooray?

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting pot about boons on the official forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Peters
    It prioritizes targets.

For enemies:
    1) Your selected target assuming they are in range.
    2) enemies based on proximity to you.

For allies:
    1) party members based on proximity to you
    2) non party members based on proximity to you.

Hope that helps.
    They also only effect a total of 5 players.

Well I agree with certain things that could be improved, like the chat. But other things like enemies having castbars, no. Hopefully ArenaNet can separate the good suggestions and criticism from the bad or not necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well I agree with certain things that could be improved, like the chat. But other things like enemies having castbars, no. Hopefully ArenaNet can separate the good suggestions and criticism from the bad or not necessary.
    Yeah. The bad thing about having such a LARGE list of suggestions is that 1) priority becomes unclear and 2) there are some things on there that are not needed and its brings less credence to the stuff that NEEDS changed.

GW2 is amazingly fun (core mechanics), but it is far from ready, imo. A lot of these suggestions would improve the game drastically, while still keeping it unique.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Interesting pot about boons on the official forum.They also only effect a total of 5 players.
    Wait, so if I use "For Great Justice!" on my Warrior, it only effects 5 people?

If I use an Aura combined with the Powerful Auras trait on my Elementalist, only 5 people get it? D:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

---------- Post added 2012-05-01 at 10:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    While agree that a lot of people try to squeeze GW2 into the WoW box ... being different from WoW just for the sake of being different is a bad idea.
    Not entirely. Those suggestions are most definitely NOT improvements a lot of the time. Some are worth it, but most are just because people are too accustomed to WoW. People need to understand how the combat system functions before trying to go "But WoW ROGUES get perma-stealth, why can't GW2 Thieves?!" or something equally ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Why is that a bad suggestion exactly?

The game is far from perfectly designed. Not every decision they made is super duper awesome.