Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post
    Im so glad to see so many people are already excited about playing and the game isn't even close to release. this is gonna be huge.
    Hopefully the game doesn't get TOO many of the WoW crowd, though. I've had a whole lifetime of logging into a game and seeing "ANAL ANAL THUNDERFURY ANAL OBAMA IS KENYAN ANAL [For the Children] ANAL ANAL TRLOLOLOL!!1!!!11!eleven111!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGX View Post
    Hopefully the game doesn't get TOO many of the WoW crowd, though. I've had a whole lifetime of logging into a game and seeing "ANAL ANAL THUNDERFURY ANAL OBAMA IS KENYAN ANAL [For the Children] ANAL ANAL TRLOLOLOL!!1!!!11!eleven111!!"
    That wont happen, the Guild Wars devs care ALOT for their players, those people will probably be banned fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrabblet View Post
    99 pages of GW on the thread, 99 pages of GW! Add one more, talk in there, 100 pages of GW on the thread!

OT: I'm actually really excited for GW2. I can't decide between a broadsword/bow Warrior, Daggers/Gun Thief, or Necromancer.
    I will make every freaking class because they are all awesome
    I not sure if i start with necromancer(usually my main) or warrior(its just epic to be a warrior)
    Maybe i will start with warrior, i mean, i already liked the epicness of warriors combat, and i love bows, AND IN GW2 WARRIORS USE FRIGGIN BOWS OMFGOMFGOMFGOMGOMFG

Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    I will make every freaking class because they are all awesome
    I not sure if i start with necromancer(usually my main) or warrior(its just epic to be a warrior)
    Maybe i will start with warrior, i mean, i already liked the epicness of warriors combat, and i love bows, AND IN GW2 WARRIORS USE FRIGGIN BOWS OMFGOMFGOMFGOMGOMFG
    Yeah it is pretty badass that you can be a Warrior Archer if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post
    That wont happen, the Guild Wars devs care ALOT for their players, those people will probably be banned fast.
    That's the beauty of the free B2P model, no $15/month safety net.
    Last edited by Mif; 2011-05-29 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    That's the beauty of the free B2P model, no $15/month safety net.
    Hells yeah, keeps people in line.

Anyone know if GW2 will have talent specs?

I'm aware of how the weapons changes your abilities etc. I haven't heard anything about specs or seen any info on it, so i'm guessing it's a no.

What do you guys think abou centaurs taking over the city? i think its amazing but it seems easy to defend the first stage of this event.
    I hope it wont become something that only happens when everyone let them take the city just to see what happens, but it will probably be like this as this event will occur many times a day.

So, has ANET said anything about unique and hard events? maybe weekly or monthly but something really challeging. I'd love to see the entire server fighting for the city on a epic battle that may last for hours depending on how good the players are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorx View Post
    Anyone know if GW2 will have talent specs?

I'm aware of how the weapons changes your abilities etc. I haven't heard anything about specs or seen any info on it, so i'm guessing it's a no.
    Has far has i know its only a trait system which is alot different then a talent system

I'm buying this game, I don't care if the community sucks (although that would put a damper on things).

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Has far has i know its only a trait system which is alot different then a talent system
    Hot dam. ~100 traits per profession, combined with diff abilities based on weapons.

I only glanced at the details but there definitely seems to be a lot more to the game than i thought. seems like a broader version talent specs or sorta like glyphs
    Last edited by Sorx; 2011-05-29 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koshun View Post
    I'm buying this game, I don't care if the community sucks (although that would put a damper on things).
    It surely couldn't be worse than the WoW community.

Hopefully the idiots from WoW don't migrate to GW2.... ( not saying all wow players are idiots just saying alot of em are >.>). I quit wow for two reasons. boredom , and horrible community ( again not all people are bad just alot)

Guild Wars is defiantly worth looking at. Based on what has been shown, the aesthetics of the game, are jaw-dropping. From the scale, the graphics, the music and character design, everything gives the feeling of professionalism and effort. It actually challenges WoW in terms of an unified motif, and it manages to be sufficiently unique. That's something that most modern MMOs have fallen flat on their faces with.

There is also a lot of depth in the mechanics, and that's a good thing.

All in all, it seems like it could actually challenge WoW.

speaking of GW2, i just bought EoTN sinc eit was 10 bucks (half off atm)

doing asura quests.. the one that says go through shards of orr since that leads to Gadd's Encampment is pissing me off big time.

the mobs in there are ridiculous since im alone doing all this with just heroes. :/

Stop being bad.. everything can be done with heroes even in hard mode

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Indeed, I haven't even got EotN yet, so I'm only aiming for ~20. Can't buy it during the sale since stupid online store doesn't accept my card type. =.=
    You do need to have EotN in order to get the HoM rewards in GW2. Eye of the North serves as the bridge between GW1 and GW2 and is required for the rewards. Just FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    What do you guys think abou centaurs taking over the city? i think its amazing but it seems easy to defend the first stage of this event.
    I hope it wont become something that only happens when everyone let them take the city just to see what happens, but it will probably be like this as this event will occur many times a day.

So, has ANET said anything about unique and hard events? maybe weekly or monthly but something really challeging. I'd love to see the entire server fighting for the city on a epic battle that may last for hours depending on how good the players are.
    I believe they said dynamic events were on different reset cycles - some might be weekly, or some monthly, or longer. Remember, if the centaurs take the village, they're gonna hold it, and potentially attack more places if you don't stop them etc. etc. I would be very surprised if the same event happened several times a day, or even several times a week.

Given that events scale with the players present, I can't see any event starting out needing the whole server, but the whole server could get involved if it wanted to.

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-gam...ents-overview/ gives plenty of info, although I skim-read it and couldn't spot anything on the reset times, will try and dig that up but I think it may be a video from one of the panels at some con or other.

Edit to add:
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...ve-t10743.html
    Title: Do all dynamic events have a reset state?
    Last edited by Sapho; 2011-05-29 at 07:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    All you have to do at the moment to get those 3 points is to own Eye Of The North. This is why:

oh, nice...thx alot ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Scrabblet View Post
    99 pages of GW on the thread, 99 pages of GW! Add one more, talk in there, 100 pages of GW on the thread!

OT: I'm actually really excited for GW2. I can't decide between a broadsword/bow Warrior, Daggers/Gun Thief, or Necromancer.
    aaand 100 pages it is :P