10+ Year Old Account
    Soto part 3

Wizard Vault Refresh for Tuesday patch

Road map

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/t...n-february-27/
    Last edited by PACOX; 2024-02-22 at 07:48 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I'm keeping expectations in check after the last update, but hoping this is a bit meatier with the new weapon and legendary armor 1.0. They did update the armor for charr to give more neck covering but...yeah even on legendary armor charr will forever be saddled with bad clipping issues and jank.

Oh well, got my AA capped so I'm ready to start getting the bits I want from the next slate of rewards. That cat chair is gonna be super common but damnit, I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm keeping expectations in check after the last update, but hoping this is a bit meatier with the new weapon and legendary armor 1.0. They did update the armor for charr to give more neck covering but...yeah even on legendary armor charr will forever be saddled with bad clipping issues and jank.

Oh well, got my AA capped so I'm ready to start getting the bits I want from the next slate of rewards. That cat chair is gonna be super common but damnit, I love it.
    Charrs armor is a sad state. Something like taurens in wow. 90% of everything looks like shit, but when you get actually awesome look EVERYTHING clicks better than in any other race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Long Cat is back, and this time it has spread to all the races.

Image stolen from reddit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally getting an inspect feature

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/new...ic-inspection/

Article also talks about various QoL projects they've completed. Hints at a texture refresh thanks to DX11. Some backend tech they unlocked/came up with (say that because Anet has openly struggled with the games engine since launch).

And first still of expansion 5, which comes out this year.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Hints at a texture refresh thanks to DX11. Some backend tech they unlocked/came up with (say that because Anet has openly struggled with the games engine since launch).
    I'm still old enough to 'memba when they were shit talking a DX11 upgrade saying it wouldn't provide many performance improvements (it did) or other benefits (it has, and is still bringing them).

As much as I love their backend and hope they can make that work with other tech so they can continue operating games that have functionally zero downtime, I cannot fucking wait for them to abandon this fucking archaic engine. I'm tired of frequently getting 7 FPS in Amnytas because I happened to turn my camera towards teh center of the zone and not being able to have more than a handful of players on my screen at once without the game chugging and turning into a fucking slideshow.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm still old enough to 'memba when they were shit talking a DX11 upgrade saying it wouldn't provide many performance improvements (it did) or other benefits (it has, and is still bringing them).

As much as I love their backend and hope they can make that work with other tech so they can continue operating games that have functionally zero downtime, I cannot fucking wait for them to abandon this fucking archaic engine. I'm tired of frequently getting 7 FPS in Amnytas because I happened to turn my camera towards teh center of the zone and not being able to have more than a handful of players on my screen at once without the game chugging and turning into a fucking slideshow.
    Are they going to switch engines?

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Are they going to switch engines?
    For GW2, absolutely not.

But last I recall they're confirmed to be working with UE5 for their other project(s).