Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    That sounds pretty awesome, so basically they're moving away from the Ranger using bows at close range and having a way to deal with meleers more efficiently. Not saying that it was bad in the first one, but it didn't make a whole lot of sense and was an annoying cross moving from GW to WoW Ranger/ hunter.
    Short bows are Mid to close range. Short bows get bonuses for attacking from the side and behind and allow attacking while moving. Not sure what other weapons get as bonuses. Long bows are for mid to long ranged and require the ranger to be stationary to attack.

Ranger can also use Swords (Main hand only), Axes (Main and Off-hand), Dagger (Off-hand), plus Torch (Off-Hand), and Warhorn (Off-Hand). Those weapons are more than stat sticks and the Ranger is supposedly going to be viable when using them. You won't play a Ranger (effectively) in melee the same way you would effectively play a Warrior, Guardian, or Thief and the weapon combos you select will change the way you play them effectively. Each melee possibility seems to be vastly different gameplay styles for each class/profession and each weapon combo. So you have a lot of options for finding a playing style you prefer.

P.S. I just find boomerang Axes to be more than a bit silly.... -_-'

Quote Originally Posted by Glwys View Post
    Hm, I just might have to check this out. I'm always looking for new games to try, any word on if they'll have a trial option? I mean, yeah it's great that it's buy to play and all, but I don't want to just jump in immediately...
    ArenaNet has made mention of having an open beta at some point after they have a closed beta. They stated that the open beta would give them a better idea on when they can release the game. That is old data though so not sure if it is still valid. Also, ArenaNet has stated that they understand that players now see a beta as a demo rather than an actual beta so they want to make sure the game is pretty much polished before they have one.
    Last edited by Snowy; 2011-04-25 at 04:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget the screen shots. It makes the page come alive and seperates sections so eyes don't cross so bad.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    P.S. I just find boomerang Axes to be more than a bit silly.... -_-'
    Oh I completely understand.

It's kind of a shame they took out Dual Proffing though, I'm gonna miss my R/W riposte builds.... Or W/E super tank builds...

LONGEST DAMN FIGHT EVER!
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

but I still don't know .... can you jump ?!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HiTmAn47 View Post
    Are you fucking me?

Pretty sure he is just joking around.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTmAn47 View Post
    Yes..... YOU CAN FINALLY JUMP IN GUILD WARS 2!!!

Deleted
    You could also add GW2 logo on top of the OP.
    And few screenshots, since many do not want to read all of that.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2011-04-25 at 08:24 AM.

If you need some images to break up the text a bit, I'd recommend here:

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/gallery/

They have masses of concept art and screenshots to choose from. This one is a personal fav of mine!
    Last edited by Mothhive; 2011-04-25 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Has there been any recent updates regarding the dynamic quest system that some of us may not have heard about?

With classes such as the dual pistol toting thief that can continuously roll backwards while shooting, how are the deva addressing class balance? It seems like that move alone would destroy melee trying to close the gap.
    ---> <youtube>/watch?v=bZ_88M3mAFQ - I can't post videos yet. (Maybe someone who can will repost this?)

Just break out your bow/gun and give him some of his own medicine. Also, energy used to dodge, tumble, et cetera will deplete itself if you continually use it, and you'll leave yourself a sitting duck (it depletes faster than it regenerates, you can see that in the video too).

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    ---> <youtube>/watch?v=bZ_88M3mAFQ - I can't post videos yet. (Maybe someone who can will repost this?)

Just break out your bow/gun and give him some of his own medicine. Also, energy used to dodge, tumble, et cetera will deplete itself if you continually use it, and you'll leave yourself a sitting duck (it depletes faster than it regenerates, you can see that in the video too).
    Reposting video

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    For anyone new to GW2, I would recommend checking out:
    http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1013691...Wars-2-Dynamic -The developers describe what dynamic events actually are and give more details about the structure of the game.
    GDC 2010 Videos - Developer demo footage
    GDC 2011 Gameplay - Guardian, Thief, and more professions.
    PAX East 2011 Profession Gameplay - More Guardian / Thief gameplay
    PAX East 2011 Developer Panel - Explains a lot of what GW2 is like and there are a lot Q/A
    Last edited by Relente; 2011-04-25 at 02:15 PM.

10 minutes of GW2 combat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRI_twOZ8hI

Link courtesty of Tholl

Turned that vid off after 60 seconds, couldn't bare looking at fire particles that look like someone conjured up on microsoft paint.
    Was gonna check this game out til i watched that xD

I would like to add some reinforcement to the OP by adding some little-known-facts about the GW game universe in general. This would help naysayers become convinced that the GW franchise has never been and never will be a WoW clone.

WoW was released November 24, 2004.
    Guild Wars was released April 28, 2005.
    It is safe to assume both games were in development close around the same time, with only a five month difference in release time.

Guild Wars 2 is a very prideful and bold game, little to nothing in Guild Wars 2 is taken directly from WoW. The game takes much from the original Guild Wars and reinvents it completely. This means many things have been discarded and many things have been reshaped. It is not feared that the re-imagining of Guild Wars in its sequel will scare away original subscribers seeing as Guild Wars 2 is original in almost every sense of play. From the landscapes, to using abilities, and questing; Guild Wars 2 is, by a hair, completely different from WoW. It's also completely free.

Again, WoW and Guild Wars 2 have little in common and they should not be compared. The developers have clearly stated that they wish to hold no competition with the WoW mega-force, but coexist with it. Which is a very good business model. It's also possible for them to coexist seeing as WoW is a traditional MMORPG and Guild Wars 2 is a bold, fun, and action packed revision of the classic MMORPG model. I hope this helps to clarify that Guild Wars 2 is completely original in its' own right.
    Last edited by LeBoucher; 2011-04-25 at 07:06 PM.
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    Turned that vid off after 60 seconds, couldn't bare looking at fire particles that look like someone conjured up on microsoft paint.
    I'm not impressed with the video either, but this is just silly. You won't play Guild Wars because of the fire particles, but you're playing WoW? That's quite ironic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    Have you seen WoW's fire effects?

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to giving it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Glwys View Post
    Hm, I just might have to check this out. I'm always looking for new games to try, any word on if they'll have a trial option? I mean, yeah it's great that it's buy to play and all, but I don't want to just jump in immediately...
    Well another thing to consider, though it is not a trial! Is the game is only going to be 50-60 bucks, now depending on your wallet, that could be to much of a gamble. but think of it this way, it is free to play, so you could pick up on this game, and not have to worry about a monthly fee at least, should you feel like dropping it.