15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks View Post
    Yes, there will be a store where you can buy items, but ArenaNet has stated the items will be purely cosmetic and are not necessary to play the game.
    so you can't go buy epics
    Battlefield Heroes was supposed to be like this also and had tons of hype...look where they are now. As long as a company sticks to their promise on this it's fine, but they tend to deviate so fast that it's not worth defending them over
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    You know in GW if you by mistake sell/delete/destroy an item there is no way to get it back a lot of people would be really pissed over this, I'm sure they will somehow handle that differently in GW2 but still it won't be WoW like support, and many people expect that.
    Yes I know that, but I never had any use for such thing anyways. Even if I did destroy some rare item in gw1, it wouldn't be big deal when game wasn't so item centric anyways.

Deleted
    Maybe I'll be a Norn instead of Human then. :P

Anyways not sure if this was posted before but I just jizzed myself.[/url]
    No, you didn't. Come on, I like GW2 as well, but that kind of talk is just silly.

My god that pixel figure got a lot of pixels in the upper torso. Why!? Oh WHY!?

Deleted
    Must be kinda cold on the boobs being in the snow and all
    Pretty sure the male Norn can keep them warm later on. :P

Deleted
    Or maybe she prefers a furry charr?
    Half Norn, Half Charr... would be some kind of super humanoidfurrything.

... So much wrong going on in here

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    ... So much wrong going on in here
    Going by logic, the Norn probably do mate, like every other mamal though. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Elixor View Post
    Would´ve loved it to have a monthly fee, shops just feel so wrong to me. And a monthly gives you this "guaranted" feeling that the game is on, and you get "all" the stuff you can ingame.

Pay - Play, all the way.

Will play it anyway, just worried it will NOT be my main game for the whole real cash thing.
    Hey, did you know that WoW has a cash shop and subscriptions?

Deleted
    ^ nope

I thought we were all born, in cabbage patchs D: Now your telling a freaking stalk flew me in butt naked?!

Then you misread it then, I never said that the ingame armors would be in the store.

I meant those that couldn't get the hard to get armor would probably buy some armor from the store.
    I think we're on two separate pages here. I'm telling you that you can't buy armor in the store. Purely cosmetic means cosmetic, not "the same as in-game items, just different looking." I'm saying that you won't be buying some armor from the store, you'll be buying costumes. Being able to buy something that functions the same as something game-changing, just looks different, is not cosmetic, and it does allow users to gain power over others by purchasing things.

I think a WoW analogy might help define these points better.

You're talking about buying a set of epics that are on-par with epics available in-game. This doesn't give you an "advantage" because you can get the equivalents in-game.

This is not going to happen.

I'm talking about buying an item that makes the set of blues you have in-game look like those epics, but still function the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Hey, did you know that WoW has a cash shop and subscriptions?
    No, I´m a purple frog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixor View Post
    No, I´m a purple frog.
    My condolences

I'm not sure why T-stones are an issue. They have said that players will have the ability to acquire them in game (don't know the specifics of that) and for the convenient factor it will be in the store as well. There is no gameplay advantage given here, just a cosmetic one. ArenaNet keeps tabs one what people want and don't want in the store so I'm pretty confident it will be fair. Now whether the prices will be fair, well that will be up to the consumer to decide. I know everyone hates cash shops but you have to get over it, we can't have everything for free. Even subscription games have cash shops.

Deleted

Go big or go home. :P

Every part of me wants to go Norn Ranger just for the shapeshift ability, but then, I'm like. "What part of Norn says "agile?"" I'm at odds trying to reconcile these facts. The only way I'll pacify myself is if I have a regoddamndiculously huge steel bow LotR Urukai style to spear people with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    Every part of me wants to go Norn Ranger just for the shapeshift ability, but then, I'm like. "What part of Norn says "agile?"" I'm at odds trying to reconcile these facts. The only way I'll pacify myself is if I have a regoddamndiculously huge steel bow LotR Urukai style to spear people with.
    What part of Ranger says agile?

Anets description for Ranger in GW2.

The ranger is a jack-of-all-trades and a master of them all as well, relying on his keen eye, steady hand, or the power of nature itself. A master of ranged combat, the ranger is capable of striking unwitting foes from a distance with his bow. With a stable of pets at his command, a ranger can adapt to his opponents' strengths and weaknesses.

Norn suit ranger extremely well lore wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Norn suit ranger extremely well lore wise.
    Not as well as my asura ranger, with his golem battlesuit and jellyfish pet!!!

Nah truthfully I'm currently torn between a elementalist or necromancer. Unless ofc they add a tinker of some sort =)
    Last edited by Chronius; 2011-05-13 at 06:26 PM.

But don't forget that one of "our new heros", Eir Stegalkin is in fact a norn ranger! (this red haired woman)
    Her pet is a wolf called Garm.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral