Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post
    Do you guys know if GW2 will have mounts ? (not flying ones),not that it it imoprtant really.
    I could have sworn that they do, but I have no source, don't quote me.

---------- Post added 2011-05-14 at 01:44 AM ----------

I wish I didn't find the Charr to be so freakin badass... because I just know they will be the bloodelves of GW2 (not the gay part, but the hordes of bad players part :P). I guess I'll just play one anyway and try to be the minority of good Charr.

Do you guys know if GW2 will have mounts ? (not flying ones),not that it it imoprtant really.
    As far as I know. No. They wont. You wont need them either. Fast Travel between cities and waypoints within areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    As far as I know. No. They wont. You wont need them either. Fast Travel between cities and waypoints within areas.
    Ah ok,as i saw in one video, when you are using mounts and especially flying mounts in a game you lose the "scaling" of the world since you can bypass enemies,thank god that GW2 wont have,just asked from curiosity.
    Btw what are the waypoints you mentioned? Is it the same as GW1 in which you can travel instantly from one city to other ?

Ah ok,as i saw in one video, when you are using mounts and especially flying mounts in a game you lose the "scaling" of the world since you can bypass enemies,thank god that GW2 wont have,just asked from curiosity.
    Btw what are the waypoints you mentioned? Is it the same as GW1 in which you can travel instantly from one city to other ?
    No, that's Fast Travel (essentially the same thing really...)

Waypoints are like Resurrection Shrines (or grave yards) that you can pay in-game gold to use as a means of getting around a zone quicker. The further you want to go, the more you have to pay.

You have to get to it first to activate it of course though.
    Last edited by Blznsmri; 2011-05-14 at 09:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

from what I've seen, they said they won't have mounts at launch, but later on they will, but i believe they should only be about a 50-60% speed increase to keep that epic world feeling.

I would rather ride around on a mount than use the fast travel system.

There's a big thread discussing mounts on GW2guru: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...ti-t16098.html

My impression was there are no plans to add them at any time? I don't have a source where they actually state that though, does anyone have a source that suggests they will add them? I'm not arguing, just curious as it seems I've missed some information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

Quote Originally Posted by Earthshockaz View Post
    from what I've seen, they said they won't have mounts at launch, but later on they will, but i believe they should only be about a 50-60% speed increase to keep that epic world feeling.

I would rather ride around on a mount than use the fast travel system.
    They aren't adding them at launch, and it's extremely unlikely that they will later on. The majority of people on gw2guru don't want mounts. The zones are big enough to feel epic but small enough not to need a mount at the same time.

Why do you need a mount really? They ruined the scale of games, look at flying mounts and WoW. The only 'mount' typw of animal mentioned in guild wars, is some cart pulling thing, thats slow as hell. (Don't remember the name of them.)

I've got everything and my GW folder is only about 2.3gigs.
    Well then you don't have everything.

To have a full installation add -image when you start GW - like:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars\Gw.exe" -image
    Last edited by Maklor; 2011-05-14 at 10:54 AM.

Btw, do horses even exist in Tyria ? I completed all the campaigns and i don't remember ever seeing one.

Good point I can't recall seeing any either, only Yaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Verterdegete View Post
    Btw, do horses even exist in Tyria ? I completed all the campaigns and i don't remember ever seeing one.
    I presumme they do, theres skeleton horses that some of the undead mobs ride, so there must be horses. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    I presumme they do, theres skeleton horses that some of the undead mobs ride, so there must be horses. :P
    Maybe they are extinct .

Quote Originally Posted by Verterdegete View Post
    Maybe they are extinct .
    That makes me a sad panda.

They aren't adding them at launch, and it's extremely unlikely that they will later on. The majority of people on gw2guru don't want mounts. The zones are big enough to feel epic but small enough not to need a mount at the same time.

Why do you need a mount really? They ruined the scale of games, look at flying mounts and WoW. The only 'mount' typw of animal mentioned in guild wars, is some cart pulling thing, thats slow as hell. (Don't remember the name of them.)
    Yes flying mounts in WoW did ruin the scale, but some times i still ride around on a ground mount just because i like the feel of it, it makes getting from point a to point b quicker but still gives an epic feel to the game.

i'm not asking for a 100% speed increase mount, just something slightly faster than normal run speed.

Yes flying mounts in WoW did ruin the scale, but some times i still ride around on a ground mount just because i like the feel of it, it makes getting from point a to point b quicker but still gives an epic feel to the game.

i'm not asking for a 100% speed increase mount, just something slightly faster than normal run speed.
    Only problem is, like we said about the only "mount" style animal in the GW games, was Yaks, and they aren't exactly mounts. They go slower than what your character runs, so they wouldn't be much use. :P

Only problem is, like we said about the only "mount" style animal in the GW games, was Yaks, and they aren't exactly mounts. They go slower than what your character runs, so they wouldn't be much use. :P
    Slow walk on the beach with the girl of your dreams?

i have nothing against the fast travel system or the game having no mounts, i will still play it and enjoy it either way, it would just be nice that's all.

But then again there is hardly any use for mounts once you have explored an area since you can just port around in the area.

Found a funny comic from GW2 website (it has been there for a while, d'oh).

what a 1337 post
    Last edited by Dewote; 2011-05-14 at 11:56 AM.
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

devourer mount would rock

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    devourer mount would rock
    yeah im sure that blizz copied the scorpion mount from Guild rewards from GW,i mean they almost look the same.