1. #2001
    Scarab Lord Trollsbane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    When is the new Sylvari info and design coming out?
    Re-posting from last page for info other than the dragon. =p

    My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

  2. #2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    When is the new Sylvari info and design coming out?
    They haven't announced anything yet, but judging by how spaced out the race weeks have been, I'd say the Asura week will be mid June and the Sylvari week will be the final race week in mid August and I'll bet they'll wait till then to do a nice big reveal of the redesign. Hopefully they'll be available to play in the demos at Gamescom and Pax Prime which would be shortly after that week.

    This is pure speculation though, so don't get excited or quote me on any of this!

    ---------- Post added 2011-05-29 at 04:58 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Re-posting from last page for info other than the dragon. =p
    So impatient Trolls! I was already replying!!!

  3. #2003
    Mechagnome suttie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    559
    So do I need to buy Eye of the North to get access to the HoM items? I only ask because it's not included in the guild wars pack on steam.

  4. #2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelos View Post
    The only problem it had was the closed world, you could only meet other people in towns, it kinda sucked. Also, the level cap was only 20 and after that there wasn't much to do if you weren't a competitive PvP player. The PvP and the whole guild system was amazing in the game tho.
    GW was a PvP game, you know?

    I really liked that everything was instanced (well, beyond the "generic instance" that encompasses all of, say, Kalimdor). It meant I didn't have to deal with people getting in my way for quests, farming, etc. It also meant that the graphics could be pumped up, since the data was being sent to fewer clients. Main cities especially benefited from instancing and separate districts.

    Besides, it'd be hard to justify running into another player and his heroes out in the middle of the world when you're using the same heroes. I really like that they're removing heroes and scaling encounters to compensate, though.

  5. #2005
    Quote Originally Posted by suttie View Post
    So do I need to buy Eye of the North to get access to the HoM items? I only ask because it's not included in the guild wars pack on steam.
    Yep, Hom is in EotN, you can get them all off Amazon for cheap, but don't know how much it would cost to get to Australia.

  6. #2006
    Scarab Lord Trollsbane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,484
    Lol. I am impatient when it comes to forums. My guild gives me shit all the time about it.

    I'm like, "Ok guys, what do you want to do in regards to this?"
    One hour goes by.
    "Only one opinion, ok fine, we'll do this then."
    "Um, Trolls? It's been an hour dude. Chill."
    "Oh yeah, huh.... Doh!"

    Anyhow, ok and damn. I want more infos. =(

    My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

  7. #2007
    Mechagnome suttie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Yep, Hom is in EotN, you can get them all off Amazon for cheap, but don't know how much it would cost to get to Australia.
    Yeah shipping would probably cost me an arm and a leg. I'll just get them from steam. Would you recommend spending the extra $10 and getting the trilogy pack or just get the original game on its own?

  8. #2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Yep, Hom is in EotN, you can get them all off Amazon for cheap, but don't know how much it would cost to get to Australia.
    Yes, my advice to anyone if your patient for delivery and your shipping doesnt cost too much, definatly get it from Amazon, cheapest place i have seen.

    ---------- Post added 2011-05-29 at 12:12 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by suttie View Post
    Yeah shipping would probably cost me an arm and a leg. I'll just get them from steam. Would you recommend spending the extra $10 and getting the trilogy pack or just get the original game on its own?
    The HoN guides say its WAY easier to get HoN points with all campaigns.

  9. #2009
    Mechagnome suttie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post
    The HoN guides say its WAY easier to get HoN points with all campaigns.
    Okay I'll do that then. Thanks for the quick replies guys.

  10. #2010
    Nice Thread, I personally can't wait for GW2 to come out. The original was my first MMO and I loved it. Once it's installed on my computer I'll be saying goodbye to Wow, not that I hate wow, but it's just getting old for me.

  11. #2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Lol. I am impatient when it comes to forums. My guild gives me shit all the time about it.

    I'm like, "Ok guys, what do you want to do in regards to this?"
    One hour goes by.
    "Only one opinion, ok fine, we'll do this then."
    "Um, Trolls? It's been an hour dude. Chill."
    "Oh yeah, huh.... Doh!"

    Anyhow, ok and damn. I want more infos. =(
    He he, can see why you started the SWTOR thread now, so you'd have something to occupy your time between news updates from both games!

    It is a little painful not knowing for sure when the next lot of information is coming out though, but at least now they have released their Summer Convention Schedule and said they'll be revealing big surprises at several of them, so that's something to look forward to!

  12. #2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post
    Same thing happened to me, i didnt care anything about guild wars 2 even when i heard of guild wars 2 i didnt check it out like a year or so ago then i looked at it about a week ago and im hooked now.
    The original was a great game and I'm pretty sure a huge number of those people(me included) can't wait to see GW2 and already know how good it's going to be. The bad thing for me is i GAVE away my accounts after I quit once I started wow, so I won't be getting any of the perks from the HOM, yeah dumb move on my part I know. No one will be calling it a Wow killer but those guys really know how to make a good MMO AND it's free to play every month, winner winner!
    Last edited by javadown2; 2011-05-29 at 04:27 PM.

  13. #2013
    Quote Originally Posted by javadown2 View Post
    The original was a great game and I'm pretty sure a huge number of those people(me included) can't wait to see GW2 and already know how good it's going to be. The bad thing for me is i GAVE away my accounts after I quit once I started wow, so I won't be getting any of the perks from the HOM, yeah dumb move on my part I know. No one will be calling it a Wow killer but those guys really know how to make a good MMO AND it's free to play every month, winner winner!

    You could rebuy it. you only need 30/50 points for all the item rewards the rest is just prestige and titles.

    22$+Shipping from Amazon. Or you could check your local stores.
    (For Original+EOTN that is)

  14. #2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    I will make every freaking class because they are all awesome
    I not sure if i start with necromancer(usually my main) or warrior(its just epic to be a warrior)
    Maybe i will start with warrior, i mean, i already liked the epicness of warriors combat, and i love bows, AND IN GW2 WARRIORS USE FRIGGIN BOWS OMFGOMFGOMFGOMGOMFG
    I know I loved the warrior and the necromancer, but I'm kinda sad to see that the Monk class is gone? Anyone remember the GW days when you were a 55 hp monk? Man that was fun soloing stuff and farming, or the earth elementalitst farming in FOW and Underworld for Globs of ectoplasm and soul shards in fissure. Was fun stuff.

    ---------- Post added 2011-05-29 at 04:51 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post
    You could rebuy it. you only need 30/50 points for all the item rewards the rest is just prestige and titles.

    22$+Shipping from Amazon. Or you could check your local stores.
    (For Original+EOTN that is)
    I might just buy it again, but to get everything would take a really long time, especially all the titles. Thanks for the info on Amazon, that is pretty cheap. It doesn't sound like the rewards are that big of deal, and won't give any advantages to game play, just epeen rewards, lol.

  15. #2015
    Quote Originally Posted by javadown2 View Post
    I know I loved the warrior and the necromancer, but I'm kinda sad to see that the Monk class is gone? Anyone remember the GW days when you were a 55 hp monk? Man that was fun soloing stuff and farming, or the earth elementalitst farming in FOW and Underworld for Globs of ectoplasm and soul shards in fissure. Was fun stuff.
    Monks are gone, no healers. which is a good thing, will be fun to be self sufficient on your health and be able to work with your party more. Example, WoW its just DPS do damage, Tanks tank stuff, and healers heal. in GW2 everyone works together and there's cross class combo's.

  16. #2016
    Scarab Lord Blznsmri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,055
    Quote Originally Posted by suttie View Post
    Yeah shipping would probably cost me an arm and a leg. I'll just get them from steam. Would you recommend spending the extra $10 and getting the trilogy pack or just get the original game on its own?
    Get the trilogy pack, and then buy EotN off the Guild Wars store cause its on sale this week.

    ---------- Post added 2011-05-29 at 11:54 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post
    in GW2 everyone works together and there's cross class combo's.
    Not in the sense of GW1 though, its more like, a number of profession skills and abilities interact with each other. As mentioned before, Dual Proffing isn't being reimplemented.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

  17. #2017
    Mechagnome suttie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Get the trilogy pack, and then buy EotN off the Guild Wars store cause its on sale this week.
    Awesome, $20 cheaper than the steam version, thanks.

  18. #2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Not in the sense of GW1 though, its more like, a number of profession skills and abilities interact with each other. As mentioned before, Dual Proffing isn't being reimplemented.
    I never played GW1 til now for HoN, but i think its good that they arent doing that again, like i watched a video and its gonna be way easier for them to balance, before they had to balance over 100 different possibilities.

  19. #2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post
    I never played GW1 til now for HoN, but i think its good that they arent doing that again, like i watched a video and its gonna be way easier for them to balance, before they had to balance over 100 different possibilities.
    It's going to be alot harder to balance actually. Theres many more options for GW2 compared to GW1.

  20. #2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Not in the sense of GW1 though, its more like, a number of profession skills and abilities interact with each other. As mentioned before, Dual Proffing isn't being reimplemented.
    Team synergy has absolutely nothing to do with secondary professions, though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •