Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    No, every race has banded together now to defeat the evil.
    So how does PvP actually go following the Lore? Is it every race against each other or?...

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Definitely a Mesmer. I'll copy/past the GW wiki description for you.

Nice, thanks! Yeah that sounds exactly like an enchanter from EQ1. Definitely looking forward to GW2 but GW1 did not hold my interest at all. I think lacking the persistent world is what killed it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernardblack View Post
    So how does PvP actually go following the Lore? Is it every race against each other or?...
    Server (World, whatever you want to call it) versus Server versus Server (3 world/servers fighting over territorial control of the Mists). For competitive arena pvp it is team versus team based.

If you are looking for lore based background for the pvp, it is sketchy at best. But ArenaNet has to balance gameplay versus the lore of the world to make the best game they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a Battle Mage would fit in this game and it makes me sad there is none.

Question about classes: I've heard it said that there is a defending degree of difficulty for playing each class, and the order they were released in has something to do with it. Can you give a list of the classes in order if what's supposed to be easiest to hardest? Thanks.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post

Question about classes: I've heard it said that there is a defending degree of difficulty for playing each class, and the order they were released in has something to do with it. Can you give a list of the classes in order if what's supposed to be easiest to hardest? Thanks.
    It's meant to be true, but by how complex each is.

It's like Warrior, Elementist, Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Theif, Engineer and Mesmer.

Although some people seem to think because they said the more complex professions were released later, that the eariler ones are easy to master.

Also, battle mage would fit into Ele kind of. Earth Elementist is there to take some beatings!

Iv heard this rumor too, i dont know if its true but..

Elementalist, Warrior, Ranger, Necromancer, Guardian, Thief, Engineer, And Mesmer.
    Last edited by Blizzcon2011; 2011-05-29 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Mesmer

Deleted
    *If* the mesmer is in that is (re: above posts). I mean, it's pretty likely. But it hasn't been officially confirmed yet, so there's still a chance for widespread disappointment and crying.

They could give Mesmers (if they are going to be the last class, which I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really wish for) "Battle Mage" capabilities (as in, melee attacks combined with magic powers), but in theory, the Guardian already is a Battle Mage to large extends.

The Guardian is a battle mage of sorts but I see what Trollsbane is looking for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armond View Post

There's a reason why the game's rated T. If you can't separate fantasy from reality, the game will simply not be fun for you. I myself, for example, have a moral aversion to shooting firearms in real life (though for some reason I'm ok with bows and tomahawks). My objection to the engineer, however, isn't because I don't want to play a character that uses firearms and explosives - it's because I find modern technology out of place in a medieval setting, and also because I simply prefer swords and sorcery to swords, sorcery, and firearms.
    Taken from the guild wars 2 Q&A on their site

Q: Given the engineer’s focus on technology, the profession doesn’t seem to fit within a traditional fantasy setting. Do you feel that the engineer’s mines and grenades and turrets seem out of place in a world of dragons, magic, and swordplay?

A: Since 250 years have passed since the original Guild Wars, technology has advanced a great deal, and we wanted the engineer to personify this progress. And frankly, we didn’t want to feel constrained by typical conventions as to what is or is not acceptable in a fantasy story. Still, the technological revolution represented by the engineer is relatively new and is not widely embraced by all cultures, so you’ll still see plenty of medieval weaponry. The new prominence of technology and hardware in Tyria is an important theme in Guild Wars 2, and the engineer allows us to explore that idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I want a mail wearing, sword swinging, pointblank fireball to the grill flinging, rock armor sporting, fling people away force using, pull people in deathgripping, lightning shock aoe spewing, badass.

Deleted
    Yeah, I want a mail wearing, sword swinging, pointblank fireball to the grill flinging, rock armor sporting, fling people away force using, pull people in deathgripping, lightning shock aoe spewing, badass.
    You want a Guardian, crazy fool.

Note re. Mesmer: not actually confirmed (although everyone seems pretty certain), and also it may not bear much relation to the GW1 mesmer (I think someone quoted the GW1 description a page or two back). My understanding was all the classes that have been carried over have been pretty drastically reworked? Which is a shame, because I am absolutely loving my GW1 mesmer. Seriously, a hex that means your enemies heal themselves to death? I am so gonna keep playing GW1, even when GW2 hits, just to log on and hex something occasionally.

And re. balance: the lack of secondary professions should make things a little easier to balance than in GW1, though it's true the weapon change thing is probably going to make up for the loss of the secondary.

People coming new to the thread/wanting a nice summary/wanting to get psyched again might be interested in this: http://drewciferianisms.blogspot.com...big-thing.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapho View Post
    Note re. Mesmer: not actually confirmed (although everyone seems pretty certain), and also it may not bear much relation to the GW1 mesmer (I think someone quoted the GW1 description a page or two back). My understanding was all the classes that have been carried over have been pretty drastically reworked? Which is a shame, because I am absolutely loving my GW1 mesmer. Seriously, a hex that means your enemies heal themselves to death? I am so gonna keep playing GW1, even when GW2 hits, just to log on and hex something occasionally.

And re. balance: the lack of secondary professions should make things a little easier to balance than in GW1, though it's true the weapon change thing is probably going to make up for the loss of the secondary.

People coming new to the thread/wanting a nice summary/wanting to get psyched again might be interested in this: http://drewciferianisms.blogspot.com...big-thing.html
    If you look up why people think Mesmer it's become obvious why it will be Mesmer.
    It may be reworked but it will be there. Hexes will turn into conditions for GW2, as to how they will play is what people are trying to get ideas for on GW2guru.

Well interrupts are a key ability for a GW Mesmer and it appears GW2 doesn't have interrupts. So that is another aspect that will change for the Mesmer.

That is very, very close to a Guardian, with the difference that a guardian doesn't use "elements".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    You want a Guardian, crazy fool.
    Hehe. Perhaps. Though replace wards and symbols with elemental magics. =D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Server (World, whatever you want to call it) versus Server versus Server (3 world/servers fighting over territorial control of the Mists). For competitive arena pvp it is team versus team based.

If you are looking for lore based background for the pvp, it is sketchy at best. But ArenaNet has to balance gameplay versus the lore of the world to make the best game they can.
    So there is no PvP in a single server?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe. Perhaps. Though replace wards and symbols with elemental magics. =D
    You want an enhance shaman.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Bernardblack View Post
    So there is no PvP in a single server?
    You mean like a PVP server? No.