10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    You want an enhance shaman.
    Ew totems. Lol

See, this is what pisses me off about TOR. I want to play a few classes and use both advanced classes, but I'd have to have seperate toons. I want a Sorcerer healer, but I want a battlemage style Assassin as well. And if course Bounty Hunter. =p

I guess I should read up on the Guardian a bit more.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

I think you might like the Guardian. It's not quite the battle mage you want but it uses symbols, wards, and spirit weapons. It is a combo of a GW protection monk with some Ritualist with some added heavy armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    You mean like a PVP server? No.
    He lies, there will be Completely separate PVP Servers for structured PVP that you start at max level and max gear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4VKhrCDWfg

---------- Post added 2011-05-29 at 05:08 PM ----------

Here's a new video of the little things that arent talked about as much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3uMlHSbPSY

Deleted
    So guys..just thought i would bring this up..it's a bit early, but i wanna throw it out there..

Who's up for creating an MMO-Champion guild when GW2 comes out?

Quote Originally Posted by Ookami-San View Post
    So guys..just thought i would bring this up..it's a bit early, but i wanna throw it out there..

Well i already have about 15 friends that were making a guild together, i will talk to them and if we decide to when it comes closer to release ill do some recruiting.

Deleted
    Would be awesome, I think.
    Though I don't know how well it would work.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm gonna go with my old Guild Wars Guild from a few years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post
    He lies, there will be Completely separate PVP Servers for structured PVP that you start at max level and max gear.

---------- Post added 2011-05-29 at 05:08 PM ----------

Here's a new video of the little things that arent talked about as much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3uMlHSbPSY
    Well that's not true. Everyone has to level 1-80. Theres no PvP servers, we know little about PvP at the moment since they've said basically nothing. The video you linked is a fan video so doesn't prove much.

Theres no deciccated PvP servers, for dedicated PvP your correct though, you join a game and are max level with all your abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post

There isn't a separate PVP server like in WoW or other mmos. Structured pvp is like what you said (all you have to do is complete the tutorial with your character, then enter the pvp lobby or whatever it will be. Then your character will be at an equal level, gear level, and skills as everyone there. That is not the same thing as a pvp server). If you prefer to level in a pvp environment you can just play in the WvWvW area called the Mists. It has RTS elements as well as standard MMOG elements to play with. You can level in there and get gear and all of the other goodies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Don't thank god just yet for the no subscription fees.

You are talking about 49.99 for the game initially since this seems to be a base release price. Every content patch (expansion) will most likely cost around 39.99 since that seems to be a fairly typical expansion price. The real question now becomes how many expansions a year do they plan on making and how big are said expansions going to be? If they release these expansions on the same time frame that WoW did its free content patches during BC or WotLK then you may end up paying more than 15 bucks a month on average if you keep up to date with them.

Even so, I am planning on playing GW2. I will initially play it side by side with WoW but if it lives up to ever a 3rd of the hype I doubt I will continue with WoW much longer.

I am going on record right now. I am usually the first person to flame anyone coming out with the typical, "OMG IT'S THE WOW KILLER OMG OMG OMG" type BS. But the feature being offered in GW2 such as content scaling, dynamic combat, the crafting system, and the removal of the holy trinity system are exactly what people have been asking for. If they deliver on these 4 aspects of the game alone then I feel that WoW will lose its title as the best MMO on the market within 6 months of release. Has anyone also seen the character creation and character biography feature? Those are amazing.
    You've obviously not played GW1 then? Theres 3 stand alone games priced at around £20-30, and then 1 expansion for same price, when they came out. These aren't content updates, since you get then aswell, just like WoW and on around the ssame time frame for content patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    They did that in GW1, and it still proved difficult. Your jumping the gun alittle bit too much.
    GW1 was still by far more balanced than most other MMOs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    I didn't say it was or wasn't. I just said it was still difficult.

Aye. The reality is that MMOs will never be balanced, but I think the pve/pvp split is the way to go at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    I didn't say it was or wasn't. I just said it was still difficult.
    But you said you were doubtful that they'd manage to "balance" it. Considering they did a pretty good job in their first MMO already, I'm pretty confident that GW2 is going to be even more balanced, especially considering the mechanics of the game already make the game harder to be "imbalanced" (with all that active dodging and whatnot it already depends a lot more on skill than simple OPnes).

The PvE/PvP split doesn't really have much to do with that either. It's just a further measure taken to ensure that PvP will be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Don't thank god just yet for the no subscription fees.

You are talking about 49.99 for the game initially since this seems to be a base release price. Every content patch (expansion) will most likely cost around 39.99 since that seems to be a fairly typical expansion price. The real question now becomes how many expansions a year do they plan on making and how big are said expansions going to be? If they release these expansions on the same time frame that WoW did its free content patches during BC or WotLK then you may end up paying more than 15 bucks a month on average if you keep up to date with them.
    If you pay a subscription then are those "free" content patches really free?

10+ Year Old Account
    For those who had questions about pvp....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4VKh...eature=related

(Could someone tell me how to have the video actually show on a post?)
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Someone has actually put together a rough trait and skill calculator from what's been seen in the demos so far. Interesting to play around with.

http://gw2.revgaming.net/Home/TraitsTool/
    Bumbing your great post, awesome tool. ;P

Deleted
    But you said you were doubtful that they'd manage to "balance" it. Considering they did a pretty good job in their first MMO already, I'm pretty confident that GW2 is going to be even more balanced, especially considering the mechanics of the game already make the game harder to be "imbalanced" (with all that active dodging and whatnot it already depends a lot more on skill than simple OPnes).

The PvE/PvP split doesn't really have much to do with that either. It's just a further measure taken to ensure that PvP will be fun.
    No, I didn't say I was doubtful, since I know what Arena Net are capable of. You've read too much into my words.

I said. It's better to doubt then be amazed than to over excited and disappointed.

Use the advanced features on the post editor, use the video option. Or just use the [] with video and /video with the url in between them.

Deleted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4VKh...eature=related

Problem is, he's pulled some info from thin air with that video, since very little has been said about PvP besides WvWvW and structured.