Best place to get factual information is the guild wars 2 wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Well there is no world PvP so it kinda does.
    Actually at gamescon the presenter said there would be world pvp from level 1-80.

World PvP

World PvP takes place in the Mists, an area outside of the Tyria world map. It will be accessable to characters almost immediately from character creation. There is no limit to the number of players which can access World PvP at one time. It has been suggested there could be several hundred characters on each side of a World PvP battle.

Players entering World PvP enter with the level, equipment and skills their character has at that time. They can be sidekicked which allows them to play with or against players of higher level but this does not unlock more abilities for the character.

A player will be restricted from accessing World vs World combat soon after changing worlds.

Mechanics

For up to two weeks three worlds are matched against each other. The match ups favors matching worlds of similar strength or ranking. A world's rank increases as they win more often.[1] During combat there is no direct way for these worlds to communicate with each other.[2]

There are four different WvW battlefield maps one of which is picked when the world are matched up.[2] Each battlefield map is split into 4 sub-maps: a central zone which is initially neutral, and a home map for each of the three worlds participating.[3] Each of the maps is filled with resources and objectives which can be captured by the worlds, including castles, fortresses, mercenary camps, mines, lumber mills and villages. There are NPCs in the maps but they are intended mainly to slow down players so defenders from the other world can join in the fight for the objective. The NPCs are of a defensive nature rather than offensive so are typically less dangerous than another player.[4]

When a new match up starts, players begin in their home map and capture locations there. The resources gained from mines and lumber mills are used to rebuild walls, create siege engines, and generally defend the world's fortress. Once they move to the central map players joining will start at their world's portal keep. From there they capture objectives while dealing with players from other worlds. Play will travel between the central map and home maps as worlds gain and loose footholds. Teams will be able to invade their opponents’ home maps by first going through the center map.[3]

The maps are intended to allow teams of different sizes participate. Larger groups might try a full assault of a keep, but individuals can disrupt supply caravans to weaken defenses or a small group can capture objectives which will stop reinforcements.

Guilds will be able to take and hold keeps.[5]
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_PvP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post
    Actually at gamescon the presenter said there would be world pvp from level 1-80.
    World PvP in GW2 = WvWvW.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    World PvP in GW2 = WvWvW.
    I know, but the other guy tried saying there isnt any world PVP at all.

Deleted
    That's because there isn't. WvWvW is 3 servers put against each other, it's not world PvP like people think world PvP is.

10+ Year Old Account
    So other than dueling, there is no way to fight other people playing around you?

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

No, there's no "World PvP" like there is in WoW, because Arenanet said one of their main design goals was to create a world where you are ALWAYS happy to see other players. World PvP kinda would ruin that, wouldn't it?

So other than dueling, there is no way to fight other people playing around you?
    I'm not even sure if there is dueling. BUT there are hot joinable "PvP" battleground-like things.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    There is no dueling...yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    They said there won't be dueling, since the community didn't want it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah. That's fine I guess.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-05-29 at 10:58 PM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    They said there won't be dueling, since the community didn't want it.
    they haven't ruled it out, it could be implemented (walking wasn't in at first, and now it is)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    they haven't ruled it out, it could be implemented (walking wasn't in at first, and now it is)
    They put walking in yes, they listen to the community, and the community doesn't want it. It's mainly people that came from games like WoW that want dueling.

Most people that want dueling like to spam duels at people in WoW, which won't make people happy to see other players, which is the opposite of what Arena Net want.

I understand that. However, they have said that if they put dueling in, they would do it right.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if they had something like a dueling arena, perhaps in the major cities, where you could only duel inside that arena.

Deleted
    I understand that. However, they have said that if they put dueling in, they would do it right.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if they had something like a dueling arena, perhaps in the major cities, where you could only duel inside that arena.
    You better go put that suggestion on GW2guru.

I would find it good if it there were "dueling grounds" in the cities that every player can watch from the outside, while those that want to fight simply enter the ring from somewhere.
    And ingame "tournaments" (1v1) - you enter, and play for shitz and giggles, and some minor vanity stuff (for instance, you could get a title for a week/until the next tournament if you win). Could also help balancing the game, since in the end such a thing would make advantages of 1 class over another rather obvious.

And I suggest he doesn't post that over there the dueling thread was closed for a reason
    Hehe, aye. It was a long thread (there were a few), plus I think that idea was already said a few times there anyway. The point remains, they are still open to the idea of dueling in the future, or so they said.

Deleted
    And I suggest he doesn't post that over there the dueling thread was closed for a reason
    Bleh alot of the extreme fans are morons and most of the mods are idiots and closed threads early and deleted alot of posts in threads. It's a pretty boring place to discuss things in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Bumbing your great post, awesome tool. ;P
    I found this one way better http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en

Why do you have GW2 Ambassador on your sign? are you an Ambassador? O.O

Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    Nice, hadn't seen that one before. Definately looks better, but I can't seem to pick any traits. Is that part not yet implemented, or am I just being retarded?