Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    I was planning on playing SWTOR as my new MMO, but I am rapidly converting to GW2. Going to be interested to see how the endgame content is, and whether enough content can be pushed out without a monthly fee. I am currently playing RIFT and Trion spoil their players rotten when it comes to endgame content, and I've sorta gotten used to that. Hope ArenaNet can do great things.
    Please people, don't jump on him for that one word, he was mostly wondering about additional content after launch. Here's the end all, be all quote from ArenaNet about the "endgame" in GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Kerstein interview with Ninjalooter
    There will be dungeons for five players. Our endgame starts at level 1. In WoW the game is completely different once you reach max level, something that does not have much in common with what you did up to that point. We want to avoid that. We don't want to force one play style on players that they don't want. You want to explore the world? Then there will be content after 80 for you. You like going into challenging dungeons? That, too, will be possible at 80. You like playing your personal story? That's possible too. You like playing only PvP? You can do that from level 1 through 80 in our World PvP and level up without ever doing one of the other aspects of the game, if you want.
    As far as content after release, I'm not sure. Anyone know how often GW1 was patched?

Does anyone has any clues as to its release date yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwarrior View Post
    Most likely 1st quarter 2012 (probably around spring).

GW1 was pretty good about patches/expansions until they started working on GW2. Closed beta looks like it will be starting by November, which is good news for those of us that have become more pessimistic started assuming "closed beta by the end of the year" meant closed beta would begin on December 31st. Same demo build as Gamescom/PAX this week, wtf mate. Gief Grove/Rata Sum/Mesmer.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2011-09-19 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie View Post
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-...M.48313.0.html benchmarks begs to disagree with you.

So, show me a desktop for 700€ that includes an optical drive, a HDD, case, PSU, a comparable CPU and GPU, 8Gb 1333Mhz RAM and a keyboard and a monitor. Mouse can be omitted since that has to be bought for a laptop too anyways, no one sane plays with a touchpad.
    Why would you include peripherals... That's like saying you need to include a TV for the price of a console, throw in the chair or couch while you're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    Why would you include peripherals... That's like saying you need to include a TV for the price of a console, throw in the chair or couch while you're at it.
    Because you need the peripherals to play on a computer, a laptop comes with its own monitor and keyboard

Deleted
    because there are a monitor and a keyboard integrated in a laptop? if you compare xbox + chair you must compare it to ps3 + chair and so on^^

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Because you need the peripherals to play on a computer, a laptop comes with its own monitor and keyboard
    Anyone who's ever owned a computer ever (note: everyone) will already have them. Hardly worth including in the price of a PC.

Deleted
    well, no. if the time gap between new computers is big (like mine 10 years) then youll get a new comp + keyboard etc., atleast for me...

and gerogevonfranken, your avatar made me laugh ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lycrus View Post
    well, no. if the time gap between new computers is big (like mine 10 years) then youll get a new comp + keyboard etc., atleast for me...

and gerogevonfranken, your avatar made me laugh ^^
    If that's the situation, you still have to tack on the price of a mouse for a laptop. GL using the touch pad for gaming

If that's the situation, you still have to tack on the price of a mouse for a laptop. GL using the touch pad for gaming
    I do believe that it was already stated the price of a mouse was to be excluded from both calculations.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Lycrus View Post
    gerogevonfranken, your avatar made me laugh ^^
    I had to delete alot of frames for it to fit the 10kb size here

Heres the original

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    I do believe that it was already stated the price of a mouse was to be excluded from both calculations.
    It was

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie View Post
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-...M.48313.0.html benchmarks begs to disagree with you.

So, show me a desktop for 700€ that includes an optical drive, a HDD, case, PSU, a comparable CPU and GPU, 8Gb 1333Mhz RAM and a keyboard and a monitor. Mouse can be omitted since that has to be bought for a laptop too anyways, no one sane plays with a touchpad.
    unless i'm mistaken, this GPU is roughly equivalent to a desktop GTX 550ti which is a pretty cheap GPU at more or less 150€... starting from that, getting a 700€ computer wouldn't be much of an issue at all, but don't expect to have a monitor included unless you buy some cheap crap.

including a monitor in a desktop computer price doesn't make sense anyway imo considering the price range.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwarrior View Post
    I'm still optimistic, rather praying, for a pre-2012 release.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm digging this game so far, its combat system does appear to be a little more involved and action-based than SWTOR. The major gripe I'm having with this game is its endgame content (or lack thereof).

More specifically, the lack of instanced raiding. It's the aspect I enjoy the most in a MMORPG. I love logging on with 9 or 24 other friends and having a blast on vent while we down some bosses. I know they will be adding 5-man dungeons to this game, but it's not the same. I hope ArenaNet change their minds and add raids. I do plan on buying this game regardless, but I fear that I'll hit max level, do some dungeons and some PvP and then get bored and go back to SWTOR/WoW.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Why can't you go and kill a world boss with those same friends? The game already prevents random people from griefing you with the loot system and sidekicking, and the scaling AI takes players out of the equation if they're bad enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Trust me it's never going to happen.
    And I hope that remains the case. I would love to play a game that actually IS different from the mold, not just claims to be.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    I hope ArenaNet change their minds and add raids.
    They have "raids" in their dynamic events. I hope they don't bring back raids proper, because in all honesty while they can be fun, I found that most of the fun I had while raiding was because of who I was playing with. If I played with the same people doing smaller content (5 mans, questing or PvP), it would have still been fun.

And the entire game is "end game". They don't want to make their game like others, where you are funneled to end game, at which point the game changes completely.

Deleted
    Why do people want raiding in GW2? Seriously, people come and ask about GW2, then whine when it's actually different to standard MMO's, god forbid Anet actually are keeping their word and been different!

I hope raiding dies with GW2. I don't think it's fun to spend 4 hours wiping on a "progress" kill for a few days each week. Then raid loot causes more issues than anything else, since every raid guild has loot hungry people in it, and people that are utterly bad yet get carried through everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    I'm digging this game so far, its combat system does appear to be a little more involved and action-based than SWTOR. The major gripe I'm having with this game is its endgame content (or lack thereof).

More specifically, the lack of instanced raiding. It's the aspect I enjoy the most in a MMORPG. I love logging on with 9 or 24 other friends and having a blast on vent while we down some bosses. I know they will be adding 5-man dungeons to this game, but it's not the same. I hope ArenaNet change their minds and add raids. I do plan on buying this game regardless, but I fear that I'll hit max level, do some dungeons and some PvP and then get bored and go back to SWTOR/WoW.
    Why cant you have blast on vent while downing bosses in these events? Plus added bonus with these dynamic events is that you can have blast on vent with any number of guildies and friends instead being locked to certain raid size. There is plenty of mmos with raiding as end game that compete from same player base. Anet wants players go do these events in world with their guildies and friends rather than having players hidden in instances.