10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    I think at the next expo/games convention, the Anet staff should all wear trollface masks, and only answer questions with "When it's ready", oh the lulz.
    They wouldn't get away with that if they did it in one of the Southern states of America.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    That and I am a mount collector in wow....soooo yeah, mounts I luff them. :P
    Cool-looking mounts are indeed awesome, and they're fun to show-off a little with. Which makes me wonder.. I hope there is something fun to collect in GW2, too. And no, I don't really consider WoW's minipets to be fun: they're too small to show-off with, and you can't even interact with them. Then again, I found the various kinds of completely useless items you get from archaelogy to be quite fun to toy around with every now and then.

As for mounts: I personally kind of like the idea of a game where no one has a mount, I for one skip everything I can just because I can with a flying mount in WoW, but if I can't then I'd probably have much more time to enjoy the scenery.

---------- Post added 2011-09-26 at 02:38 PM ----------

To return slightly to the topic of addons: I mostly use various kinds of visual addons in WoW, like e.g. my favorites are X-Perl, Buttonfacade and Bartender. The regular action bars in WoW just look like crap, they're way too large and they're awkwardly positioned and so on. So, I whip out Bartender and Buttonfacade, resize the stuff and move it, and change the looks to be less of a nuisance to the eyes. In Rift the bars can be moved and re-sized, but they still look like crap and are rather distracting. I do think the situation will be similar in GW2 as it is in Rift: the bars can be moved and resized, but that's all. And that's kind of why I'd hope for atleast some addon support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie View Post
    Cool-looking mounts are indeed awesome, and they're fun to show-off a little with. Which makes me wonder.. I hope there is something fun to collect in GW2, too. And no, I don't really consider WoW's minipets to be fun: they're too small to show-off with, and you can't even interact with them. Then again, I found the various kinds of completely useless items you get from archaelogy to be quite fun to toy around with every now and then.

As for mounts: I personally kind of like the idea of a game where no one has a mount, I for one skip everything I can just because I can with a flying mount in WoW, but if I can't then I'd probably have much more time to enjoy the scenery.

---------- Post added 2011-09-26 at 02:38 PM ----------

To return slightly to the topic of addons: I mostly use various kinds of visual addons in WoW, like e.g. my favorites are X-Perl, Buttonfacade and Bartender. The regular action bars in WoW just look like crap, they're way too large and they're awkwardly positioned and so on. So, I whip out Bartender and Buttonfacade, resize the stuff and move it, and change the looks to be less of a nuisance to the eyes. In Rift the bars can be moved and re-sized, but they still look like crap and are rather distracting. I do think the situation will be similar in GW2 as it is in Rift: the bars can be moved and resized, but that's all. And that's kind of why I'd hope for atleast some addon support.
    I never really felt the need for Addons in GW1. There's only 8 skills so no real need to look at your bars all that often. You could move almost anything as well. Since there are no real health bars like in most other MMO's (since you can't target-heal), they won't be distracting
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted

As for mounts: I personally kind of like the idea of a game where no one has a mount, I for one skip everything I can just because I can with a flying mount in WoW, but if I can't then I'd probably have much more time to enjoy the scenery.[COLOR="red"]
    Armors are also something you can collect in GW2 and I suppose it's going to be big part of it like it was in GW1. Titles and maybe there will be some emotes like GW1 /rank was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    Since there are no real health bars like in most other MMO's (since you can't target-heal), they won't be distracting
    I've never found healthbars distracting. In fact, I like to have friendly NPCs and players without healthbars at all, but I have attackable, non-aggressive ones with yellow bars and aggressive ones with red bars if they are within attack range. It makes it easier to e.g. notice if you're in danger of accidentally pulling something, or mobs that are above or below you.

---------- Post added 2011-09-26 at 03:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by leipuri View Post
    Armors are also something you can collect in GW2 and I suppose it's going to be big part of it like it was in GW1.
    Aye, armors are atleast something I love collecting, and various kinds of interesting weaponry. In seeing how detailed the armors are -- atleast in the videos I've seen -- it'll likely be lots of fun

Aye, armors are atleast something I love collecting, and various kinds of interesting weaponry. In seeing how detailed the armors are -- atleast in the videos I've seen -- it'll likely be lots of fun
    Armor and weapons were great to collect in GW, especially as a warrior; I have four distinct sets of armor (each set serves a specific function, be it to increase my health, energy, or to further reduce damage), gloves specific to my weapon sets (Glacial Gauntlets for swordsmanship, Stone Gauntlets for hammers, and Chaos Gloves to match my series of Chaos Axes), and a number of weapons and shields that share skins (so that I can go from Sundering to Furious or Zealous without a visible change in weaponry). It's nice for me to be able to change up the abilities of my weapons without changing their appearance as I like the very specific way in which my character looks; customization is far more inherent and important to GW than WoW, where everyone in a certain class looks pretty much the same all the time, and I've always liked that about GW.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never found healthbars distracting. In fact, I like to have friendly NPCs and players without healthbars at all, but I have attackable, non-aggressive ones with yellow bars and aggressive ones with red bars if they are within attack range. It makes it easier to e.g. notice if you're in danger of accidentally pulling something, or mobs that are above or below you.[COLOR="red"]
    I meant party health bars. I would love if they just used the gw1 system, where your map has a little circle that shows your aggro range, oh the countless days spent looking at that circle while running people to droknar's forge
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    oh the countless days spent looking at that circle while running people to droknar's forge
    I remember the countless hours trying to find someone to run to droks for free.

btw. does anyone have that bonus mission pack? I've been thinking of buying that. Love those BMP weapon skins (tengu staff <3).

I for one would LOVE to see mounts in the game that don't necessarily increase your movement speed. "What is the point of mounts then?" Well it would be the same as armor at higher levels. Just to show off! I mean, that would be freaking cool to have these mounts that you can use running everywhere while not necessarily going faster and skipping stuff, just to show off that you got a mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    The mission packs could be nice if you care about the backstory for some of the npc's I hated them just as I hated the Thackery one.

Also I have only contempt for people buying runs, talk about lazy
    I enjoyed the Togo mission... And Saul's wasn't that bad.

And I only bought runs for alts!

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Grats to them Not that I'm terribly surprised, all the previews I've read have almost unanimously praised GW2 and the way the devs have tried to renew the all the age-old concepts.

Deleted
    GW2 and BF3 were the only good games there in my opinion. So even though it's nice to see them getting it, none of the other games were close.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I really hope they decide to add mounts to the game. Not flying mounts, even though I do love them. I think too many people will use them to simply by pass everything, instead of exploring all the awesome nooks and crannies that are available. That said I think mounts would be a really good/nice thing to have. Way points are nice and all, but I like to explore and having a mount just makes it less tedious than running.
    I think having mounts would have the opposite effect for exploration. Besides, in order to use a waypoint you have to find it first. It encourages you to explore in that respect.

If they do add mounts, I really hope it's done well and not a mount in a pocket like wow, rift, etc have. At least have them like how AoC does with them or even Assassins Creed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    I remember the countless hours trying to find someone to run to droks for free.

btw. does anyone have that bonus mission pack? I've been thinking of buying that. Love those BMP weapon skins (tengu staff <3).
    I have the mission pack. The missions were fun enough once but they are not something your going to want to repeate over and over. Now I just use it to outfit new hero's with weapons. Gwen's story can be done in 10 minutes and you can get a weapon of any stat you want, slap some mods on it and your hero is good to go.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I think having mounts would have the opposite effect for exploration. Besides, in order to use a waypoint you have to find it first. It encourages you to explore in that respect.
    I think the best way to encourage exploring is to give players something worth finding. Either unique scenery, lore objects, quests, special items hidden around the world.

Personally, the way artifacts were done in Rift was a huge reason I explored any given area.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Pfffttt....

I should bloody SUE.. Yes, SUE ArenaNet..

I really can't wait for GW2, I sit on youtube every bloody day to see if new videos are around.. The gameplay so far looks amazing and I think combined with dodging the gameplay in this game is nothing like I have seen before. This shit just looks so good that I can't decide what class to play.. I think I'll end up playing and switching every class and to add something to that I dont even know what race to play either..

I think Ill get a flu or 10 once this game releases...
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Mounts discussion is so page 20, new subject please.
    Fo rizzle.

They need to release information on Ranger pets.