15+ Year Old Account
    W00t! Finished the Gate of Pain mission with relative ease. Probably helps that only myself plus 2 heroes didn't have interrupts, lol. Now onward to ze final mission!

question as well, it is possible to trade for the hero armor drop things or do I have to run those missions myself to get them?

Deleted
    Sigh..How long has it been since we had any new information from Arenanet? Feels like forever..Oh well, 1-2 months until closed beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ookami-San View Post
    Sigh..How long has it been since we had any new information from Arenanet? Feels like forever..Oh well, 1-2 months until closed beta.
    About 16 days. It just means they're working really hard to get more stuff ready to show. :>

I wouldn't be surprised if there were another couple blog posts sometime this week.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Quote Originally Posted by Milanor View Post
    About 16 days. It just means they're working really hard to get more stuff ready to show. :>

I wouldn't be surprised if there were another couple blog posts sometime this week.
    Please let it be WvWvW. I'm dying to hear more about it, especially the aspect of guild keeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    question as well, it is possible to trade for the hero armor drop things or do I have to run those missions myself to get them?
    Yes, you can buy the armor remnants from players.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    Yes, you can buy the armor remnants from players.
    Awesome, thanks. Now, if I can convince my brother to let me leech off of his acct. to make buying my gear and such cheaper....

Um, sorry, really don't wanna sound like a troll, not posting this so I can flame and bash people, it'll be fine if you don't agree with my suggestion but... Can't we open a topic for Guild Wars 1 (could be general topic, or GW1 HoM farming specificed topic) where people can discuss various missions, tips, bosses, achievements, tactics, etc, all they want? It's... somewhat annoying for people who come in the Guild Wars TWO thread to read so many comments that are ONLY focused on GW1 and nothing else. If anything, people coming here are the people interested in Guild Wars 2 and by no means all of them should be interested in Guild Wars 1. I know there's a very thin relationship between GW1 and GW2 with those extra stuff you will get if you farm whatever you need to farm, but I personally find it not enough to justify those kinds of posts. Have a nice evening everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Ruak View Post
    Um, sorry, really don't wanna sound like a troll, not posting this so I can flame and bash people, it'll be fine if you don't agree with my suggestion but... Can't we open a topic for Guild Wars 1 (could be general topic, or GW1 HoM farming specificed topic) where people can discuss various missions, tips, bosses, achievements, tactics, etc, all they want? It's... somewhat annoying for people who come in the Guild Wars TWO thread to read so many comments that are ONLY focused on GW1 and nothing else. If anything, people coming here are the people interested in Guild Wars 2 and by no means all of them should be interested in Guild Wars 1. I know there's a very thin relationship between GW1 and GW2 with those extra stuff you will get if you farm whatever you need to farm, but I personally find it not enough to justify those kinds of posts. Have a nice evening everyone
    I think this thread suits our needs just fine. There's nothing stopping someone from coming in to discuss Guild Wars 2 nor is there any reason to cease discussion about the original Guild Wars. Making a separate thread is both redundant and senseless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatian View Post

[/COLOR]I think I may have found my favorite Dynamic Event in the game. Holy mother of god...

Source: http://huntersinsight.com/2011/05/07/qft-the-czechs/
    FUCKING AWESOME!!! can't actually wait to go out and find more of these types of DE's :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually agree with the GW1 thing. I don't care to read any of the GW1 stuff in the forum and I don't care about the HoM. I disliked GW1, but am excited for GW2.

That said, it has not been derailing enough to warrant any action. Even if a GW1 thread were to be made, GW1 will still be talked about in the Gw2 threads because it is relevant to GW2 in a few ways.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-02 at 06:36 PM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    need people opinions, what is the easiest pvp title to get for a newbie? so far i have done RA twice with highest winning streak of like 8 or so, but since your team is random well it could do either way. spammed FA for Kurzick rep, just need another 90k rep to get to the 550k mark, dunno if that's a pvp title or a faction title or both. and that's pretty much the extent of my pvp experience in GW atm.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    need people opinions, what is the easiest pvp title to get for a newbie? so far i have done RA twice with highest winning streak of like 8 or so, but since your team is random well it could do either way. spammed FA for Kurzick rep, just need another 90k rep to get to the 550k mark, dunno if that's a pvp title or a faction title or both. and that's pretty much the extent of my pvp experience in GW atm.
    If you're going for 30/50 HoM, forget about the PvP title. It's a very expensive/hard to get title in a veteran PvP enviroment, and is not worth the weeks or months of time investment.
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatian View Post
    If you're going for 30/50 HoM, forget about the PvP title. It's a very expensive/hard to get title in a veteran PvP enviroment, and is not worth the weeks or months of time investment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    As said above forget it, the only way to "easily" get a PvP title is to buy Zaishen keys and chances are that you will never have enough money for that.
    bah, this annoys me. it's a juicy 3 points that i was hoping to get. pity.

is there a list with the easiest titles to go for if you are trying to get to 30/50?
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    Allegiance, be it Kurzick or Luxon, is still a PvE title; easiest PvP title is probably Zaishen via Z-Keys. Spend your Balth Faction on keys, and try and do the daily Zaishen quests to save up coinds to get more keys.
    Last edited by Grognard; 2011-10-02 at 11:02 PM.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    I actually agree with the GW1 thing. I don't care to read any of the GW1 stuff in the forum and I don't care about the HoM. I disliked GW1, but am excited for GW2.

That said, it has not been derailing enough to warrant any action. Even if a GW1 thread were to be made, GW1 will still be talked about in the Gw2 threads because it is relevant to GW2 in a few ways.
    Well, not if it's moderated imo. In almost any other topic on these boards you will get moderated for much less avoiding of the topic. I would understand if the post is talking about GW2 and comparing features there with GW1. But it's ONLY about GW1. Nothing else. Maybe not the best example, but when Blizzard was giving a WoW pet to those who bought SC2, imagine me talking only about SC2 in strictly WoW-related topics.

It's not really needed, as I see it this thread has kinda run it's course and it's mostly just the long time followers of the GW that post in this thread, we now have an entire forum so I don't really see how it can bother you.
    I don't get you tbh. What do I care if we have an entire forum, when this is the only topic wiht general discussions and information? If anything, exactly because there's a whole subforum now, things should be more separate.

P.S. Haha, funny thing is, the way the debate goes reminds me of the way GW2 optimists vs pessimists debate goes ^^ "I don't see how it can bother you". Well, just cause me =/= you, that's why. Same reason why lack of factions or lack of dueling would bother ME. Stop looking at things through your own prism and disregard the opinion of others. It's the same behavior in every other GW topic out there - trying to invalidate the opinion of the others.

P.S.2 A quick browsing through the forum showed this - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ments-Progress . As you can see, it's done and it's working, 5 days 5 pages, people are posting and it's dedicated to exactly the same stuff. So can we redirect all GW1 posts there, please? :/
    Last edited by Ruak; 2011-10-03 at 02:47 AM.

Well, not if it's moderated imo. In almost any other topic on these boards you will get moderated for much less avoiding of the topic. I would understand if the post is talking about GW2 and comparing features there with GW1. But it's ONLY about GW1. Nothing else. Maybe not the best example, but when Blizzard was giving a WoW pet to those who bought SC2, imagine me talking only about SC2 in strictly WoW-related topics.

I don't get you tbh. What do I care if we have an entire forum, when this is the only topic wiht general discussions and information? If anything, exactly because there's a whole subforum now, things should be more separate.

P.S. Haha, funny thing is, the way the debate goes reminds me of the way GW2 optimists vs pessimists debate goes ^^ "I don't see how it can bother you". Well, just cause me =/= you, that's why. Same reason why lack of factions or lack of dueling would bother ME. Stop looking at things through your own prism and disregard the opinion of others. It's the same behavior in every other GW topic out there - trying to invalidate the opinion of the others.

P.S.2 A quick browsing through the forum showed this - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ments-Progress . As you can see, it's done and it's working, 5 days 5 pages, people are posting and it's dedicated to exactly the same stuff. So can we redirect all GW1 posts there, please? :/
    You're really helping with that, you know?

No, but you CAN stop whining and derailing this thread. At least when we discuss the original Guild Wars it's somewhat relevant to Guild Wars 2; this is not. I'm not even sure why you're making such a big fuss about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    No, but you CAN stop whining and derailing this thread. At least when we discuss the original Guild Wars it's somewhat relevant to Guild Wars 2; this is not. I'm not even sure why you're making such a big fuss about it.
    Cause it's a forum and as such I can express my opinion on things? Not to mention your post doesn't add anything to the discussion either and is just as useless. And mind your language, please...

Deleted

Nicely said and agreeing 100%.

Is there any nice new information about gw2? first post got updated a while ago and wondering if arenanet revealed something? maybe some little hints or something like that, too^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the whole objection to GW1 posts are people that hated the first game, and try to mentally disassociate GW2 from it.
    But the fact is, that's their problem, not mine. And if they have such an issue with people posting about GW1, then don't read it.