Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I'd rather help the squirrels escape
    Then raise a squirrel army to assault the dog!

Dynamic events are awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    I get what you are saying JV, but that's a matter of personal choice. You don't have to be in a guild that does that stuff. =)

Also, don't doubt for a minute that GW2 will have the same type of guilds that have scheduled play sessions to go and knock out DEs and dungeons or PvP. While it might not be the gear grind type of play, there will still be competitive groupings to do things. And you'll still have many people playing it like a second job.
    Agreed, GW2, like GW1 will have its "be online at that time" stuff. I was in a semi-pro pvp guild in GW1, and we would do GvG (8vs8 guild pvp) every day, so yeah, while it has its hardcore stuff like WoW/etc, There's a big difference between the 2, To raid efficiently in WoW, you need to get full gems, enchants, get flask mats, buff food, potions, read tactics, etc...
    There's a lot of extra stuff you need to do to start having fun.

I don't know how it is in sweater(Gamebreaker ftw ), and God I hope they remove all that stuff,
    but I don't want to prepare for raids, I actually want to raid.

In GW1, if i wanted to pvp, I made a pvp character of the class I want and started immediately, fully geared and ready to go.
    If I wanted to pvp, I took the character that I could get from lvl 1 to max lvl dungeon ready in about 5 hours max.

It looks like they do this again in GW2,no "preparing" to have fun, but just having fun. which is why I love arenanet

If my post is hard to read, I'm sorry, I'm not really sober
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Is it just me, or has the GW2Guru link disappeared from the curse bar at the top of the screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Is it just me, or has the GW2Guru link disappeared from the curse bar at the top of the screen?
    I don't see it either.

10+ Year Old Account
    And it has disappeared from the "Community Sites" list at the bottom.
    Something is up.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mif View Post
    and it has disappeared from the "community sites" list at the bottom.
    Something is up.....
    rebellion!
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    Agreed, GW2, like GW1 will have its "be online at that time" stuff. I was in a semi-pro pvp guild in GW1, and we would do GvG (8vs8 guild pvp) every day, so yeah, while it has its hardcore stuff like WoW/etc, There's a big difference between the 2, To raid efficiently in WoW, you need to get full gems, enchants, get flask mats, buff food, potions, read tactics, etc...
    There's a lot of extra stuff you need to do to start having fun.

I don't know how it is in sweater(Gamebreaker ftw ), and God I hope they remove all that stuff,
    but I don't want to prepare for raids, I actually want to raid.

In GW1, if i wanted to pvp, I made a pvp character of the class I want and started immediately, fully geared and ready to go.
    If I wanted to pvp, I took the character that I could get from lvl 1 to max lvl dungeon ready in about 5 hours max.

It looks like they do this again in GW2,no "preparing" to have fun, but just having fun. which is why I love arenanet

If my post is hard to read, I'm sorry, I'm not really sober
    Well you might be in luck on the SWTOR side of things. While yes they will have raiding, they have said that they fully expect people to be able to do normal raids without voice communication like vent or some such. They've also said that they fully expect people to be able to get into raiding without grinding heroic flashpoints like one has to grind heroic dungeons in WoW. Also there is the loot containers that are supposed to drop beneficial things for you.

Here is a link to an article discussing the current design philosophy of SWTOR's raids.
    http://darthhater.com/2011/07/29/pc-...on-operations/

It sounds like SWTOR is aiming for the more casual raiders with this. They have said there are going to be more difficulty modes though for those who want more of the challenge.

---------- Post added 2011-10-12 at 09:05 PM ----------

Hmm that's odd, maybe Curse is going to change the bar to add more stuff to it. I know Curse has acquired the DarthHater site for the SWTOR fans and since it's acquisition it has yet to appear on the Curse bar, so maybe they are going to change it to add these things and just had to take something off for now for a rearrangement.

Question 1 to 20 in 5 hours, and dungeon ready to boot?

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post

I think it is supposed to be pve instead of pvp.

I'm new to GW, so I just gotta ask if this 1 to 20 in 5 hours, and dungeon ready to boot, is for real. And if so then how is this done?

My plan is to quit 3 WoW accounts, (have 8 kids and we all have a blast playing mmos together), start 3 in GW, get 30 points in HoM for each so we can spice up 3 GW2 accounts next year, then either play GW casually until GW2 comes out. Or take a nice long break from MMO type games so GW2 will be fresh.

The quit 3 WoW and start 3 in GW is done, now just looking at different paths to the 3x30 points...
    ==========
    did some searching and found a few answers at: wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Power_leveling
    still have the 1-85 grind in my thoughts of 'reaching max level', need to readjust to the nicer GW thinking...

not sure on how to get dungeon ready though, grind items for lvl 20 collectors?
    Last edited by kaylestes; 2011-10-12 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaylestes View Post
    I'm new to GW, so I just gotta ask if this 1 to 20 in 5 hours, and dungeon ready to boot, is for real. And if so then how is this done?
    "Dungeon ready" in GW1 is basically being max level, in max armor, with max skill points (i.e., ascended then done the two +15 attribute quests by campaign), and have at least one elite skill for your class. This is easily done if you can stand a solid grind, especially starting in Nightfall and immediately transitioning to Eye of the North at lvl 10.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Ah, I see...

Thank you.

My WoW main had 50 reputations maxed, about 120 mounts, over 150 companions (miniatures), Loremaster, etc.
    Actually looking forward to moving my collector/completest/ocd self to GW.

I can "stand a solid grind" no sweat, just need to go find out where/when...
    Last edited by kaylestes; 2011-10-13 at 05:12 AM.

If you enjoy the gameplay in GW then it's not too bad of a "grind". If you are a masochist you could try to get GWAMM though (that title will transfer over to GW2 as well).

To be honest, now that you mention it, I was planing to try to get The Legendary Defender of Ascalon title on my first char to make GWAMM just a little easier for a GW virgin to get. I thought it might be a bit cocky to mention that someone brand new to GW would try to get GWAMM, one of the hardest objectives in the game.

I didn't know it would transfer over to GW2 though, now I have to try for it.

I imagine we have 4,6,8 months 'til GW2? So plenty of time to mix enjoyable casual days with enjoyable grindy days.
    Can always get it later if GW2 comes earlier.

So much for taking a nice long break from MMOs...

I don't want to start up a new topic for a question.. but where are the Margonites now? How many is known from them? I'm trying to find information but there's not much known about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I don't want to start up a new topic for a question.. but where are the Margonites now? How many is known from them? I'm trying to find information but there's not much known about it.
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Margonite ?

From the little info that is there, they sound interesting, but they are currently MIA as far as the article is concerned.

Yea I've read that part, but there's no information if they are gone, still in Elona and their bonds with the Luxons. I'm just curious about these epic beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I don't think there is any "bond" with the luxons, the reason the luxons are mentioned at the wiki is just to confirm that there used to be an ocean where the jade sea is now.
    I knew that, no idea why I posted it.

10+ Year Old Account
    My plan is to quit 3 WoW accounts, (have 8 kids and we all have a blast playing mmos together)
    Oh lawd
    Wish I was born in your family -_-
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

To be honest, now that you mention it, I was planing to try to get The Legendary Defender of Ascalon title on my first char...
    LDA is a very time consuming title, between death leveling the pre-Searing Charr behind the Great Northern Wall; the new dailies don't help that much, either, I don't think, as they only offer about 1k XP each, plus whatever you get for killing the quest-related mobs.

That said, I have a perma-pre Warrior for that same title; hit me up if you'd like some help in pre-Searing, as I have tons of collectibles stashed for getting the armor upgrades...Dunno if I have enough for nine characters, though. o_O
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    bah, i need help with Dzagonur Bastion (Hard Mode) any takers?
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Oh lawd
    Wish I was born in your family -_-
    Well, we do have an extra bedroom in the attic with ac, cable tv and a cute little window with curtains looking over the neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    LDA is a very time consuming title, between death leveling the pre-Searing Charr behind the Great Northern Wall; the new dailies don't help that much, either, I don't think, as they only offer about 1k XP each, plus whatever you get for killing the quest-related mobs.

That said, I have a perma-pre Warrior for that same title; hit me up if you'd like some help in pre-Searing, as I have tons of collectibles stashed for getting the armor upgrades...Dunno if I have enough for nine characters, though. o_O
    I think I'm just starting to see the reality of what it's going to take to achieve the goals the kids and I have set.
    Thank you for your kind offer. That would be soo helpful. Is there mail in game to reach you?
    I think I'll only put myself and the 3 oldest though this though. Wouldn't want to burn the littler ones out...

wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Legendary_Defender_of_Ascalon gives a some good ideas.
    Saving quest xp is familiar from farming faction in Outland. Do dungeons in Hellfire until they stop giving rep then do quests for their rep to max both sources.
    I'm hoping at 10 I can start a daily quest, kill mobs, abandon quest, repeat to farm xp.

However it goes I'm sure it will be fun. I want them to really like GW so we decided to not do GW for 2 weeks, (almost up), after quitting WOW so it would have it's own feel, and not be mixed with WOW aftertaste. Spaghetti and apple pie are both good but not one right after the other. To enjoy the second bite fully you need to cleanse the pallet so to speak.

I started a Necro, Chara Bones, just to make sure the game works well and the settings are matched to each computer.
    Love necros, had an Iksar (Lizardman) necro back in EQ, most hated race with most hated class and had over 100 factions maxed when I left it for Wow 6 years ago.
    My Warlock in Wow was Chara and I had a blast but it just didn't have that fun evil necromancer type of feeling.
    Sill miss my EQ pet Bones...
    Last edited by kaylestes; 2011-10-13 at 08:31 PM.