10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    So any good news about Guild Wars 2 recently?
    Nope...

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Nope...

I see. Well, maybe they'll give us something soon or at least a sort of estimate as to when we can expect Guild Wars 2 to be released. So long as it's after February, I'll be happy.

Two questions:

Will there be key binding for gw2? (That could be a stupid question)

also,

I'm thinking about buying a new graphics card to help with gw2 fps, any recommendations for an affordable upgrade? I was thinking about a Radeon HD 6850, but haven't decided yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Harradrane View Post
    Two questions:

also,

I'm thinking about buying a new graphics card to help with gw2 fps, any recommendations for an affordable upgrade? I was thinking about a Radeon HD 6850, but haven't decided yet.
    GW2 is too far away to necessitate a graphics card update, especially with the Nvidia 6xx and AMD 7xxx on the horizon next year. I would just wait and save money if you can.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harradrane View Post
    Two questions:

also,

There's keybinding indeed.

Also, I'd guess a Radeon HD 6850 is enough But the Nvidia GTX 560Ti is also a great card.

Great thank you guys for the feedback

Deleted
    with keybinding we havn't seen many people do them in the demos because of the 40minute time limit so why waste 5 mins fiddling with them when you can play the game.

To add to the keybinding talk, the UI only has 10 skill slots in GW2 so it should be very simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    To add to the keybinding talk, the UI only has 10 skill slots in GW2 so it should be very simple.
    But you also have F1-F4 for professional abilities and/or a weapon swap button.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    But you also have F1-F4 for professional abilities and/or a weapon swap button.
    Still a lot less than for WoW, which will make it a lot easier to find the great keybinds for what you'll be using.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'm tempted to attempt make my own game pad like this guy did with a layout like this.
    Last edited by Mif; 2011-12-01 at 06:43 AM.

I'm going to use a razer naga along with a razer nostromo.

I'm getting a Logitech g13 keypad myself. A couple extra buttons, but it lies flat on the desk rather than the upward angle of the Razer one.

Have they released anything regarding as to why the last profession has taken so long to come out? If I recall, it has been almost 6 months since the engineer was released, and I believe it was released only 2 months after the previous profession, the thief.

well its the first, hope they announce something today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Have they released anything regarding as to why the last profession has taken so long to come out? If I recall, it has been almost 6 months since the engineer was released, and I believe it was released only 2 months after the previous profession, the thief.
    If I recall, the delays have been because the last profession is incredibly hard to balance in keeping it in line with the strengths of the other professions given its unique mechanics that we know nothing about.

We've heard that it's still on track to be revealed before the year ends though, I think.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Jeremy Soule will once again be composing the game's soundtrack, however there will also be a system in place to allow players to choose selections from their own library of music and assign them to different audio cues (such as battle, ambient, etc.), letting the player tie their music to the appropriate engine-determined context.
    Does anyone have the source for the part that I bolded? That sounds really neat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milanor View Post
    If I recall, the delays have been because the last profession is incredibly hard to balance in keeping it in line with the strengths of the other professions given its unique mechanics that we know nothing about.

We've heard that it's still on track to be revealed before the year ends though, I think.
    Delays?

The game can't have delays. They don't promise us dates, so you can't really use delays as a reason.

Things come when they're ready with GW2. The profession hasn't taken ages to come out, they've also added and reworked so much more during the time frame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    Does anyone have the source for the part that I bolded? That sounds really neat.
    http://www.arena.net/blog/james-boer...2-audio-design

Quote Originally Posted by James Boer
    Finally, no matter how fantastic a game’s music is, when you hear the same music for the thousandth time, you start wanting to change things up a bit. Many players will simply turn the game music off and play their own collections. The problem is that an external music player has no context as to what’s going on in-game. Guild Wars 2 will offer a solution for this as well. We’re giving players the option of choosing external music playlists that the game’s audio engine will use as a replacement for the default in-game music. Players can choose different playlists for background ambience and battle music, for instance. Additionally, when appropriate, such as during cinematics, the game can revert back to in-game music temporarily to give the best possible cinematic experience, then resume the custom playlist when it’s done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Delays?

The game can't have delays. They don't promise us dates, so you can't really use delays as a reason.

Things come when they're ready with GW2. The profession hasn't taken ages to come out, they've also added and reworked so much more during the time frame.
    "Delays" relative to the post I was responding to. Shoulda clarified.

But yeah. Everything is on Arenanet time, which runs much slower than realtime but has the benefit that everything comes out all shiny and polished and amazing at the end.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.