10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    Does anyone know if there will be an option to turn off the team side colored characters in pvp?
    It's possible that the dying of gear to represent teams (red/blue) isn't final. One would assume they would do what they did in GW1 and make the cape/tabard/guild reference what denotes what team you're on. However, either way, I don't think you will be able to turn it off.

---------- Post added 2012-02-01 at 04:54 AM ----------

I think the shield is a mesmer ability. Look at the last two screencaps on that GWinsider post. You can see the Charr Mesmer (the notation under the screencap confirms it) next to a team member (What looks like a Norn Engineer) who doesn't have the shield. The Guardian party support ability places the shield on all nearby party members, so if it was the guardian ability it would be on the engineer as well. Also... it is CLEARLY purple and not because of an eye trick with the red armor.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    If a guardian just has the shield virtue active(but not activated for everyone, just for himself as a passive bonus), the shield still shows for the guardian, but for the guardian only. You can see it on some guardian vids from gamescom. Combined with the fact that to me, it looks like heavy armor and he seems to be holding his 2H sword for melee(not sure if mesmer can do that). You can see a butterfly in the screenshot though. But that just may be a accidental mesmer portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    If a guardian just has the shield virtue active(but not activated for everyone, just for himself as a passive bonus), the shield still shows for the guardian, but for the guardian only. You can see it on some guardian vids from gamescom. Combined with the fact that to me, it looks like heavy armor and he seems to be holding his 2H sword for melee(not sure if mesmer can do that). You can see a butterfly in the screenshot though. But that just may be a accidental mesmer portal.
    I think ur talking about the wrong photo. We mean the one on the last page that was from today's batch of pics in GWI
    Sorry in advance if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    Does anyone know if there will be an option to turn off the team side colored characters in pvp?
    The pvp colors are placeholders, they have yet to finish the game and they've stated somewhere in pax that they want to keep the customization given to players in pvp. Now, given that I have no idea on what they've decided, they may be final but I highly doubt it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I think ur talking about the wrong photo. We mean the one on the last page that was from today's batch of pics in GWI
    Sorry in advance if I'm wrong.
    Ah, I was talking about the one posted by Nektar. Now I just realized that was indeed a guardian. Bah, silly me. I blame all the studying, will be glad when it's over later today.

Yeh, the one from guildwarsinsider looks different than the shield from a guardian, it's definitely purple and not blue. Can't really see if it's light or heavy armor(though boots seem more mail-like), and the sword he's wearing isn't helping much. Though I can't seem to see an offhand? Does that thing disappear on occasions during spell effects?
    Last edited by mmoccf2a3d971d; 2012-02-01 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    Ah, I was talking about the one posted by Nektar. Now I just realized that was indeed a guardian. Bah, silly me. I blame all the studying, will be glad when it's over later today.

Yeh, the one from guildwarsinsider looks different than the shield from a guardian, it's definitely purple and not blue. Can't really see if it's light or heavy armor(though boots seem more mail-like), and the sword he's wearing isn't helping much. Though I can't seem to see an offhand? Does that thing disappear on occasions during spell effects?
    I had a good zoom in earlier and it didn't seem like heavy armor to me. I think it's the mesmer mirror skill...seems to be enough evidence from what ppl have said...but we'll have to wait n see

I had a good zoom in earlier and it didn't seem like heavy armor to me. I think it's the mesmer mirror skill...seems to be enough evidence from what ppl have said...but we'll have to wait n see
    Btw he is using a staff, not sword. Do we have any evidence that colors mix according for team color? So If I was red team with a blue shield it would be purple.... that seems too much unnecessary work tbh and its too convenient that its purple

The visual seems to disappear on others. Also the character animation doesn't change to if you were actually holding a shield.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-02-01 at 03:00 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I spent ages looking for actual pics of the mesmer mirror skill, and ofc just got loads of the mirror image skill.
    No info on the colour changes...but it's just, the more I look at it and think about what ppl have said, the less I think that it could be the faithful strike.
    He's a mesmer, from the caption on GWI, standing at range to a ranger. The skill clearly says it reflects projectiles. Gotta be imo.

I spent ages looking for actual pics of the mesmer mirror skill, and ofc just got loads of the mirror image skill.
    No info on the colour changes...but it's just, the more I look at it and think about what ppl have said, the less I think that it could be the faithful strike.
    He's a mesmer, from the caption on GWI, standing at range to a ranger. The skill clearly says it reflects projectiles. Gotta be imo.
    The only skills we know of are the ones from mesmer release preview. Only beta testers know the rest :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixor View Post
    You may run in fear now, I´ve already planted the seed in you.
    Well I've already planted land mines, you might not want to run anywhere...

Yea guild wars came in the mail!

Mesmer here I come.

Originally Posted by Blizzard
    A Break in the Mists: Alert the Press!

Since the announcement of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria at BlizzCon 2011, we’ve been hard at work on all of the new game features, environments, dungeons, and other content that awaits adventurers. Today, we’re inviting members of the press worldwide to get an updated sneak peek and some hands-on time with the latest version of World of Warcraft’s fourth expansion at an event taking place March 13 - 15.
    Funny how synchronized this happens, guess MoP will launch as direct competitor to GW2... just saying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Funny how synchronized this happens, guess MoP will launch as direct competitor to GW2... just saying
    Yeah, I thought the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Blizzard will have to rush in order to release around the same time as GW2. Blizzard typically runs 4-5 month betas so if they wanted to release in say June when GW2 is likely to release, they needed to start their Beta already. To be quite honest Blizzard has lost nearly 2 million subs in a year, does anyone here think those people are going to go back for GW1/GW2 features and mechanics that are shoehorned into a game that wasn't built for them in the first place when they can just play GW2?

Blizzard can afford to advertise it sooner and for longer though, that'll certainly bring in quite a few. So even if it is released a bit later, it will still be a direct competitor. Plus pre orders n such.
    I'm sure noone here thinks those 2m will go back for that ...but maybe some will jump back from tor to wow. Many rifters seem to be either staying there or waiting for GW2 though.
    We'll see what happens to the sub figures when more info on mop is released, and the final release date ofc.

Probably a bad idea for them to release MoP at the same time as GW2. I am kind interested in MoP but doubt I will forgo GW2 early play for an expansion to a game I already play. Probably true for many as well.

Mmmm, in GW1 do I just do secondary quests till I can fulfill my primary ones? And after all the primary ones are done I have officially beat the campaign?

10+ Year Old Account
    I want them to release more lore on classes. I want to know if guardians have some kind code of conduct. I want to be a guardian who smashes heads then gets arrested at the tavern for getting drunk and mooning the waitress... as long as I'm protecting someone in the process!

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I want to be a guardian who smashes heads then gets arrested at the tavern for getting drunk and mooning the waitress... as long as I'm protecting someone in the process!
    Pretty sure Norn Guardians already do this.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Mmmm, in GW1 do I just do secondary quests till I can fulfill my primary ones? And after all the primary ones are done I have officially beat the campaign?
    You can do the quests in whatever order you wish. The campaign quests/missions are the ones that open up new areas though.