10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    What? I'm pretty sure they do have games that you can join whenever you want like battlegrounds/warzones... they have WvWvW, battlegrounds, and 5v5 arena. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    yes and no. yes if it is your first time on that particular game's server, no if you are a regular of that game's server. i.e.

if you always liked the conditions and rule-set (player limit, possible victory conditions, map selection, etc) of the Charr'd Earth game server then you can always play on that server and get to know the people that frequent that game type and thus get to know the other "regulars" of that game server in the process, but you could also opt to just hop around from game type server to game type server, thus randomly bumping into people.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Not sure if that is to be trusted, there are so many fake new about graphics cards and any new hardware.
    Yeah
    Guess I was just excited.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Yeah
    Nvidia claims the cards are twice as fast as last gen, but that could literally mean one card gets 1FPS and the other 2FPS in something. Since it's then technically twice as fast... It happened last time aswell, their marketing team is good at twisting things.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Nvidia claims the cards are twice as fast as last gen, but that could literally mean one card gets 1FPS and the other 2FPS in something. Since it's then technically twice as fast... It happened last time aswell, their marketing team is good at twisting things.
    Indeed. Just think of how many people are holding off on buying the 79xx AMD cards because they keep hearing that "Nvidia cards are going to be faster". Not only that but you have a lot of rumors posted by bloggers who want to generate viewers. Just be patient. It's not outside the realm of possibilities that the new Kepler cards will even perform subpar after all the hype. Just look at what happened to Bulldozer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Yeah
    I just want the dang cards to come out so I can buy a decent 500 series card for less than $250. I don't care what the new cards can do, I just want the current ones to be cheaper since a GTX 560ti should be plenty to play GW2 on at least very high settings if not ultra for most settings.

I really don't think you'd need the best of the best card to play GW2.. My GTX 560 should run this perfectly fine.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

I have a question for GW1 veterans:

I think I'm doing something wrong, I die too often during normal questing and have no idea to beat a challenge mode (those timed missions) with heroes. (I'm a lone wolf), so probably can help me with a few answers/advice.

How do you play effectively with heroes?
    1.) is it necessary to open all of my heroes skillbars during a fight and use them?
    2.) is the order of the hero-skills in their bars important (how good is the ai?)
    3.) what should I control during a fight (regarding heroes?)
    4.) how many monks should I take with me?

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    I really don't think you'd need the best of the best card to play GW2.. My GTX 560 should run this perfectly fine.
    Yeah i'm running a GTX 560ti 2Gb's and i expect it to run the game amazingly since we know arenanet is one of the few companies who seem to care a lot about optimization. I get little blips when I play Swtor and it annoys me to no end which is why i've noticed myself not playing it as much and focusing on lol or Dota2 (somehow this noob got into the beta lol).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Indeed. Just think of how many people are holding off on buying the 79xx AMD cards because they keep hearing that "Nvidia cards are going to be faster". Not only that but you have a lot of rumors posted by bloggers who want to generate viewers. Just be patient. It's not outside the realm of possibilities that the new Kepler cards will even perform subpar after all the hype. Just look at what happened to Bulldozer.
    i must play GW2 in 3D. as the first MMO developed from the get go with 3D in mind, going nVidia for me is a no brainer. then there is also PhysX which games like Batman Arkam City showed add so much to the immersive impact of a game if done right. and yes i do know there is a work-around for both 3D and PhysX for AMD solutions, i just don't want to bother with them especially as they are cumbersome and convoluted to implement.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

First of all if you don't really have that many skills, you should use henchmen instead - a hero with only a few poor skills is close to useless.

1. No, only in very special circumstances
    2. Doesn't matter
    3. Not quite getting this one, you should be calling targets so the heroes attacks the mob you want them to.
    4. if by monks you mean healers, 2 is usually optimal.
    thanks for your advice
    @3: I meant: should I use specific heal skills from the healer-classes, or watch out for interrupt situations (because the ai isn't(??) good in interrupting, etc.). What skills should I activate manually?

Interesting, haven't considered henchmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    thanks for your advice
    @3: I meant: should I use specific heal skills from the healer-classes, or watch out for interrupt situations (because the ai isn't(??) good in interrupting, etc.). What skills should I activate manually?

Interesting, haven't considered henchmen.
    Actually the heroes are better at interrupting than players are.

The only time I really would activate my heroes skills is when I want them to cast Prot Spirit on myself.

The thing that looks most odd to me is that the "ti" models are listed and usually they are never available from the start, it's usually something they introduce late in the chipset cycle.
    I'm more concerned with the comparison chart. I feel like the numbers just don't add up. As for the "ti" models being listed, it does show in the chart at the bottom that they have a Q2/Q3 release instead of saying they are coming out in April, but I don't think that makes this any more legit. But, like I said before, I don't really care what the new cards have, as long as their release reduces the price of the 500 series to something more reasonable.

Deleted
    1. Not really, but it depends on your heroes builds. Try to duplicate builds from this site: Meta builds, Great builds, Good builds. Meta > great > good. A good monk, panic mesmer, and minion master are very important imo. I understand that you might not have all these skills, but try to duplicate it as much as possible. When not possible at all, a henchmen might be better. But I really prefer heroes myself. Important to know is that heroes are insanely good at interrupting. So skills like power drain are very strong.
    2. Quote: ''Some people have speculated that the order in which skills are placed in the hero's skill bar can alter their effectiveness, saying that the hero AI prioritizes the left-most skills in their bar. However, there is currently no concrete evidence that this is the case. ''
    3. Uhmm flag heroes if necessarry?
    4. When not running something special I think 2

@maarius
    Last edited by mmoc3157d46ea6; 2012-02-06 at 08:35 PM.

I hardly used monks. I used a panic healer mesmer, and necro/rit healer.

Monks need too much micro and judgement to have AI run Monk effectively. Rit/x is a safer bet for AI heroes/hench. But if you main Mersmer and play with AI, it's best to have your heroes/hench kit'd with simple & straightforward attacks. So that you can make the Panic/Hex calls.

That said, Gwen is a decent Mesmer. But she's still a robot.

Some classes such as Monk, Mesmer and Paragon only really shine when you are in a group with, ya'know, human beings. Landing Panic as your crew decimates the mobs/players is super satisfying.

1.) is it necessary to open all of my heroes skillbars during a fight and use them?
    2.) is the order of the hero-skills in their bars important (how good is the ai?)
    1°) no, but having a few might help sometimes
    2°) i'd say probably not
    3°) i usually keep a few tabs (usually interrupters) opened so i can lock heroes on specific targets (boss/healer/etc) while i'm calling targets for the rest of them.
    keep in mind there are abilities which the ai is really bad at using, ie you'll have to activate them yourself and/or lock them -to prevent the ai from spamming it for ex.
    4°) 2 healers (+1 hybrid or prot) is usually okay even in hard mode

thanks guys! I think I start with henchmen first, played only a part of nightfall and a few nornquests in EotN yet, still no captured skill since I have no clue from which bosses I should get one (while not wasting a signet of capture on one, heard they are getting more expensive). Trying to avoid wiki as much as possible, takes away the fun imho.

Depends on what you use the wiki for. You can use it just to find the skills you want without spoiling the story and such of the game.

thanks guys! I think I start with henchmen first, played only a part of nightfall and a few nornquests in EotN yet, still no captured skill since I have no clue from which bosses I should get one (while not wasting a signet of capture on one, heard they are getting more expensive). Trying to avoid wiki as much as possible, takes away the fun imho.
    You can use your signet of capture on the boss and look at the skills and click decline if you don't want any of them and still have the signet.

---------- Post added 2012-02-06 at 10:19 PM ----------

I have a question for GW1 veterans:

I think I'm doing something wrong, I die too often during normal questing and have no idea to beat a challenge mode (those timed missions) with heroes. (I'm a lone wolf), so probably can help me with a few answers/advice.

How do you play effectively with heroes?
    1) Nope
    2) Nope
    3) Mostly positioning since so they don't pull extra mobs (flags below ur mini map help control them), also hold down ctrl and press spacebar and all heros will focus your target.
    4) Depends on composition. Monks can be buffers or pure healers, also other classes can bring heals such as ritualist, locks, and paragons. I typically run 2 healers 1 support. However its situational it might be better to only run one healer during a mission if damage is low etc.

Also avoid devirsh, their hero AI is horrible, garbage and wasting a hero spot.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boo for moving house and having to use 3G wireless until I can get my DSL hooked back up.
    0.6Mbps = fail