Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    Casual gamer says no to Guild Wars 2 in first 5 minutes

Tried the beta weekend on a friends pre-purchase account.

My gf (who's a huge World of Warcraft fan), played for the first 3 levels and said she:
    *didn't like the graphics (she likes cartoony WoW style)
    *too twitchy (I think she means too much movement and button mashing for a casual gamer)

She gave the game on her 1-10 scale a weak 4.

Therefore, on this extremely accurate casual gamer sample size of 1, I predict that Guild Wars 2 will be a niche game for serious gamers and won't make it in the casual gamer market.

Discuss.
    It has nothing to do with being casual or hardcore. She doesn't like the combat. There's no such thing as casual combat or casual graphics...

I don't consider myself a hardcore MMO player, and I think GW2 is great. So there goes your theory right out the window.

Am I the only one that thinks ranger pets die really fast in certain situations, and just follows you in the fight, reminding you that you don't give full damage. They are pretty annoying to keep control of too. Does anybody know if that get's better in higher levels?

Also, Romeox83, keep pushing. You know why it's hard? As Arena Net said, "Endgame starts in level 1(2)." While you can argue about how true this is, some of the flavor of it is there. I t can be hard to get into, but just keep trying. I got more fun for me in level 5-6.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2012-04-28 at 11:59 AM.

Deleted

My gf (who's a huge World of Warcraft fan), played for the first 3 levels and said she:
    *too twitchy (I think she means too much movement and button mashing for a casual gamer)

Therefore, on this extremely accurate casual gamer sample size of 1, I predict that Guild Wars 2 will be a niche game for serious gamers and won't make it in the casual gamer market.

Discuss.
    Because casual gamers don't like to use more than 5 spells am I right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks ranger pets die really fast in certain situations, and just follows you in the fight, reminding you that you don't give full damage. They are pretty annoying to keep control of too. Does anybody know if that get's better in higher levels?
    I just avoid pet classes in general. No matter what the game, they always seem to have similar issues. (dumb AI, dying all the time, gimping yourself, ect.)

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I just avoid pet classes in general. No matter what the game, they always seem to have similar issues. (dumb AI, dying all the time, gimping yourself, ect.)
    Always thought WoW pets were fine and simple, but you did have a lot of abilities to help you in WoW, we only got 5 here (that has a likely potential as pet tools.)

Guess I will try to make an Engineer, but quick question, has anybody tried two or all races personal story (at least some of it), and which is more fun, Norn or Human?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Always thought WoW pets were fine and simple, but you did have a lot of abilities to help you in WoW, we only got 5 here (that has a likely potential as pet tools.)

Guess I will try to make an Engineer, but quick question, has anybody tried two or all races personal story (at least some of it), and which is more fun, Norn or Human?
    That's all personally. The storylines are all fun to play, if you liek the race.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    @Dantom06, Oh so you're another potential recruit for "The Slayers of the Twenty One" ?
    What do you mean ? Im still trying to Log on I wanna play so bad !

10+ Year Old Account

Discuss.

LOL!! I'm casual (no choice there any more) and I'm female, and i love GW2.. So far.. t's ok for her not to like it- everyone has their own opinion, but it's not ok for you to make such a grand generalisation based on 1 review O.o

Deleted
    Getting the ''unable to complete operation'' again when trying to log-in to a character (log-in works fine).. Anyone got any advice? I really like to play but so far I've only been able to play for ~2 hour or so..
    Is there something I can do? Or should I just have patience because the servers are full or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Getting the ''unable to complete operation'' again when trying to log-in to a character (log-in works fine).. Anyone got any advice? I really like to play but so far I've only been able to play for ~2 hour or so..
    Is there something I can do? Or should I just have patience because the servers are full or something?
    Log into your account GW2.Com, go to security - click disconnect on all sessions that have the button, close client, try log in again.. if that doesn't work, log out and set status to invisible.. one of the two may work, if not wait a few mins try again, it is pretty busy on the servers and if ur on sea of sorrows, its peak time for aussies!

Quote Originally Posted by GW2Betatester View Post
    That's all personally. The storylines are all fun to play, if you liek the race.
    Hmm, gonna do World PvP with my engineer then.

---------- Post added 2012-04-28 at 02:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    I have the same problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    Log into your account GW2.Com, go to security - click disconnect on all sessions that have the button, close client, try log in again.. if that doesn't work, log out and set status to invisible.. one of the two may work, if not wait a few mins try again, it is pretty busy on the servers and if ur on sea of sorrows, its peak time for aussies!
    Thanks for the reply, but it didn't work I'm afraid. And I'm on EU far shiverpeaks btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hurp-derp!
    Can't tell if troll or not...

Back OT: I'm having a blast screwing around with just character creation. But I think I'm close to what I want on release.

Also, the Charr area is kind of shmushed into itself, so I'm constantly taking my Charr to the Human area. Anyone find themselves enjoying other playing areas as a different race?

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    It has nothing to do with being casual or hardcore. She doesn't like the combat. There's no such thing as casual combat or casual graphics...

I don't consider myself a hardcore MMO player, and I think GW2 is great. So there goes your theory right out the window.
    I have to disagree with that GW2 is a lot more for the hardcore gamer. The difficult level past level 15 is absolutely ridiculous at some points and I can't see little 12 year old wow players even being able to make it past level 20 let alone all the way to 80. I was having a hard time staying alive against mobs the same level as me.I made it to 85 in WoW about 2-3 times dying less than 50 times. I am well past that number now. The learning curve is also a bit more tricky I think with the weapon swaps and different combos of traits and utility skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    The learning curve is also a bit more tricky I think with the weapon swaps and different combos of traits and utility skills.
    In my opinion it's not the learning curve, it's the skillcap. Skillcap = the most you can get out of a class based on skill.
    E.G. Reckfull (rogue) he's probably at the skillcap since people won't be able to play a rogue better.
    However this doesn't mean the learning curve for a rogue is steep nor the treshold.

Translated back to GW2: The learning curve isn't tricky, there simply is a higher general skillcap (technicly you can run around with one weaponset and be OK(ish))

EDIT: I do agree with what you posted though, just wanted to clarify that little thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Reckfull (rogue) he's probably at the skillcap since people won't be able to play a rogue better.
    I killed Reckful once in WSG on my Rogue
    Final score was 15 v 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I killed Reckful once in WSG on my Rogue
    Final score was 15 v 1

I honestly have no ideal who that guy is since I haven't played WoW is 6 months but meh 15v1? Why you slacking...

It has been 20 hours now and still can't get in the game ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    I honestly have no ideal who that guy is since I haven't played WoW is 6 months but meh 15v1? Why you slacking...
    Reckful is the no.1 PVP Rogue in the world. I'm not kidding when I say I was proud to get 1 kill on him, especially since I was wearing glass cannon heroic raid gear lol

---------- Post added 2012-04-29 at 01:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    It has been 20 hours now and still can't get in the game ...
    I suspect it's a geographic problem. They have been having problems with people logging in from the middle east, and I suspect you may be having the same problem from Morocco.

Do you have a proxy you can use?

Been in the beta a good bit and I've got one question for you guys: anyone else finding it hard to stay alive as a melee compared to range? I've been bouncing around making characters of a lot of different professions, and I find that I'm enjoying warrior the best, but I simply can't dodge enough. Whereas on engineer, necro, hunter, I usually don't even have shots coming my way.