Since Server is down here my impressions so far

Pro:

1. Very friendly community (they ressed me several times during events, no flamewars, everybody was polite - it was really awesome)
    2. Very cool event System (I loved Warhammers Public Quests - this is PQs deluxe)
    3. Finally no fighting about loot and mobs
    4. Awesome city (except the strange whisper sounds)
    5. easy to learn, hard to master

Con:

1. Performance issues (especially lag but also framerate during some events)
    2. Graphics are sometimes VERY bland and in other spots breathtaking beautiful - compared to Tera there is still much lighting work to do
    3. Instant Mob spawn+attack on your character during events - mobs should not attack for 2-3 seconds so you can move out of range
    4. Down-state is annoying and not working the way I expected. Most of the time it's just useless 10 seconds you fight against a mob that kills you anyway.
    5. Many animations are very stiff and unrealistic - like nothing has weight. Creatures move like they are made of paper or plastic - hollow and stiff. The walking/running animation also has issues. Your feet don't stick to the ground. It feels like you glide on ice sometimes. The shadow is also in a wrong place giving the impression of hovering over the ground.
    6. It's hard to see what area is the correct for your level. Great for exploring but very often you find yourself in areas full of enemys 5 levels above you that can 1-hit your char.
    7. No sell-grey button and more repair npcs would be nice.
    8. It's very hard to dodge correctly with 200+ ping - the animations are very quick. That results in having to constant circletrafe arround mobs as a melee. After 30 minutes I felt sick from all the turning. Casters have much more easy job in this game.

Conclusion:

This game needs polishing - very much polishing - it's a raw form diamond. It can be turned into a brillant. I really hope they will take that time - I think it's not a game for this summer, it's a fall/winter game. But then it should be perfect. I really hope they will not release it too soon - then it could turn into another Warhammer Online!

PS: Sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2012-04-28 at 08:25 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by dlr554 View Post
    Can you upgrade your underwater gear? I still have the same air mask and dull trident at level 16.
    im sure yes. ive had lots of blue tridents and even a harpoon spear. pretty sre the mask is also upgradable.

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    This game is the biggest disappointment i have ever had in my gaming-life.
    Boring combat system.
    Boring pvp.
    Boring story.
    Boring quests.
    Boring skills.

Sold my account on ebay. Too bad i was REALLY looking forward to this one.

What a disappointment....
    combat for melee is pretty retarded. can't tell what you're hitting with 200x spells going on, being knocked down etc.

quests, as usual, boring as fuck. dynamic events weren't all that engaging at all, at least below lvl10.

pvp was damn good though, minus the melee part and the downed state is pretty stupid to have in pvp

Deleted
    Boring combat system.
    Boring pvp.
    Boring story.
    Boring quests.
    Boring skills.

Game doesn't even have a release date yet but whatever.

Boring combat system.
    Boring pvp.
    Boring story.
    Boring quests.
    Boring skills.

Cool story bro

Quote Originally Posted by dlr554 View Post
    Can you upgrade your underwater gear? I still have the same air mask and dull trident at level 16.
    I found plenty of better underwater weapons that I did not want but no breathing masks
    You can just buy white tridents at a vendor if you really want, or craft some

10+ Year Old Account
    Boring combat system.
    Boring pvp.
    Boring story.
    Boring quests.
    Boring skills.

While you're allowed to have your opinion, if you're going to share something like that, you really should elaborate. What's boring about it? Why do you find it boring? What would you do to improve upon it?
    Your subjective opinion is, well.. subjective, and anecdotal, because I wasn't bored.

Until you elaborate, it's hard to tell your post apart from a troll post, especially with the ebay comment.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    combat for melee is pretty retarded. can't tell what you're hitting with 200x spells going on, being knocked down etc.

quests, as usual, boring as fuck. dynamic events weren't all that engaging at all, at least below lvl10.

pvp was damn good though, minus the melee part and the downed state is pretty stupid to have in pvp
    any game, not even a mmo game, ANY game does not favor melee. look at raids in wow, or melee in gw1. its impossible for melee to do anything helpful in your [arty but to buff. they gave you bows and guns, wsitch to them and enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account

That is... the most hilarious thing I've ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by agracul View Post
    any game, not even a mmo game, ANY game does not favor melee. look at raids in wow, or melee in gw1. its impossible for melee to do anything helpful in your [arty but to buff. they gave you bows and guns, wsitch to them and enjoy.
    i can give 2shits about killing dragons in pve. gw2 is a pvp based game, they need to look into melee situation, especially in wvwvw.

10+ Year Old Account
    gw2 is a pvp based game
    Wow people still believe this?

Deleted
    L-o-v-i-n-g i-t.

Only thing bothering me at the moment is that my friend that was going to play with me hasn't been able to log in yet, because he's getting that "21" error which is affecting mostly people from the middle-east.

10+ Year Old Account
    i can give 2shits about killing dragons in pve.
    So you do care?

Boring combat system.
    Boring pvp.
    Boring story.
    Boring quests.
    Boring skills.

Not sure i-

Nevermind. Bye.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Not sure i-

Nevermind. Bye.
    Larynx... you just made my day. I laughed.

This game is already in beta so dont expect big changes for release.
    Beta is made to test and polish already implemented features.

Why combat system is boring? Well, i can only speak for melee cause i dont like ranged classes. You stand there, you got 5 attacking skills which all look exactly the same.
    You cant avoid shit cause everything is squishy and retarded. You stand there, autoattack, push 1 of your 4 left attacking buttons when off cd and needed. Avoid
    aoe stuff which is shown as a red circle on the ground. Well. And thats it. After 1 hour i had all Skills with sword and hammer and i was like... wtf.. this is it? Thats all?

Its not like i want to troll this game or something. Dont get me wrong. I was really looking forward. I was hyped. I watched tons of movies.
    I payed 50€. And i couldnt wait to play it. But in all honesty, this game sucks and like i said before, it wont change till release because it cant.

Not only is melee tough in pvp but pve as well. Ignorance is bliss.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...rrible_in_pve/

I've been seeing people with huge flaming swords or some sort of huge 2hander that looks like Nightmare's from Soul Calibur. What are they and where are they getting them from?!?

Everyone seems to be having so much fun in beta, wish I could play too... :<

Promoting this cool GW2 PvP stream: www.twitch.tv/alphacollective
    Great guys (and gurl), experienced PvP players.
    Hi

Deleted
    This game is already in beta so dont expect big changes for release.
    Beta is made to test and polish already implemented features.

Why combat system is boring? Well, i can only speak for melee cause i dont like ranged classes. You stand there, you got 5 attacking skills which all look exactly the same.
    You cant avoid shit cause everything is squishy and retarded. You stand there, autoattack, push 1 of your 4 left attacking buttons when off cd and needed. Avoid
    aoe stuff which is shown as a red circle on the ground. Well. And thats it. After 1 hour i had all Skills with sword and hammer and i was like... wtf.. this is it? Thats all?

Its not like i want to troll this game or something. Dont get me wrong. I was really looking forward. I was hyped. I watched tons of movies.
    I payed 50€. And i couldnt wait to play it. But in all honesty, this game sucks and like i said before, it wont change till release because it cant.
    Yes, all valid concerns, but stating opinion as a fact and saying a game 'sucks' and 'boring' and selling it on ebay is just a bit... asking for it no?
    I can understand it's not up for your likings, but many are liking it, perhaps if you post constructively by explaining it at first people wouldn't think you were trolling.