Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    The best part of that was the fact that you could right click on crafting materials and send them to the crafting bank while you're out exploring.
    Makes inventory management cake, not sure how many actually noticed it.
    ....Oh how easier my play would have been if i only right clicked crafting materials at least once /sigh

I liked how the items you could equip appeared in the hero screen so i didnt have to look for them in my actual inventory

I think the one advantage GW2 has over other MMO's will be that it's neither free to play nor sub based. This is a smart solution to keeping idiot F2P players out, as well as keeping it cheap enough that people don't feel like they're wasting money every month.

Awesome thread, thanks for posting it!

Some of the complaints that I've read are puzzling to me. I've read on several sites that they think the difficulty is too high. And I also have seen complaints about the combat. People just need to adjust to the game mechanics.

About combat, lag makes a huge difference. When it was laggy the combat was frustrating. But with no lag I found it a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    Arenanet has always had that yeah, and it's not a blizzard thing really, many has done it in the past *cough duke nukem cough*
    uhm sorry, but don't list duke nukem as an example please, this game was not "done" for 10+ years because the developers and publishers sucked big time and hyped it instead of producing it, so this was a very different situation. if you had made the comparison with id software or bethesda games it would have fitted better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    To those who tested rangers... how was the longbow? Were you killing things really quick with it? And despite pets dying a lot, did they do decent damage?
    I played ranger most of the weekend, greatsword/longbow and I loved it! Really amazing, fits my playstyle perfectly. Damage wise, the greatsword did more (when you could actually hit the targets), but longbow was great at keeping distance. I kept winning 2v1 in the battlegrounds by keeping them at a distance and slowing them with longbow, and then once it was impossible, id switch to greatsword, pop my Quickness/Swiftness utility skill and slice their faces in no time at all. I also played a lot with shortbow, and while it was okayish, I definitely prefer the longbow.

Deleted
    I'm surprised MMO champ didn't even mention Guild Wars 2 on their homepage. You'd think the BWE would be at least foot note worthy.

Guess only WoW matters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boredisboring13 View Post
    I'm surprised MMO champ didn't even mention Guild Wars 2 on their homepage. You'd think the BWE would be at least foot note worthy.

Guess only WoW matters.
    Exact what I'd thought, silly Blizzard fanboys.

Guess only WoW matters.
    It's a WoW/Blizzard fansite, I'd be shocked if they actually acknowledged other games, let alone write a paragraph or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    It's a WoW/Blizzard fansite, I'd be shocked if they actually acknowledged other games, let alone write a paragraph or two.
    why don't they just change the name to wow-champion.com then

Deleted
    They did make a reference to Guild Wars once, don't know what the occasion was anymore. But yeh, it's just WoW. Though I can imagine Curse not wanting mmo-champions to go GW2, they got guru for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Some of the complaints that I've read are puzzling to me. I've read on several sites that they think the difficulty is too high. And I also have seen complaints about the combat. People just need to adjust to the game mechanics.

About combat, lag makes a huge difference. When it was laggy the combat was frustrating. But with no lag I found it a lot of fun.
    I agree about the lag, eps. in a twitch game like GW2. I am also puzzled by the complaints of difficulty. Though I understand some events or mobs were erratic [esp. respawn rates in certain areas]. Aside from that I found the game to be about the same difficulty as most other MMOs. I didn't die very often and solo'd most things up till the 20s on 3 classes.

The most powerful skill in the game is walking in a circle. It utterly devastates mobs. There was an elite centaur event in Kessex where the town was being attacked or some other. Duo'd it with my sister [level 9] @ level 15. The event was a group quest and mobs were in the 20. In the same zone, in the lake was a group DE for the blood queen mob- just circle strafe.

Personal story was also a breeze. I found the balance to be just right for the most part and always quite obvious how you are suppose to handle the area. Such as the bandit lieutenant DE chain or the centaur raid @ the garrison in Snowden.

I would say the nature of combat probably accounted for a lot of these "too hard" complaints I seen pop up. Lag too, of course. Although the game ran beautifully for me without technical issue.

Too hard? Come on now. This ain't Battletoads. -_-

Deleted
    I died a lot of times. But I can accept it was because of the lag I had. Can't really tell, would need to be able to play without lag to see if it's that or my need to get better.

10+ Year Old Account

Guess only WoW matters.
    It's a WoW website. (Don't give me wrong, I wish they gave GW2 more credit, but they aren't obligated to.) Created many many years ago when it was the "only" MMO on the market worth even picking up. Don't suggest them to change their name just because a new MMO has come out. I'm glad they've given us this subforum.
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klazmaunt View Post
    Don't suggest them to change their name just because a new MMO has come out.
    Nobody's suggesting this. This is MMO Champion, not WoW Champion. Regardless of the initial reason the site was created when it was created, the industry has evolved beyond just WoW. If the site doesn't evolve with the industry, it will get left behind.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klazmaunt View Post
    It's a WoW website. (Don't give me wrong, I wish they gave GW2 more credit, but they aren't obligated to.) Created many many years ago when it was the "only" MMO on the market worth even picking up. Don't suggest them to change their name just because a new MMO has come out. I'm glad they've given us this subforum.
    I don't want them to change the name either, but you have to admit they weren't looking at the future back then. Because god forbid, other mmo's could have gotten popular in the '(then) future and the name would be confusing then.

Just going to add about the not mentioning GW2 on MMO-champ.

I know the one thing they put up on the front page was the sign ups for the beta weekend a few months back.

But guildwars2guru got a facelift (not sure when, just noticed it today), so I really doubt there is going to be any GW2 news on MMO-champ because its a wow site and there is already a GW2 site (guildwars2guru).
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    why don't they just change the name to wow-champion.com then
    WoW is the "MMO champion"

Deleted
    WoW is the "MMO champion"
    Then they'll have to change either their name or their choice of game to report this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    Then they'll have to change either their name or their choice of game to report this year.
    Or they'll continue being a dedicated WoW fansite.

Deleted
    Or they'll continue being a dedicated WoW fansite.
    It was only ment as a joke, I know they won't change. Granted, humor isn't my strongest ability.