Deleted
    I may have mentioned this before, but I do wonder if summer is such a bad time for an MMO to release...

It is. College kids are not at school and generally MMO attendance drops off GREATLY during the summer months. MMOs are inherently about time investment. Just bad business and natural human reaction to do other things in the summer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    No, it's a social guild. Basically a chat room.
    No reason to be on the server after they get the server visits sorted out unless there's people from MMO-c you want to WvW with.
    That's what I was saying last week and no one seems to be able to get their head around it.

What's so wrong with just popping in for a quild chat occasionally and doing the occasional meet-up on a chosen visit server?
    People need to stop thinking of "guild" in the traditional wow sense. Think "club".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    That's what I was saying last week and no one seems to be able to get their head around it.

What's so wrong with just popping in for a quild chat occasionally and doing the occasional meet-up on a chosen visit server?
    People need to stop thinking of "guild" in the traditional wow sense. Think "club".
    I actually think this is why I'm kinda excited about being part of a guild (or ten) in this game. It's not a job application, it's just a 'club' in which you chat and socialize with people.

Also, as someone at Uni, I'd love to have GW2 to do me over for the summer, but... yeah I can understand some people might like to go outside and do other things and the mmo market isn't very friendly to that. Do you think though, that due to it being B2P and non subscription fee they could manage a summer release? (I'm sure some people would still play it, it's not summer all over the world, and not everyone wishes - or has the weather - to go outside all the time).

I don't know, but apparently it's an evil concept.
    Reason #359 that having two MMO-c guilds is pointless. Sure, we can't do WvW all together at the same time.. but 1) it's a social guild and 2) you can always say, I don't know, "Anyone on the NA server want to do WvW?" or "Anyone on the EU server want to do WvW?"
    I should hope we're not still split come next BWE/launch, it seems to remove half of the reason the guild exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It is. College kids are not at school and generally MMO attendance drops off GREATLY during the summer months. MMOs are inherently about time investment. Just bad business and natural human reaction to do other things in the summer.
    Mmm thats strange. Its the best time for me to play MMO's. Dont have to worry about school at all and can play all day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm putting my reply to this in the guild thread :P

The netcode and cross server options are beyond impressive in GW2. My sister & friends were on Underworld, a EU server. My sis lives in Massachusetts. I was on Darkhaven, US. We were grouped, guilded and cross guild chatting as soon as I registered our guild name for F&F. We were without issue all weekend.

Looking at the barriers to entry other MMOs have in simply playing & chatting with friends I can't help but feel some of these games are literally built around 10 year old notions & tech.

GW2 social options are clearly the way forward.

Deleted
    >_>
    <_<
    Has anyone dreamed about Guild Wars 2 or am I the only one? ._.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm putting my money on an August release as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    >_>
    <_<
    Has anyone dreamed about Guild Wars 2 or am I the only one? ._.
    You're not alone.
    I also have the main theme and the charr theme in a loop in my head every night when I go to sleep, since I've played the beta.
    GW2 dreams are quite frustrating because just when you think 'oh I could play it' you realise there's no beta running so you have to wait. *sigh*

The netcode
    Luckyyy.
    We had huge lag in any 1-15 zone on Sea of Sorrows due to the player cap seemingly being much too high.

(That falls under netcode, correct? When I think netcode, I think 'how laggy is the server side lag')
    The jump puzzle in nornland took forever. Not due to the jumping, that was cake, but due to the mobs sitting still for a second then instagibbing us. Or when one reached across the gap and killed someone, that was funny. Maybe not server lag, though. :P

I had almost no lag all weekend. The game ran beautifully in almost all areas. Smooth as silk.

I had almost no lag all weekend. The game ran beautifully in almost all areas. Smooth as silk.
    Ours was the first to fill (from what I've heard) and I guess the cap was too high.
    The 1-15 zones were practically unplayable, while I felt like I was playing with less than 50ms in the 15-25 zones.
    Hearing that other servers were fine gives me confidence though, it makes me feel less likely that it will be a launch issue.
    Esp since almost every server was "full". Maybe they lowered the cap after our server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ours was the first to fill (from what I've heard) and I guess the cap was too high.
    The 1-15 zones were practically unplayable, while I felt like I was playing with less than 50ms in the 15-25 zones.
    Hearing that other servers were fine gives me confidence though, it makes me feel less likely that it will be a launch issue.
    Esp since almost every server was "full". Maybe they lowered the cap after our server.
    Look at bright side, at least SoS gave ArenaNet the most data about servers.

Look at bright side, at least SoS gave ArenaNet the most data about servers.
    I feel so helpful!

Supposedly Dark Haven was the first to fill, or did I hear that wrong?

Supposedly Dark Haven was the first to fill, or did I hear that wrong?
    I may have heard wrong.
    All I know is our server had pretty terrible server side lag.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel so helpful!
    My sarcasm detector just exploded! And it's built to withstand Asuran levels of sarcasm D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    late reply.......but jeez, this is like the single thing about GW2 that I really really don't like.
    I truly hope they have an option to turn it off or turn it into ground circles.

Idd......there were some screeshots of pvp a few months back that seemed to have the outlines replaced by ground circles. If that's not the case now I am /sadface. I'll def be posting on the offical forums next beta about it.
    ur right, it just looks tacky....and are basically fluorescent outline totally spoiling the beautiful artwork of the characters. imo.
    I chucked it in the suggestions forum, an option in the game menu (to keep ppl who like it happy as well) or to add circles.. so fingers crossed little old me gets heard.. haha a few ppl agreed with me