10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    is it though? I think if I crunch the numbers for unlocking all that I 'need' (want :P) on all 8 characters, plus the extra cost of boxes and expansions, it wont be far off.
    But if we're talking expansions then we're talking multiple years, and thus multiples of $180 vs a one time fee for bag slots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gero View Post
    Well they obviously testing the asura/sylvari zones and it looks like the newest build. Just look at the revamped gem store on the last pic

imgur.com/a/JvEhm#18
    what's with the rainbow thing in the gemstore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Firstly, T-stones are bound per character limiting skin transfer.
    Secondly, as a result of the first this would force you to buy T-stones per character to reskin items.
    Thirdly, one can only skin same type to same type of item.
    Fourthly, t-stones break the original item without keeping the original skin.
    Fifthly, there is no way to keep multiple sets of clothing that has been reskinned to swap to on-the-fly.
    Sixthly, there is no on-the-fly dye preview.
    Seventh, not all combat clothes or town clothes can be reskinned.
    Eightly, it's restricted by level... WHAT IN THE %$#&.

And yes, I made up the word "eightly". I am in not giving a flip about grammar mode more than usual now.

The single worse reskin & wardrobe system I have ever seen.
    Hrm. It does sound highly restrictive. The original item is destroyed?!

I honestly only have a real problem with the first 2, and the 8th one.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    what's with the rainbow thing in the gemstore
    Just a filler image.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    But if we're talking expansions then we're talking multiple years, and thus multiples of $180 vs a one time fee for bag slots.
    Assuming one expansion costs $60 dollars, and they're released yearly, that's still a $120 difference. ^^

GW2 yearly subscription: $0
    GW2 yearly expansion: $60

WoW yearly subscription: $180
    WoW yearly expansion cost: $20-$30? (assuming 2 to 3 years per)
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-05-16 at 12:37 AM.

Deleted
    so... lets say you need 2 bag slots and 1 account tab per character, thats 1400 gems each.

so for 8 characters thats 11,200 gems plus 2400 for 3 char unlocks. = 13,600 gems

now im not sure but what i have seen that 400 gems cost 5$ US.

This means that the cost for the above would be 170$.

Of course this is subject to change but for altoholics, the game is starting to look pretty expensive.

Also I see that 12 slot bags are on sale for 300 gems on the cash shop, which means either they will be a huge pain to make, or they are way overpriced.

Perhaps we dont 'need' these unlocks, but I dont really want to have to teleport to the bank / shops, or mess around with the auction house after every few dynamic events.

Deleted
    you can buy gems with your in-game gold too

Two bag slots isn't going to be the difference, and if it really is that important to you, at least you have the option of paying for it instead of being forced to.

And like Daffkeeks said, gems are tradable anyways. You can get anything that's available by just playing the game if you really wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Hrm. It does sound highly restrictive. The original item is destroyed?!

I honestly only have a real problem with the first 2, and the 8th one.
    Yes, the item is erased. -_-

I have a problem with all 8. Even LOTRO and EQ2 had better systems than GW2.

Most insulting part of it all is there is no way to show/hide every wearable element selectively. Is this 2004? What in the bloody hell...

Add that as Ninthly.

Deleted
    is the t-stone stuff still subject to change? because it sucks balls as how it works now

10+ Year Old Account
    you can buy gems with your in-game gold too
    Winner.

Try to pay company B in gold

Firstly, T-stones are bound per character limiting skin transfer.
    Secondly, as a result of the first this would force you to buy T-stones per character to reskin items.
    Thirdly, one can only skin same type to same type of item.
    Fourthly, t-stones break the original item without keeping the original skin.
    Fifthly, there is no way to keep multiple sets of clothing that has been reskinned to swap to on-the-fly.
    Sixthly, there is no on-the-fly dye preview.
    Seventh, not all combat clothes or town clothes can be reskinned.
    Eightly, it's restricted by level... WHAT IN THE %$#&.

And yes, I made up the word "eightly". I am in not giving a flip about grammar mode more than usual now.

The single worse reskin & wardrobe system I have ever seen.
    Wow that is just crap......if I am reading this correctly you are correct, it is the worse reskin/wardrobe system ever. *sigh* Even though it is cosmetic, I do want to make my character look different and this severely as it seems limit that.

Who is really paying 180$ for for a sub game a year? Really now.

No offense meant to anyone, but I kinda feel if you are paying literally 1-month at a time you kinda deserve to be fleeced.

10+ Year Old Account
    is the t-stone stuff still subject to change? because it sucks balls as how it works now
    Well, people just need to be very openly and adamantly against the system in giving feedback to ANet about the system. Maybe before you even play in BWE2, you should make a long post about it and link us to it. :P

---------- Post added 2012-05-15 at 07:47 PM ----------

No offense meant to anyone, but I kinda feel if you are paying literally 1-month at a time you kinda deserve to be fleeced.
    Even then, paying WoW in 6-month intervals (the max from what I could figure) is $77.80, which totals to $156 a year rounded. Not as cheap as one would hope.

Even if ANet pushes out one expac every 6 months, that means after a full year of GW2, without counting cash shop, I'll have spent $60 on the initial release... and I'm assuming the expansions/campaigns will cost either $30 or $40 each. $100 a year for one game, (not counting the fact that at the 12th month I'd be gearing up to spend another $30-40 for the second expa), isn't all that bad, all things considered.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account

I think in 2012, if you're paying a sub fee you're being fleeced regardless of how often you pay.

6 month is still $155 a year. It's $13 per month, rather than $15.

Which by the way is still more expensive than free.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I think in 2012, if you're paying a sub fee you're being fleeced regardless of how often you pay.
    Oh? I think I get quite a bit for my $9/mo.

http://www.riftgame.com/en/game/upda...ernal-dawn.php
    http://community.riftgame.com/2012/0...-thursday-517/
    http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...s/patch-notes/
    http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...announcements/
    http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...ml#post3791362

I would say that is quite a lot for what is cheaper than the price of a danish & coffee up the block.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-05-16 at 12:52 AM.

How is it getting fleeced when you are having a good time? Unless the items are somewhat "reasonable" to get by in game alone, a lot of people who love alts are gonna buy gems as it would be much faster to get. I mean more people would rather buy the stuff than farm the gems for 5 months. I doubt the game is gonna drop a lot of gems or else there would be no point of a cash shop. I can easily see quite a few people spend more than 180 bucks in one year for GW 2 to get their toons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    6 month is still $155 a year. It's $13 per month, rather than $15.
    Oh? I think I get quite a bit for my $9/mo.
    Do your math again!

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Which by the way is still more expensive than free.
    Technically it's $60 every 6 months, assuming they stick to the same release schedule they had in GW1.

Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    How is it getting fleeced when you are having a good time? Unless the items are somewhat "reasonable" to get by in game alone, a lot of people who love alts are gonna buy gems as it would be much faster to get. I mean more people would rather buy the stuff than farm the gems for 5 months. I doubt the game is gonna drop a lot of gems or else there would be no point of a cash shop. I can easily see quite a few people spend more than 180 bucks in one year for GW 2 to get their toons.
    Pretty sure you misread what I was speaking about.