Google or facebook, who will win?!

http://internet-map.net/#8-168.36511...95427703857422
    (zoom out)
    so many COLOURSS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    Welcome back

Interesting article there.

Have to agree with Larynx on one point, that the article poorly compares WoW with GW2, as there are nothing alike(except fantasy). However it is not being alike that i think will push Anet/Ncsoft to the top. Not WoW bashing either, i just think it would be refreshing for someone to finally take the top perch, to have a different name up there, i mean 7 years is a long time up there, and hats off to Blizz for that, but it's like the same Athelete winning the same race year in year out, it gets boring seeing the same old, same old Winner. kwim?
    I would love to see ArenaNet up there with Blizzard.

Those guys and gals deserve it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    Welcome back

Interesting article there.

Have to agree with Larynx on one point, that the article poorly compares WoW with GW2, as there are nothing alike(except fantasy). However it is not being alike that i think will push Anet/Ncsoft to the top. Not WoW bashing either, i just think it would be refreshing for someone to finally take the top perch, to have a different name up there, i mean 7 years is a long time up there, and hats off to Blizz for that, but it's like the same Athelete winning the same race year in year out, it gets boring seeing the same old, same old Winner. kwim?
    I'd rather not see any game on top(even GW2), but rather as many games as possible neck and neck. It would encourage competition, and competition breeds innovation, which the MMO market is in need of. With a Titan like WoW on top, it can bring a lot of developers to saying "Why bother?" When WoW finally falls, it'll make the MMO market a bit more accessible for new ips. I'm hoping GW2 might help players become more tolerate of change and give life to these new ips.
    Last edited by Gisei; 2012-08-04 at 06:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gisei View Post
    I'd rather not see any game on top(even GW2), but rather as many games as possible neck and neck. It would encourage competition, and competition breeds innovation, which the MMO market is in need of. With a Titan like WoW on top, it can bring a lot of developers to saying "Why bother?" When WoW finally falls, it'll make the MMO market a bit more accessible for new ips. I'm hoping GW2 might help players become more tolerate of change and give life to these new ips.
    Oh totally, I wasn't meaning knock WoW off, but to be up top just like they are, rather than try and be there but fail for whatever reason/s.

Deleted
    Well done new Mods!!! :-)

Deleted
    Game Breaker talks about Activision Blizzard & Vivendi: http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/wor...hic-situation/

It's getting crowded here

Deleted
    Today I found a game that allows you to learn GW2 boons and conditions easily. It's fun, you can make it harder in the settings. Currently the reddit thread has 1,424 up votes. Save to say more than just me enjoy the game.

Link your highscore screens here if you dare.

Link to the GW2 boons and conditions learning game

Deleted
    gah Im bad at remember so many things at once oO

Quick question - can you transmute a skin of a one weapon type onto another, what I mean is can you take great sword look and give it to normal sword?
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    Quick question - can you transmute a skin of a one weapon type onto another, what I mean is can you take great sword look and give it to normal sword?
    No. /10charr

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    A great sword can only be transmuted with other great swords and so on

So now you can certainly answer for how long a single stage of a dynamic event will run. What is it? Also, how many quest items are there on average in a single stage of a dynamic event scaled to a single player?
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2012-08-04 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    So now you can certainly answer for how long a single stage of a dynamic event will run. What is it? Also, how many quest items are there on average in a single stage of a dynamic event scaled to a single player?
    It strongly differs from event to event. Some I have to pick up 10, some 20.

Why are you proposing a certainty and then asking for its qualification? Why do you then proceed to ask for the number of quest items from dynamic events when the terms are mutually exclusive and non-applicable in this game universe?

I will make no judgement. It's merely impossible to thus answer your questions.
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-08-04 at 01:10 PM.

Deleted
    round 15 score 51 i started making alot of mistakes in the end:P

So now you can certainly answer for how long a single stage of a dynamic event will run. What is it?
    Each stage of an event can vary in how long it will run. I think it honestly depends on how many people are engaged with the event as well as how much people are engaged with it.

Also, how many quest items are there on average in a single stage of a dynamic event scaled to a single player?
    I'm a bit confused when you say quest items, from my recollection there were not many events that required me to use or collect a particular item in the sense of it be a necessity to complete the event. For those events that did ask for such items, again I would say it varied but from my experience it was rare to "fight" over a particular quest item so I don't think you should be too worried.

However keep in mind I did have a limited perspective in the game and as you know there are also multiple ways to complete a quest so my I may be inaccurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay for Sunshine

I come online for the first time today and I see bans left and right here. Hectic morning mods?