I'm not too concerned about the endgame not being ready by launch. I mean, if there is no gear treadmill, if there is no "world first" then what's the rush in the first place? enjoy the leveling, enjoy the feeling of a fresh new world that you haven't seen before, (in case you played GW1, then a world you have seen before but that has drastically changed), the joy of exploration, of diving into the unknown.

These are the things that make ROLEPLAYING games (Be them MMO or not) enjoyable. (at least as far as my taste goes). Not frolicking on some dungeon.

Once I join the game, my first priority will be to see the personal story of all 5 races, followed by having all 8 classes at the level cap. AND THEN I can focus my attention on endgame or pvp. Much like how my priority on MoP will be to get the explorer achievement, and loremaster achievement of the new continent at my own pace. What's the point of rushing things? Playing a good game is like drinking a fine wine. You don't just swallow the whole bottle in 3 glups, you taste it, you enjoy it, you take your time.

---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 09:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Anyway.....we all decided to blame Mif
    Ahh, I see. BAD MIF, bad koala-with-a-gun.

That's one minus cookie for you. (unless the rumor happens to be true, then its a plus one cookie................. and a half)

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I'm not too concerned about the endgame not being ready by launch. I mean, if there is no gear treadmill, if there is no "world first" then what's the rush in the first place? enjoy the leveling, enjoy the feeling of a fresh new world that you haven't seen before, (in case you played GW1, then a world you have seen before but that has drastically changed), the joy of exploration, of diving into the unknown.

These are the things that make ROLEPLAYING games (Be them MMO or not) enjoyable. (at least as far as my taste goes). Not frolicking on some dungeon.

Once I join the game, my first priority will be to see the personal story of all 5 races, followed by having all 8 classes at the level cap. AND THEN I can focus my attention on endgame or pvp. Much like how my priority on MoP will be to get the explorer achievement, and loremaster achievement of the new continent at my own pace. What's the point of rushing things? Playing a good game is like drinking a fine wine. You don't just swallow the whole bottle in 3 glups, you taste it, you enjoy it, you take your time.

---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 09:56 AM ----------

Ahh, I see. BAD MIF, bad koala-with-a-gun.

That's one minus cookie for you. (unless the rumor happens to be true, then its a plus one cookie................. and a half)
    I agree totally with you here.

I won't see charr story as i don't like them, but the other 4 races intrigues me.

Also what is the gem prices in real money?, any one know that?

Should really take those "endgame" comments with a grain of salt. It is from a Portuguese forum poster who admittedly couldn't remember everything that was said from a French community manager trying to communicate in Portuguese.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    Re: Not finished.

So Anet have been determined to not release 'til its done...then, a week before release, they mention in passing at a games fair "oh, no - it's not done".

I just don't buy it. The only way I'd buy it is if they were talking about something that even the most motivated of the "don't sleep until max level" brigade could never possibly get to...and if that's the case, that's fair enough anyway.
    I would way until we get further notice to make any decisions, the source was translated from Portuguese and we don't really know if it's 100%. It could mean that they have some endgame content ready, but that they would like to make more, instead of maybe focusing on future patches/expansions, they'll work at endgame for a little. Not entirely negative maybe.

Deleted
    Uhm... mods, Is it ok to start thread telling people that we are trying to build "unofficial international english server" to Ruins Of Surmia [EU]?

I mean:
    Ruins of Surmia had Spanish guilds/communities, but they are now rolling on the official Spanish server(Baruch Bay[ES]). This left RoS almost empty. People on gw2 guru got idea that we can create nice place for people who do not want to roll on overly populated UK servers, but are afraid to go on servers that are claimed as unofficial "insert non-English language here" server. Now Ruins of Surmia has that "unofficial international english server"-tag also on gw2guilds.org.

I'm not sure where to post stuff like this since it is not guild recruitment, but I would like to tell EU players that there is this option. I'm confused... and I can't see any mesmers here. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    I agree totally with you here.

I won't see charr story as i don't like them, but the other 4 races intrigues me.

Also what is the gem prices in real money?, any one know that?
    But............. but............. they're kitty cats :'( How could someone NOT love cats?

THE POWER OF THE CAT COMPELS YOU! THE POWER THE CAT COMPELS YOU! THE POWER OF THE CAT COMPELS YOU!

(is it working?)
    Last edited by Derah; 2012-08-20 at 02:40 PM.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    I would way until we get further notice to make any decisions, the source was translated from Portuguese and we don't really know if it's 100%. It could mean that they have some endgame content ready, but that they would like to make more, instead of maybe focusing on future patches/expansions, they'll work at endgame for a little. Not entirely negative maybe.
    Agreed - I'm just gonna wait for when/if Anet respond.

TBH - I always said "just release the game now, I'm happy to play while you develop it around me"...sooooo...even if true, I don't care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Uhm... mods, Is it ok to start thread telling people that we are trying to build "unofficial international english server" to Ruins Of Surmia [EU]?

I mean:
    Ruins of Surmia had Spanish guilds/communities, but they are now rolling on the official Spanish server(Baruch Bay[ES]). This left RoS almost empty. People on gw2 guru got idea that we can create nice place for people who do not want to roll on overly populated UK servers, but are afraid to go on servers that are claimed as unofficial "insert non-English language here" server. Now Ruins of Surmia has that "unofficial international english server"-tag also on gw2guilds.org.

I'm not sure where to post stuff like this since it is not guild recruitment, but I would like to tell EU players that there is this option. I'm confused... and I can't see any mesmers here. D:
    A finnish guy not going to an all finnish server? Never thought I'd see that

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    But............. but............. they're kitty cats :'( How could someone NOT love cats?

THE POWER OF THE CAT COMPELS YOU! THE POWER THE CAT COMPELS YOU! THE POWER OF THE CAT COMPELS YOU!

(is it working?)
    Haha, That made me laugh. Thank you. :P you know I honestly had no idea the car was cat's until I read it xD (Only ever saw concept art and the like and i always thought "bull")

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Still doesn't make sense to me. He's bringing up all these restrictions about the Windows Store, but nowhere have I heard that programs installed on your PC, let alone video games, have to come from the Windows Store, or have to be included in it. The Windows Store seems to be exclusively for the fancy apps tied to their new UI interface. In much the same way that a SmartPhone will have a bunch of apps for different purposes, or how the iPhone has apps, the Windows Store will have apps for their Metro interface, specifically - it's why they don't allow the word Metro in the title of Windows Store apps.

It sounds to me that the Windows Store is just not gonna be that big of a deal. What I'm seeing is over-reaction to an unreleased OS, and an incredible amount of wild speculation and rumor.

This article is making me think that it's bad for tablet gaming, but... who the hell games on Tablet PCs?
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-20 at 02:50 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    What time does the early access go live for people in the UK does anybody know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    07:00 GMT officially, however, they stated the servers could go online up to 3 hours early
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Pretty sure it's saturday at 8'o clock in the morning. It has been said by Arena Net that they might open some servers ~ three hours before that.

7 AM for GMT, and UK is GMT+1 so 8 AM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Hopefully someone can enlighten me here, or point me in the right direction to find out myself, but how is the headstart release being handled? Will gamestop have a release on that day/night for it? Are we downloading the client and using that until the day of the actual release (28th)?
    You can use the beta client for when the game actually releases. players will have a (5 days iirc) buffer period iduring which they can play before the game code must be added to the account. This is for accounts with a prepurchase code ofc.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Official release is at 8am in the UK, but the servers may go up from 3 hours earlier (5am). - www.gw2status.com

Edit: I'm way too slow!
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-08-20 at 02:46 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the info guys much appreciated, I think it's time I pre ordered!

Deleted
    Question is - do I get up earlier to check the servers...

Deleted
    Yes Or get a friend who is to call you when they go up if have one, then you get the best of both worlds.

Haha I wasn't calling you a ''mofo'' I was replying to a poster called ''mofo'' in this thread xD

And yeah Steam is absolutely fine on Windows 8, in fact I haven't had a problem with anything so far I was just wondering if Guild Wars 2 will be ok running on the release preview.
    LOL! Oh ok....sorry...big lolz.
    I thought they'd come out and said it wouldn't work. Seemed like Windows were pushing the microsoft software. Well....that's cool if it does work

---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 03:07 PM ----------

That's a question not even worthy of an answer!

But..............Yes! xD