Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Yes Or get a friend who is to call you when they go up if have one, then you get the best of both worlds.
    Meh - none of my friends are gamers...not for want of my trying to turn them to the dark side.

But I agree - it has to be a big yes dunnit :-)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Thanks for the info guys much appreciated, I think it's time I pre ordered!
    Guess you mean pre purchase as that is the option that gives you the 3 day head start.

Pre order only gives you 1 day (which would be Monday the 27th).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Seemed like Windows were pushing the microsoft software.
    What I think is happening is simply that Windows has come up with this fancy "Metro" interface for Windows 8, to replace... I think the Start Menu or something, not 100% sure, and they have the Windows Store in place for developing more apps for it.

They've put restrictions on what can be in the Windows Store, but that doesn't mean restrictions on what can be installed on the computer.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    That's a question not even worthy of an answer!

But..............Yes! xD
    :-)

I like to tease myself with what-ifs...a shallow attempt to make it seem as if I really have any freewill in the decision.

Deleted
    Its weird i keep doing this to myself.

I played BWE 2 and 3, and neither of them i could get out of the starter zones, because i just didnt manage to gel with the game, mechanics, lore, art, everything, i honestly didn't like it, yet here i am stuck with my pre purchase i brought from a independent place who wnt give a refund, yet im more curious and curious as it gets closer to release. heh maybe its my apathy with TOR and its lack of content, maybe im just bored, but im actually thinking of giving it a nice bash again wondering if i'll get on with it this time, and maye just hoping i like it just a smidge to justify the prepurchase!

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    What I think is happening is simply that Windows has come up with this fancy "Metro" interface for Windows 8, to replace... I think the Start Menu or something, not 100% sure, and they have the Windows Store in place for developing more apps for it.

They've put restrictions on what can be in the Windows Store, but that doesn't mean restrictions on what can be installed on the computer.
    From what my friend (yes take it with a grain of salt) who is developing for them as we speak says, yes that is basically how it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, over a quarter of the votes? In a vote between 50 games? I wonder how big the number was.

This should give Guild Wars 2 a bit more attention - I'm noticing a LOT of the comments for that link from people going "Guild Wars 2? What's that?"
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-20 at 03:40 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Awesome. Although I'm suprised Borderlands 2 got bronze and not silver.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Wow, over a quarter of the votes? In a vote between 50 games? I wonder how big the number was.

This should give Guild Wars 2 a bit more attention - I'm noticing a LOT of the comments for that link from people going "Guild Wars 2? What's that?"
    well when the developer puts out tweets and posts it on facebook asking fans to vote i would hope GW2 won. You dont see Blizz asking for votes on their forums or twitter (didnt even check)

Im excited for the game too but it won because it was advertised to ppl that wouldnt normally use ign.com (like me)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    well when the developer puts out tweets and posts it on facebook asking fans to vote i would hope GW2 won. You dont see Blizz asking for votes on their forums or twitter (didnt even check)

Im excited for the game too but it won because it was advertised to ppl that wouldnt normally use ign.com (like me)
    I do see a shared link on their Facebook. I don't really lurk in their forums anymore, and don't much care for twitter.

World of Warcraft shared a link.
    Friday
    Vote for World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria in the IGN People’s Choice Award and help make it the game of gamescom 2012. Hurry, voting closes at 19:00 CEST this coming Sunday!
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-20 at 04:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In regards to this:
    1. The accounts will have a system authenticator (digital and possibly physical) similar to WoW - official information will come out next week.

2. In case of account hacking the account may be restored to their prior state before the intrusion.

3. There will be live in-game support (similar to WoW) through tool that we already use to report BUGS, we will be able to contact a GM in real time.

4. The end-game is not 100% completed, there is much work to do, but ANET is not expecting the the end-game to be reachable quickly, they are now focused on the release, if all goes well they will move on to work at 100% in the endgame (DiabloIII nostalgia??).

PS - They are aware of the disaster of Diablo with the end-game and ensured that will not happen to GW2, after the release team will jump all just work in end-game.

5. Are being explored new methods of PvP, GvG is confirmed to return to GW2, but said they could not disclose much more.

6. New merchandise will be launched on 28/08/2012, including Dragon T-Shirts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Johanson
    Just want to jump on this before it gets out of hand. Pretty much nothing in this post is factually correct, I'm not sure where this information came from but flat out: it's misinformed at best and a lot of it totally false.

We'll absolutely have a GM team that helps support the game at live, the rest of it is partially incorrect information or just plain wrong. You'll start seeing information about our post-ship plans shortly (as early as today on some press sites) but it'll come from developers specifically.

See you in game on Thursday!
    -Colin

Thats what I wanted to hear... Mobile Authenticator for my android.

ps. Changed AV!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Thats what I wanted to hear... Mobile Authenticator for my android.

ps. Changed AV!
    I suggest you read ArenaNet's reaction in the second post

(but we know better)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's indeed good news that we'll have authenticators. A pint of ale for our good Asuran Chronomancer.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-20 at 04:41 PM.

Nice Koala-with-a-gun =)

You can take back the cookie I confiscated from you. ^_^

Good to know those rumors were false.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    But............. but............. they're kitty cats :'( How could someone NOT love cats?

THE POWER OF THE CAT COMPELS YOU! THE POWER THE CAT COMPELS YOU! THE POWER OF THE CAT COMPELS YOU!

(is it working?)

haha, not at all really, i disliked them in Gw1, and in Gw2.

I however LOVE sylvari because their lore is new and fresh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    You can take back the cookie I confiscated from you. ^_^
    nom nom nom nom

Deleted
    New video for the Twilight Arbor dungeon from PC Gamer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    New video for the Twilight Arbor dungeon from PC Gamer

Yay something new