Quote Originally Posted by That Feel View Post
    I'm not asking for permission or anything. I just want to know opinions. Like when you are buying a new phone.. you ask people who already have it if it's good or not.
    It's fun.

There's your opinion. I hope it was as valuable as you hoped.

Quote Originally Posted by That Feel View Post
    I'm not asking for permission or anything. I just want to know opinions. Like when you are buying a new phone.. you ask people who already have it if it's good or not.
    For non raiders who like 5 man pve and pvp it's 10/10. For raiders ... the are other games that deliver that.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Wake up.
    AH still not working.
    Mail down.
    Can not swap guild representation
    Overflow system still screwing over parties.
    Mid to high levels zones unfinished or not working correctly.

Game is sorta disappointing from a technical/polish POV. It is "playable" but no more so than it was during last week's betas.

Definitely not the smoothest launch I have seen.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-26 at 03:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing the game hasn't launched yet then.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

Quote Originally Posted by Algore View Post
    Headstart is a launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Headstart is a launch.

head start
    n.
    1. Sports A start before other contestants in a race.
    2. An early start that confers an advantage.

Don't twist words, bro.

All we got is the early access, the launch is on Tuesday.
    Last edited by Algore; 2012-08-26 at 03:18 PM.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    An early start.
    http://www.arena.net/blog/announcing...-2-launch-date

"Guild Wars 2 will officially launch on Tuesday, August 28th."

We could go on all day.
    Last edited by Algore; 2012-08-26 at 03:20 PM.

*Degenerative Casuals

Truly a fantastic discussion.

Deleted
    Was going to make a thread but thought I'd ask in here instead. I quit WoW for several reasons, including repetitive endgame gear grind (tedious), honor grind (tedious) monthly sub and tired of the tank/heals/dps trinity. I already know about the lack of sub and the end of the trinity, but what about the gear/honor grind, will I experience those to the same degree as in WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Boatking View Post
    Was going to make a thread but thought I'd ask in here instead. I quit WoW for several reasons, including repetitive endgame gear grind (tedious), honor grind (tedious) monthly sub and tired of the tank/heals/dps trinity. I already know about the lack of sub and the end of the trinity, but what about the gear/honor grind, will I experience those to the same degree as in WoW?
    There is a minimal gear grind at max level. The gear grind, however, is not a continuous thing. Once you get your epics, those epics will be epic forever. However, that does not account for the possibility of an expansion. Right now I believe the expansions will be similar to WoW, rather than stand alone titles like GW1. We also don't know if the expansions will require the previous expansion to play, or if only the core game will be required.

The way PvE works in GW2 is enormously different than WoW. GW2 is definitely a casual MMO when it comes to PvE. Don't go into it expecting what you get from WoW.

edit: I'm not 100% how the gear grind works. It seems to be once you get to level 80 you will get rares with relative ease (comparable to blues). The orange quality (comparable to purples, but more like the first tier of the expansion type purples) will be the difficult things to get. It'll mostly be an incentive, since the difference between the gear is only something like 10%. I believe the actual different, when calculated is effectively more like 4%, but I forgot what the person used to do that.

There is also Legendary items, which are statistically identical to orange quality items. They are very grindy and difficult to get, and are more or less a vanity or exclusive item for hardcore players.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-08-26 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I can't find the last goddamn POI in Kessex Hills...
    Goddam it, cant find the last POI as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    It's fun.

There's your opinion. I hope it was as valuable as you hoped.

So you give the guy a link with just regurgitated fan hype and then get all snarky with him? Yeah that's a great way to get people to try out the game. And don't give me this "Well if he's not even going to TRY it, then I dont want him playing", because the cost of GW2 is still an expense and people don't want to drop $50+ on something they are completely unsure of...they also don't want to drop that $$ on something when people lash out at them for not dropping cash at random. I had some guy on reddit yelling at me because I wouldn't pre-purchase GW2 to get into the last beta weekend and instead wanted a beta key, as if it was wrong of me to try the product before buying it.

To answer That Feel;

Yes, purchase the game and check it out if you like the idea of dynamic events instead of just reading quest text. The story missions alone are probably worth the price tag because they are actually pretty fun, though it is annoying having to level 1-4 lvls before doing the next part, and remind me of the stories in FFXI when I used to play. The combat and weapon swapping is fun, the combat is slightly lacking but still more in depth then WoW (but not as much as TERA), but the weapon swapping adds to that.

Any other MMO and you would be frothing at the mouth over the "issues" and such.
    Last edited by thelordymir; 2012-08-26 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thelordymir View Post
    So you give the guy a link with just regurgitated fan hype
    Actually I let him decide for himself whether or not he'd like the game based on objective facts. That is much more than any review or opinion could give him. Plenty of people hate the game. Plenty of people love the game. Asking a person how they feel is simply foolish. Especially with such a broad question as that.

Sure, something like "How is the 100B/Axe Warrior PvP spec?" wouldn't get such a response and could actually give rise to an interesting discussion. But "How is the game?" Gee, why don't you see for yourself?
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-08-26 at 03:52 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the answer Larynx, appreciated. I'm a bit concerned that people with better rigs than me (core i5 2400 3.1ghz, Radeon HD6870, 4 gig ram, Win 7 64 bit) are experiencing very low fps even at lowest settings. I'm hovering over the purchase button on Amazon but I don't want to be lumbered with an unplayable game.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatking View Post
    Thanks for the answer Larynx, appreciated. I'm a bit concerned that people with better rigs than me (core i5 2400 3.1ghz, Radeon HD6870, 4 gig ram, Win 7 64 bit) are experiencing very low fps even at lowest settings. I'm hovering over the purchase button on Amazon but I don't want to be lumbered with an unplayable game.
    The game is very finicky atm with hardware. I run the game with a 6850, i5 760, 6 g and Win 7 64, and I can get 60 fps on mostly max settings. Meanwhile, those with a NASA supercomputer get drops as low as 20.

The issues are mostly resolved though. Something like 90-95% of people will not be experiencing these inconsistent problems. Most of what you might have heard would be a stress test experience, if it was a very recent complaint. Obviously, Stress tests are not indicative of the actual game conditions.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-08-26 at 03:56 PM.

Deleted
    is there a way i can create more than 4 characters? i want to try out all the professions, but i dont want to delete my characters i have already, im an altaholic

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    is there a way i can create more than 4 characters? i want to try out all the professions, but i dont want to delete my characters i have already, im an altaholic
    Gem store.

Deleted
    The game is very finicky atm with hardware. I run the game with a 6850, i5 760, 6 g and Win 7 64, and I can get 60 fps on mostly max settings. Meanwhile, those with a NASA supercomputer get drops as low as 20.

The issues are mostly resolved though. Something like 90-95% of people will not be experiencing these inconsistent problems. Most of what you might have heard would be a stress test experience, if it was a very recent complaint. Obviously, Stress tests are not indicative of the actual game conditions.

my pc is a few years old now, got a evga 560 ti though but rest is not so good, and most of the time i am around 50fps, but i went into WvWvW earlier, and fps was dropping to about 5.

and wow, turning the graphics onto low makes this look like a game from 2005 or something, such a difference.

---------- Post added 2012-08-26 at 05:22 PM ----------

Gem store.

ahhhh! how much is it? i cant get online now to check i just cant decide which class i like most, the only one ive not liked so far is engineer one, favorites are theif and elemtilist (not sure how to spell that)

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    my pc is a few years old now, got a evga 560 ti though but rest is not so good, and most of the time i am around 50fps, but i went into WvWvW earlier, and fps was dropping to about 5.

and wow, turning the graphics onto low makes this look like a game from 2005 or something, such a difference.
    WvWvW will give you frame rate issues, that's a given honestly.

And yeah, it really is. I have a few screenshots, and at min. settings the game literally looks like an old crappy PS2 game.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-08-26 at 04:23 PM.