Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Honestly I fucking regret ever purchasing the collectors edition. I should've just purchased the normal edition, and just be happy with the 3 day headstart bonuses, as the deluxe edition feels cheap. I regret it mainly because although some of this stuff looks cool, it doesn't justify the freaking $100 extra price costs.
    Yeah, I felt that way about Cataclysm. The only collector's pack I have yet to be happy I got was Skyward Sword's.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Yeah, I felt that way about Cataclysm. The only collector's pack I have yet to be happy I got was Skyward Sword's.
    Couldn't get a matching Nunchuck, so I didn't bother with that one.

I was happy with all of my GW1 collector's editions, but I wasn't impressed with what they were putting into this one. Sorry to hear that people regret it
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account
    ._. maybe I'm just bad with money or I have yet to come to really appreciate it, but every CE I've gotten so far I love. I'm eagerly awaiting my gw2 CE (should be here tomorrow) because all of the stuff inside is stuff that makes me squeal with joy.

is there a way to go into first person view in this game? its kinda lame that i cant, especially when the game looks so pretty at many places. hopefully im just being really dumb here and theres a way to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Honestly I fucking regret ever purchasing the collectors edition. I should've just purchased the normal edition, and just be happy with the 3 day headstart bonuses, as the deluxe edition feels cheap. I regret it mainly because although some of this stuff looks cool, it doesn't justify the freaking $100 extra price costs.
    Bummer, man. Sorry to hear it. At least the game is all good and fun, right?

Honestly, the only Collector's Edition of a game that really held its value for me was Burning Crusade's. I think CEs these days are getting a tad bit silly.
    Last edited by Milanor; 2012-08-29 at 01:48 AM.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    ._. maybe I'm just bad with money or I have yet to come to really appreciate it, but every CE I've gotten so far I love. I'm eagerly awaiting my gw2 CE (should be here tomorrow) because all of the stuff inside is stuff that makes me squeal with joy.
    That's what I thought too. I purchased back in April so I don't care that much but I keep thinking of all the things I could've bought with the extra 100 bucks, or could've just saved it up for school. The action figure is nice, no complaints there. Just going to keep it as an action nontheless though or give it to a friend. The chest is very cool, very original. The art frame in the other hand isn't the best, its plastic really. The worst was the soundtrack. I honestly was expecting something so awesome it would blow my brain out, essentially the in-game sountrack or something like that. But NO. All I got was a 4 - 5 minute video of some lady singing about heroes and shit. Damn!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsoggy View Post
    is there a way to go into first person view in this game? its kinda lame that i cant, especially when the game looks so pretty at many places. hopefully im just being really dumb here and theres a way to do it.
    Unfortunately, no, not yet. But when the forums finally come online (lol at the launch e-mail telling people to check them out), it's definitely a topic worth lengthy discussion.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

aw damn, thanks for response though

15+ Year Old Account
    It appears my monthly achievement "Experience Survivor" is atm stuck on 94104/100000. I am very sure I did not die, in fact, I didn't even go down. It's not a display bug either, I've earned about 12k xp the last few minutes (was watching the xp bar). Does it always randomly bug out like this? I worked very hard to complete it, and now it's stuck at 94% done.
    Last edited by Sting; 2012-08-29 at 03:24 AM.

Just hanging out in Catacombs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I felt the same way about every CE I've ever gotten, including SC2. It's why I've stopped.
    Same. Last one I bought was the Warhammer CE because it was like 30 dollars more and looked cool. So far no other CE has been worth the price to me :/
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Oh Catacombs, why you no let groups in together?
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, where exactly do you go to get to Coriolis Plaza (the PoI right below eastern wards on the Lion's Arch map).
    I swear I've run around that area 1000 times now, and I just cannot find how to get back there again(I did it once during the beta).
    Edit:Finally found it, and I feel really stupid now.
    Last edited by personn5; 2012-08-29 at 05:39 AM.

Was wondering, is the live team going to make content patches with dungeons, events, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by warx23 View Post
    Was wondering, is the live team going to make content patches with dungeons, events, etc?
    Content Team is already working on new events to feed into the system, but they won't be telling us where/when they put them in. Rather keep them a surprise for the next character you roll. "Hey I didn't see this here before, is this new, or did I just miss it?"

Keeps things fresh, rather than the "Headless horseman in town, yay new content to show up, kill it three times a day, and get bored, go back to town". As for dungeons, I'd like to hope so, but that one hasn't really been talked about all that much. It's definitely more than possible, so who knows?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty game is pretty

Last edited by Mif; 2012-08-29 at 07:21 AM.

Deleted
    Got two emails from ArenaNet (yep, checked the headers, they're legit) during the night, asking me if I was sure I wanted to reset my password.

Heh. Not very likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't see how long the maintenance was going to be, can somebody enlighten me?

Do not click those links in those emails. It has how people have been getting their accounts stolen.

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 01:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I didn't see how long the maintenance was going to be, can somebody enlighten me?
    20-60 minutes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    20-60 minutes
    Thank you, kind sir.