Anybody knows if the level 80 stuff you can craft is better, worse, or equal to the stuff the karma merchants at the cathedrals in Orr sells?

Anyone know if there is a demo or a "free until level 5" type thing with GW2? It looks so good but I can't afford to get burned like with D3.

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Anyone know if there is a demo or a "free until level 5" type thing with GW2? It looks so good but I can't afford to get burned like with D3.

Thanks.
    There currently is not a trial version for GW2. One may be made available in the future but atm they still have a freeze on digital sales (direct from Anet) so until that is lifted I wouldn't be looking for one any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    There currently is not a trial version for GW2. One may be made available in the future but atm they still have a freeze on digital sales (direct from Anet) so until that is lifted I wouldn't be looking for one any time soon.
    I was afraid of that but thanks for the quick response!

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone have any issue with the font in Trading Post?
    Mine is unreadable in all UI sizes

Deleted
    ^ I don't see problem there, I can read that.

Linking this here too because I think this looks cool. Jormag's minions half health crash. Can't wait to see all stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Does anyone have any issue with the font in Trading Post?
    Mine is unreadable in all UI sizes

you must change interface stetting from small to normal

Quote Originally Posted by Geist19 View Post

Thanks.
    I can't really tell you you'll love it without knowing you obviously, but I can tell you like you I was very disappointed with D3 and quite frankly Blizzard's whole company and the way they've ended up. We both know all D3 was, was a "test" phase for the RMAH that is no doubt being tested for project Titan, which I will never, ever buy now.

Anyways, all I can say is GW2 is one of the most lush, fun, and epic games I have ever played. I cannot get enough of this. I can't say you'll love it, and I can't say it'll be one of your favs, but I can 100% guarantee it will help wash the sour taste of D3 from your mouth.

Highly recommended.
    Last edited by HyDraLiNsK; 2012-09-06 at 08:50 PM.

Deleted
    Is there a general consensus as to what the most up-to-date skill tool is? Gotta experiment a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    You have a monkey as an avatar. I say Ranger.
    LoL best educated answer I've seen for that question. +1 internets for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    ^ I don't see problem there, I can read that.

Linking this here too because I think this looks cool. Jormag's minions half health crash. Can't wait to see all stuff.
    Oh my god... that was awesome! Gave me chills LOL .. Thanks for sharing!

Completed CM explorable fully. Line one (asura) is bugged at one point where mobs just keeps respawning, you can hug the wall and avoid them tho.(this is in the cave after the boss in the barn). The area specificly is in the "hammerhead" of the cave, you need to stay left and run under the scaffolding.
    Line2 is the easiest, didn't have any issues.
    Line3 is bonkers, mobs with 5elites and 6normal toons in 2areas.

Imo the expl mode (of atleast CM) is only harder in regards to trash. Bosses aren't a whole lot different/harder, to the point that you have to use elites on trash and can solo bosses (if you have enough time).

Anyone else wants to share an oppinion on this?

edit:
    Some annoyances.
    People refuse to play differently. We needed heavy aoe and wars decided to keep running with a rifle
    People don't realise you can switch skills out of combat :'(
    People only run builds that benefit them (signet war instead of banners/shouts) :''(
    People tell you that the game isn't ment to be played in a certain way if you try to give some simple, good mannered advice :'''(
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2012-09-07 at 01:04 AM.

Deleted
    I wasn't aware of the guildhead site. Useful.

Deleted
    Just spotted these on the game status update...

Tonight's Update
    We'll fix the issue with parties not staying together as they travel into dungeons.
    [...]
    We'll add an option to stop queueing for your home world, for players who want to remain on an overflow server indefinitely without being asked.
    We'll add an option to report an account for sending spam or otherwise inappropriate in-game mail. Edit: This option will be added in tomorrow night's update, not tonight's update.

I really like these three.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Just spotted these on the game status update...

Tonight's Update
    We'll fix the issue with parties not staying together as they travel into dungeons.
    [...]
    We'll add an option to stop queueing for your home world, for players who want to remain on an overflow server indefinitely without being asked.
    We'll add an option to report an account for sending spam or otherwise inappropriate in-game mail. Edit: This option will be added in tomorrow night's update, not tonight's update.

I really like these three.
    Oh I was waiting for the second one. Good to see dungeons finally getting fixed as well.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Long live the overflow server The home base of us all ^^. I have no problem whatsoever being there, I just like when there is a lot of events happening. Events > hearts. Make events happen more often.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Yeah, for me it doesn't really matter if I'm on the proper server or the overflow, but the constant pop-up that "the server is ready" is a bit annoying. Unless I have a good reason for wanting to be on the proper server, I'm fine with staying in the overflow.

Deleted
    I have just dinged level 80 (hurray) and now im totally lost, I have no clue what to do next :S

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    I have just dinged level 80 (hurray) and now im totally lost, I have no clue what to do next :S
    Go to Orr. The whole zone is really amazing.
    Finish your personal story if you havent done so already.
    Do dungeons, Arah is supposed to be awesome I heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Yeah, for me it doesn't really matter if I'm on the proper server or the overflow, but the constant pop-up that "the server is ready" is a bit annoying. Unless I have a good reason for wanting to be on the proper server, I'm fine with staying in the overflow.
    Really? I hate overflow with people talking in german, french or spanish and the english bitching them to stop.
    Annoying