Crafting...guys, im in love with this games crafting. It's like....amazing. Idc what people say, i think crafting is one of it's best aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Crafting...guys, im in love with this games crafting. It's like....amazing. Idc what people say, i think crafting is one of it's best aspects.
    Yeah when I head home today I'm going to be focusing on crafting. i've decided not to play personal story until 80 so I can actually play all the way through it. Kind of an end game reward for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Assass1n View Post
    Yeah when I head home today I'm going to be focusing on crafting. i've decided not to play personal story until 80 so I can actually play all the way through it. Kind of an end game reward for me.
    That's one way of doing it I guess. I like to do the personal stories at the appropriate level due to the rewards since they don't scale. While they aren't the best rewards they still provide something so that I don't have to spend karma or money elsewhere for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I often have to sit and wait for an hour or two while my girlfriend does as much crafting as she has the mats to do, while jumping a level or two ahead of me. *grumps*

I do a bit of crafting myself, but only as much as I need to equip my character!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I often have to sit and wait for an hour or two while my girlfriend does as much crafting as she has the mats to do, while jumping a level or two ahead of me. *grumps*

I do a bit of crafting myself, but only as much as I need to equip my character!
    I just did Jewelcrafting 75-300 and now i'm 5 lvls ahead of the new zone i entered. My gear is so bad compared to my lvl and my GS is for like lv 50 or something.

Side note: Does anyone know where i can find a good weaponsmithing guide or tell me what i should focus on when lvling up weaponsmithing?

Just levled 80 on my guardian, anyone have an idea where I can get some starter gear for Orr? Got around 15 gold to spend, already bought a nice greatsword for 6 gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    Just levled 80 on my guardian, anyone have an idea where I can get some starter gear for Orr? Got around 15 gold to spend, already bought a nice greatsword for 6 gold.
    Ouch, I hope it's a special named one, because I coulda crafted you one with TP bought materials for probably half that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just did Jewelcrafting 75-300 and now i'm 5 lvls ahead of the new zone i entered. My gear is so bad compared to my lvl and my GS is for like lv 50 or something.

Side note: Does anyone know where i can find a good weaponsmithing guide or tell me what i should focus on when lvling up weaponsmithing?
    On my Guardian, I finished Diessa Plateau at level... 29. And now I'm running through Snowden Drifts, starting at level 30. We're usually a good 5 levels above our personal stories before we actually get to where they are, because we don't zoom through a zone to the little green sparks if there's stuff to do on the way. Out-leveling zones is easy to do even with only a tiny little bit of crafting, and through max exploration (seriously, we refuse to leave a zone without getting 100% - we're total completionists like that). Yeah, the rewards of exploration scale, but I don't really care enough about that. They're one-time rewards, and when my characters hit 80, they're going to permanently be 80, so I'm not too worried about full Exotic. (that's what crafting is for!)

If anyone is wondering why my Guardian isn't 80 yet, it's because we don't really spend enough hours playing the game straight through on a single pair of characters, especially with how she sleeps during the day (RAGE!). So we spend a lot of time not playing the game. My personal gaming addiction drives me nuts when I'm not playing it, but I have to be the patient boyfriend. >_>;
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-07 at 06:30 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    On my Guardian, I finished Diessa Plateau at level... 29. And now I'm running through Snowden Drifts, starting at level 30. We're usually a good 5 levels above our personal stories before we actually get to where they are, because we don't zoom through a zone to the little green sparks if there's stuff to do on the way. Out-leveling zones is easy to do even with only a tiny little bit of crafting, and through max exploration (seriously, we refuse to leave a zone without getting 100% - we're total completionists like that). Yeah, the rewards of exploration scale, but I don't really care enough about that. They're one-time rewards, and when my characters hit 80, they're going to permanently be 80, so I'm not too worried about full Exotic. (that's what crafting is for!)

If anyone is wondering why my Guardian isn't 80 yet, it's because we don't really spend enough hours playing the game straight through on a single pair of characters, especially with how she sleeps during the day (RAGE!). So we spend a lot of time not playing the game. My personal gaming addiction drives me nuts when I'm not playing it, but I have to be the patient boyfriend. >_>;
    I have around 100 hours played and i'm lv 65 soon 66. I say the game was worth my 1000 NOK ((171$ US)yes i bought CE.) I haven't exactly been rushing through things seeing how the game has been around for 2 weeks in 12 hours (counting early headstart.) Enjoying it to the fullest.

I have to complete a zone 100% as well Drake, but unlike you, i will skip everything i see until i grab that green star. I love the personal story in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I love the personal story too (outside of the absolutely cliche black vs white story-writing, and the talking head cinematics that, imo, don't go far enough), but my girlfriend does things her own way, and hates it when I "rush" her. Besides, during the beta, rushing myself to personal story like that always bit me in the ass, because I'd find myself under-leveled and under-equipped, which makes the personal stories much less fun!

Deleted
    Just out of curiosity, how do you know your playtime? /played doesn't work. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how do you know your playtime? /played doesn't work. :/
    /age /10 char

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    /age /10 char
    And you can use /deaths to find out, well, your deaths. I wish /deaths also showed how much experience you had accumulated since your last death though

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    And you can use /deaths to find out, well, your deaths. I wish /deaths also showed how much experience you had accumulated since your last death though
    I think there was something like that in GW1. Also monthly achiev tracks something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there was something like that in GW1. Also monthly achiev tracks something like that.
    No, monthly achieves tracks how much experience you've earned in one sitting without dying, for that month.

Well the monthly achievement tracks max, not current.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know where you get this Greatsword from? http://www.guildhead.com/item/48027/...rs-greatsword#

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Well the monthly achievement tracks max, not current.
    Yeah, but unless you see it grow you at least know you are below max and max is for me what matters

Trying to find a way to purchase the game digitally for my brother, but all the non deluxe editions seem to be sold out, any advice?

Purchase a retail copy and e-mail your brother the code from that. As far as I know they still have not turned digital sales back on.